OP
OP
RedTXV

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Last week and once more two months ago I had another event where it was the same symptoms but instead of loud and won't turnoff it just popped and then radio wouldn't work. I read that switch to AM and then back to FM resets the HD amp or something. Well that works so I haven't taken it for service.
Since my original posting I haven't had this happen again. Until this weekend.

What you describe is exactly what happened. A pop with a little static for a few seconds, and then nothing out of the radio until a power cycle of the truck. I did not thing about switching it to AM and then back to FM.
Sponsored

LariatSpaceWhite2.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 2.7
NHTSA contacted me about my issues. Perhaps this is finally on their radar.
I was gonna push that link back to the top here and encourage everybody who’s had it happen to files something with the NHTSA.
This, from @Lytning ‘s post:

“Following is a link to NHTSA Report #11487857 which I filed. It takes only about 5 to 10 minutes to complete a complaint.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?siType=C&nhtsaId=11487857

I encourage EVERYONE who has experienced this issue to file a NHTSA complaint at this link ... https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#index

For reference, the above text was pulled from this thread:https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/extremely-loud-electrical-pop-followed-by-loud-static.9591/

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Anyone hear anything from Ford? This is the biggest dealbreaker in a vehicle I have ever come across. Hearing loss from a speaker system. Just makes me sick to my stomach.

I’ve been trying to sell my Lightning and driving with the fuse pulled in the meantime.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i have not had it happen since last time i reported in
to date since then...zero issues with the the BO system

Sponsored

Marman242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Nope, this issue has plagued our F150's since 2018 models equipped with the B&O stereo system. Was at the dealer 2 weeks ago for an oil change and asked if there was any service updates regarding this issue and they still played dumb as if it's only my truck alone that has this issue. 🙄

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
How hard could it be to sell a Lightning? :)

OP
OP
RedTXV

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Since my original posting I haven't had this happen again. Until this weekend.

What you describe is exactly what happened. A pop with a little static for a few seconds, and then nothing out of the radio until a power cycle of the truck. I did not thing about switching it to AM and then back to FM.
Happened again yesterday. :mad: Lost all audio after the quick noise. Switched to AM, then back to FM and got sound back.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Nope, this issue has plagued our F150's since 2018 models equipped with the B&O stereo system. Was at the dealer 2 weeks ago for an oil change and asked if there was any service updates regarding this issue and they still played dumb as if it's only my truck alone that has this issue. 🙄
It is absolutely unbelievable that Ford has not provided the management attention and resources to solve this issue in 5 years! And yet, they continue to sell new vehicles with B&O sound systems, which have a known design or manufacturing defect. I have reported my Doctor-documented hearing loss and tinnitus to Ford, but I have not received even the courtesy of a reply.

Sponsored

LariatSpaceWhite2.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 2.7
It is absolutely unbelievable that Ford has not provided the management attention and resources to solve this issue in 5 years! And yet, they continue to sell new vehicles with B&O sound systems, which have a known design or manufacturing defect. I have reported my Doctor-documented hearing loss and tinnitus to Ford, but I have not received even the courtesy of a reply.
I'm really surprised that the NHTSA hasn't done anything about it yet either, especially after doing some research and discovering that this issue is happening with B&O-equipped Expeditions, Mach-Es, F-150s and Raptors...what's weird is that I'm not hearing of this being an issue with B&O-equipped F-250/350s or Broncos...I wonder what's different?
Thanks for your links to the NHTSA, @Lytning , I've been sharing that far and wide!

Guillaume K

First Name
Guillaume
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Hybrid 2022 King Ranch
Occupation
Business Owner
I have a 2022 F150 Hybrid King Ranch and I had exactly the same issue :(
The noise was so loud I couldn't stay in a car more than 10s, and I am still buzzed after 1 hour.

It started the same, with an error beep and then extremely loud static. Info system didn't work, can't turn off the noise, but I could start and run the car normally. The noise was on even if I turn the car off.

I had to wait 30 min to re-start and be able to drive normally.

Now I am particularly worried to take my 3 years old in the car. If that happen again, she could be injured for life!

I am going to check with my dealership tomorrow, but I know they will do nothing. For them, they need to see the problem to do anything... I had a major argument with them for my raptor bed trunk that was not opening time to time...

deeptube

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Everest Platinum
Occupation
Managing Director
Same extreme loud static noise issue in Australia with new Ford Everest Platinum with BO speakers.

It has caused me ear damage and I fear driving the vehicle.

These are the circumstances that lead to the fault.

Listening to music via wireless Apple CarPlay. Phone was on apx 20 percent charge.

Stopped in carpark, exited and locked vehicle.

Returned to vehicle, entered as usual, placed phone on wireless charger in car.

Immediately reversed. Noticed a flicker in the reversing camera.

Placed car in drive and drive out of car park.

After 2-3 seconds a loud crack occurred followed by intolerable static noise that would not stop.

Static did not stop if I turned audio off with the on off button, would not respond to volume control, tried changing inputs, continued once I turned the engine off. Static continued after hard sync reset.

Static would only stop when I opened and closed the driver side door which shut down Sync.

The resolution was to get out of the car, lock the car, wait a few minutes and get back in. I found this on the F 150 forum.

Ford Australia and dealer say they have never heard of it before.

I have now had the car at dealer for 2 weeks. Still no resolution.

Last edited:

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Same extreme loud static noise issue in Australia with new Ford Everest Platinum with BO speakers.

It has caused me ear damage and I fear driving the vehicle.

These are the circumstances that lead to the fault.

Listening to music via wireless Apple CarPlay. Phone was on apx 20 percent charge.

Stopped in carpark, exited and locked vehicle.

Returned to vehicle, entered as usual, placed phone on wireless charger in car.

Immediately reversed. Noticed a flicker in the reversing camera.

Placed car in drive and drive out of car park.

After 2-3 seconds a loud crack occurred followed by intolerable static noise that would not stop.

Static did not stop if I turned audio off with the on off button, would not respond to volume control, tried changing inputs, continued once I turned the engine off. Static continued after hard sync reset.

Static would only stop when I opened and closed the driver side door which shut down Sync.

The resolution was to get out of the car, lock the car, wait a few minutes and get back in. I found this on the F 150 forum.

Ford Australia and dealer say they have never heard of it before.

I have now had the car at dealer for 2 weeks. Still no resolution.
I encourage you to file a NHTSA complaint. When we get enough complaints, the Feds will force Ford to fix the problem. Ford is obviously not going to do it on their own since it has been reported as occurring since the 2018 model.

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
For those in Australia, you need to follow the government procedure and form outlined in my attachment below. For my American friends, the more such issues are reported outside the USA, the more likely it will force Ford USA to action by filtering up from regions to HQ. ACL is similar to your lemon laws, just not as rigidly defined, excepting safety concerns. Lawyers will take on no-win-no-pay cases in these circumstances, even for single instances.
Sponsored

Attachments