Sponsored

Extremely loud electrical POP followed by loud static

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Today I went to leave the office for lunch. Opened up my door and stepped inside. Before my butt hit the seat, there was an extremely loud electrical sound POP through the speakers followed by loud static. The initial pop was loud enough that I thought somehow windows had shattered, and 4 hours later my left ear is still ringing.

I hadn’t touched anything. No foot on the break, not started, not butt in the seat. I sat there for roughly 30 seconds and started the truck. Static is still coming though all speakers. Truck starts, no problem. Still static. Center screen shows normal with the audio tab. Adjusting the volume on the radio does nothing to the static. No music is playing even though audio tab shows its on. I turn off the radio, still static. Turn it back on, still static.

I powered down the truck and opened the doors. Still static. Got out, closed the doors. Got back in, static still on. So Ieft it.

Come back from lunch roughly 30 minutes later and the static has stopped. Started the truck, everything is normal. Speakers sound good, sub is still working. No issues at all. I thought for sure some speakers would have been blown.

Anyone ever experience this? Any thoughts on what it might have been?

21 Limited if it matters.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Today I went to leave the office for lunch. Opened up my door and stepped inside. Before my butt hit the seat, there was an extremely loud electrical sound POP through the speakers followed by loud static. The initial pop was loud enough that I thought somehow windows had shattered, and 4 hours later my left ear is still ringing.

I hadn’t touched anything. No foot on the break, not started, not butt in the seat. I sat there for roughly 30 seconds and started the truck. Static is still coming though all speakers. Truck starts, no problem. Still static. Center screen shows normal with the audio tab. Adjusting the volume on the radio does nothing to the static. No music is playing even though audio tab shows its on. I turn off the radio, still static. Turn it back on, still static.

I powered down the truck and opened the doors. Still static. Got out, closed the doors. Got back in, static still on. So Ieft it.

Come back from lunch roughly 30 minutes later and the static has stopped. Started the truck, everything is normal. Speakers sound good, sub is still working. No issues at all. I thought for sure some speakers would have been blown.

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E

I had something similar happen with my '21 Lariat PB when the 12 v battery failed. Repeated loud pops or booms, static and a repetitive loud ticking. Truck actually shut off and had to be towed, but before the battery totally died it was making those noises.

They replaced the battery and did some module updates and it's never happened since.

Mike

BillyR

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited, 2020 Nautilus, 2011 Mustang GT
Occupation
Semi retired
As I mentioned in another thread I had the same issue with my 2022 F150 limited. I am hoping FMC will reach out to me also.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
As I mentioned in another thread I had the same issue with my 2022 F150 limited. I am hoping FMC will reach out to me also.
Hi there, Bill! I can look into the noise coming from your F150. Go ahead and send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer.

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
The subject made me think of my ex-wife! Eww eww eww!

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'

Just happened to me last night - 22 PB. Had Android Auto on and navigating. Turned on audio, and LOUD pop and then LOUD static from radio. (It sounded like a firecracker went off inside the truck.) Turned radio down then off. Turned back on - no sound at all.

Left it for about 15 minutes. Realized I had no sound from navigation and went back in to turn on radio, changed sources a few times (AM -FM - AM etc.), heard normal static on AM and then FM and then navigation audio worked. (I may have also turned off Nav in this time.)

The subject made me think of my ex-wife! Eww eww eww!
It took a bit, but I just got it - Hah!

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Just happened to me last night - 22 PB.
Same problems for the 2022's apparently. No use ordering a 22 to get rid of my turd 21 Plat than....Guess there's always GM and Ram, which are starting to look pretty good from here.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Same problems for the 2022's apparently. No use ordering a 22 to get rid of my turd 21 Plat than....Guess there's always GM and Ram, which are starting to look pretty good from here.
I've heard they are not perfect either (each having their own issues). I wonder if they do a better job communicating with their customers though.

Sponsored

maj24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat

I had this happen to me as I was leaving first thing in the morning this past Saturday with my 9 year old to his hockey. I thought every window in the vehicle had exploded. My son jumper out of the vehicle and was very startled. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

OP
OP
RedTXV

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I had this happen to me as I was leaving first thing in the morning this past Saturday with my 9 year old to his hockey. I thought every window in the vehicle had exploded. My son jumper out of the vehicle and was very startled. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
I did not. I exchanged a few PM's with Ford here and was given a case #. They said that once they reviewed it, someone would reach out. That was in March and have never heard from anyone.

I took my truck in month ago to deal with the recalls and told them about it. They stated they didn't have time to look at it and to bring it back another time.

Unleashed system I assume?

maj24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I did not. I exchanged a few PM's with Ford here and was given a case #. They said that once they reviewed it, someone would reach out. That was in March and have never heard from anyone.

I took my truck in month ago to deal with the recalls and told them about it. They stated they didn't have time to look at it and to bring it back another time.

Unleashed system I assume?
Yes, the upgraded Bose system in the 2022 F-150 Power Boost. I also have the upgraded pro power onboard 7.2Kw.

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
I just created a thread for likely the same issue myself. I posted video of it. I didn’t have static though.

jarfinm

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self
I have had the same pooping and now crackling in my new F150 Lariat. The initial noise is explosive and the cracking only stops when you switch the system off. Can someone help?
Sponsored