Sponsored

ivorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT 302
ugh, I’m embarrassed to say that I don’t. That was really irresponsible. I need and adapter for my Anderson wdh. I’ll get on that right now
Yeah it looked a little low in the back (is your truck leveled?), I'm guilty of not putting my bars on sometimes when I'm just going down the road a little ways at fairly low speed (60 km/h). I know the hitch usually has a capacity listed on a sticker for with and without a WDH, I think it's usually a maximum tongue weight 500lbs without a WDH on an F-150. I never really understand why it's different for with and without a WDH, I'd think it's the same stress on the hitch receiver. It probably has more to due with squat and not having enough weight on the steer axle.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah it looked a little low in the back (is your truck leveled?), I'm guilty of not putting my bars on sometimes when I'm just going down the road a little ways at fairly low speed (60 km/h). I know the hitch usually has a capacity listed on a sticker for with and without a WDH, I think it's usually a maximum tongue weight 500lbs without a WDH on an F-150. I never really understand why it's different for with and without a WDH, I'd think it's the same stress on the hitch receiver. It probably has more to due with squat and not having enough weight on the steer axle.
It's a very different stress. Without the WDH, all the tongue weight is just downward stress on the ball, and it treats the truck as a lever with the rear axle as pivot point. So it can lift the front and put less-than-curb weight on the front. The WDH actually creates a rotational force (moment) at the hitch to pitch some weight forward (steer axle) and backward (to the trailer axles).

Mine (reese steadi-flex) is pretty cool to watch as it distributes, you can actually see it pivot a tiny bit until it applies that moment on the trucks hitch receiver and the whole truck just evens out. (I'm talking about going from super raised up to get the spring bars in, and slowly lowering the jack)

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Fuel D693 Blitz. They have traditionally just offered chrome or black. This new color is platinum and I’m loving it
Sorry to ask so many questions but what off set are those wheels?

After I saw i a 2018 f150 towing a 32ft enclosed trailer over monarch pass and it blew by my in my F250 6.7 powerstroke I became a believer in these rigs. Im in the club now!

Thanks in advance...nice looking rig brother

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I'm considering the Fuel Covert also because they are offered in an Anthracite. I want something that isn't black or chrome and i like some of these more muted, matte looking wheels.

Is yours lifted/leveled? If so, which kit? I'm totally confused which kit is just the best one out there...
I have the icon stage 3 kit
Sorry to ask so many questions but what off set are those wheels?

After I saw i a 2018 f150 towing a 32ft enclosed trailer over monarch pass and it blew by my in my F250 6.7 powerstroke I became a believer in these rigs. Im in the club now!

Thanks in advance...nice looking rig brother
No worries, I’m glad to help. The installer said they were plus 1, but the box said zero offset.

Sponsored

Arbybaconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your truck looks amazing! And that payload! Nice work sir

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Nice to see I’m not the only fan of the blitz wheels ? I love em!

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
Have you had opportunity to check MPG in non-towing driving?

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Have you had opportunity to check MPG in non-towing driving?
My lifetime MPG is 17.2 with 6000 miles on it. Maybe 700 miles are with a heavy trailer. On the daily commute I get 18 to 21. But I think it will get better. I never use eco and I’m not utilizing the electric driving as much as I should

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
Tireman, what is the offset of the rims on your truck?

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Did you want the offset +1 or is that how the tire fits naturally?
I didn’t them sticking out at all really. I need a wheel with a little less positive offset because I was rubbing the icon upper control arm. Maybe stock is +20? So +1 took it out a little bit.
Sponsored