Sponsored

Extended warranty rental car

PowerBoostSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet Powerboost
I have the Ford extended warranty on my 2.7 and want to get a few things look at at my local dealer. My warranty paperwork says they will cover a rental car if the repair takes longer than 1 day AND the vehicle can’t be driven.

problem is my local dealer said they don’t look at the vehicle the same day I make an appointment to drop it off. They add it to their line and may not even look at it for days. This doesn’t work for me because I need a way to get to work.

has anyone had success using their warranty or working with Ford to get a rental in these situations? If they don’t look at it for several days how do I get it into the “next day rental” timeframe.

FWIW I recently moved to this area and this is the only nearby
I would ask in a nice way (as I am sure you do) and see the service manager if needed. Suggest you will go to another dealer if they cannot help/comply. As a small business owner, the easier customers who openly say - I understand you are busy, etc, etc. I need some help to get to work, etc. - usually works better than the blasto I gonna sue you and all that other crap.
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Why not give us the name of the dealership? Who would believe when they said they have 60 vehicles in line to be looked at. That doesn’t sound like a very good appointment system.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my dealer will do everything to get you a loaner.. the problem is they only have two loaner vehicles sponsored through ford
so they work with closest rental agency,,,,,,,,,,,,, which is nearly 30 miles away

so far, if they have kept my truck or other car overnight , i get the porter to bring me home and pick me up.

but folks that have to get to work it is a problem.
i would suggest as have others, talk to the service dept manager and explain, like everyone else you need to be able to get to work and rental coverage is covered if they keep it over 24 hrs.

if you drop it off on a scheduled appointment the clock should be started with ford right then, no matter when they actually start work. if its over 24 hrs ...they need to step up, get a loaner or get you a ford rental
sugar gets you farther than salt in the scheme of things.
some places like to dance first,

UNIKRN150

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I have that coverage and my dealer gives me a loaner when I drop it off.
Same here.

My Dealer gave me a loaner for the 3-weeks it took to get the back ordered parts and when I returned it, I just handed them the keys.

No paperwork, no charges, no nothing. Just great Customer Service!

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
Last week my PB started throwing every "module not connected / not communicating" code it has in its tables.. I have a great service writer at our dealership who got me a loaner in a day and half.. And it is another PB Lariat!

I haven't even had a chance to ask him if this is part of the regular warranty or the ESP I have with first day loaner and the $60 per day option.. I will check if the ESP kicked in when I pick up my truck..

OP
OP
TruckGuy2020

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Thanks for the advice y’all. I called and tried to plead my case and they insisted no loaner or rental and they can’t run diagnostics on the vehicle the day I drop it off because they are too backed up.
I wish I had a better dealer nearby. It’s World Ford if Pensacola, FL
Sponsored