Sponsored

Extended Warranty on 2021 F-150 hybrid covers battery?

Alph

First Name
Alph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hi again,
If I chose to go with the hybrid engine, I was thinking an extended warranty might be a good idea given the new technology. Knowing that parts that wear aren't usually covered, would the battery be fully covered? Thoughts?
Sponsored

clee1052

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150
Occupation
Director Safety & Compliance (Retired LE)
I agree, I always shop my Ford Extended warranty online though a bunch of dealers. You will be surprised the difference in prices. My dealer wanted 2500.00, I was able to get a 7y 100k for 1100.00 with 0% for 12months.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Chris,

New to this, so just trying to understand the process on how to do this. Do you just buy the truck at some dealer, decline the extended warranty at the time of closing the transaction and then search for the best deal on the extended warranty? Is that right? How long is the window you have after the purchase to do that?

Thanks!

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
I had seen somewhere on here that there were some dealers that showed warranty pricing on theirs site. Looking for the best price to extend the warranty once I actually get my new truck.

anyone have a place for the extended warranty deals?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I had seen somewhere on here that there were some dealers that showed warranty pricing on theirs site. Looking for the best price to extend the warranty once I actually get my new truck.

anyone have a place for the extended warranty deals?
This is the one I use and has been the cheapest I've found, there is another one just can't think of their name. I like this one too because you just enter you information and what you want and it shows you the price. It is a Ford extended warranty also, not some after market.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

Of course you get rebated any unused portion if you cancel before it expires.

Other hybrids would include a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty on all the hybrid components, haven't seen anything from Ford on this yet because the 21 brochures are not out yet. Guess I can check some of Fords other hybrid vehicles and see if they have it.

kavm
Yes, decline the extended warranty when you purchase then find your best price else where. I know you have till 12 months, you can do it all the way up to 43 months I think it is but it is higher for anything over 12 months.

You can go to Flood Ford and just do some info and it should tell you. I usually get it pretty quick because I add the upgraded rental car feature, it's like $15 and they have to give you a rental car.

The have the 2021 cost up now. I did a test run for a 2021 4WD for 5 years and 48,000, $0 deductible and first day car rental ($30 per day for 10 days) and it was $685. For $50 more you get an upgraded rental car is $60 per day for 10 days.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is what Ford does on 2020 hybrid escape. 8YR/100,000 HYBRID UNIQUE COMPONENTS

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
Thank you Currybob!

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I’d definitely get a Ford backed Premium ES.

Don‘t even think about a second or third party ESP and yes, the Lifetime warranty that some Ford dealers offer are second party ESP‘s and are not backed by Ford at all.

Check out Lombard, Flood, and Zeigler Ford for the best price. Lombard has the most financing options.

No need to purchase it from the same selling dealer so just decline it when you’re in the finance office.

Also, no need to purchase one before the factory bumper to bumper expires. Yes, it’ll cost a little more later on but it’s nothing outrageous.

After you get quotes from online sellers, ask your dealer if they can match or beat the price. Never hurts to ask right.

Pay attention when you’re figuring out which Ford ESP you want because, just like on the current F150 with LED lighting, that lighting is an extra cost option that can be added to the ESP.

I Hope this Info helps.

Last edited:

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Mazda 3
Occupation
Nurse
Does the hybrid battery and components fall under powertrain coverage? Just curious

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Does the hybrid battery and components fall under powertrain coverage? Just curious
Falls under the extend hybrid components coverage if it does like the other Ford hybrids.

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Falls under the extend hybrid components coverage if it does like the other Ford hybrids.
I wonder how the Modular Hybrid Transmission is covered, strictly as a hybrid component, or whether the common portion of the 10-Speed transmission is considered under the powertrain, and the motor/generator and clutch system are considered under the hybrid warranty.

I tried looking for this in the Explorer Hybrid Warranty book, but it didn't clearly define it, and the only transmission that was mentioned in Ford's hybrid warranty supplement was a CVT or single speed gearbox if I recall.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I looked at the Flood link for the ESP. I did not see an option to cover the LED lighting. Can someone point me to the correct coverage? From the comments above, I assume the LED lighting is expensive to replace.

mike001va

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150
Occupation
retired
This is the one I use and has been the cheapest I've found, there is another one just can't think of their name. I like this one too because you just enter you information and what you want and it shows you the price. It is a Ford extended warranty also, not some after market.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/index.php

Of course you get rebated any unused portion if you cancel before it expires.

Other hybrids would include a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty on all the hybrid components, haven't seen anything from Ford on this yet because the 21 brochures are not out yet. Guess I can check some of Fords other hybrid vehicles and see if they have it.

kavm
Yes, decline the extended warranty when you purchase then find your best price else where. I know you have till 12 months, you can do it all the way up to 43 months I think it is but it is higher for anything over 12 months.

You can go to Flood Ford and just do some info and it should tell you. I usually get it pretty quick because I add the upgraded rental car feature, it's like $15 and they have to give you a rental car.

The have the 2021 cost up now. I did a test run for a 2021 4WD for 5 years and 48,000, $0 deductible and first day car rental ($30 per day for 10 days) and it was $685. For $50 more you get an upgraded rental car is $60 per day for 10 days.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150