First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I don't like to do that because you could lock the keys in the truck if you accidently left them in the console or something.
You've got keyless entry on the door. Poor excuse.

In fact back when you actually used a key to start vehicles. I would take a an extra key and grind it down so it was hard to tell it was in the ignition and leave it in the ignition all the time and just use keyless entry to get in my Lincolns. Also before keyfobs ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Fair enough. I just don't want to get in the habit and then make the mistake on the wife's car or a rental or something.
Or walk/fly off/land (then drive home) with the keyless fob during an early morning return of the rental.

These days, I just walk off with the rental fob and get yelled at by the rental agent.

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
I don't like to do that because you could lock the keys in the truck if you accidently left them in the console or something.
You and I think alike. On principle, I only lock car doors with the keyfob. That ensures that the keys are never inside.

With the number pad on the outside of the new truck's door, I might modify my pattern. We'll see.
Sponsored