Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Hey Guys,
I don’t plan on purchasing an extended warranty when I receive my truck but probably will before the factory warranty expires. Has anyone purchased an extension yet? If so how much was it and what model is your truck? With all the electronics on these things there is no way I could fix it myself if something happens.
Sponsored

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Hey Guys,
I don’t plan on purchasing an extended warranty when I receive my truck but probably will before the factory warranty expires. Has anyone purchased an extension yet? If so how much was it and what model is your truck? With all the electronics on these things there is no way I could fix it myself if something happens.
There a lot of info on another thread labeled Extended Service Plans ESP started by CurryBob very informative and will help you save a few bucks

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I got one with my truck…the plan Ford Says covers the most. Got it for 6/100,000

He first quoted me $2500. I told
Him that was a joke. My wife had a Japanese car and they gave her the same warranty for half that. I asked him how he could allow a Japanese car company to do that while one of the big 2 can’t touch that figure

i wasn’t even trying to play the game, I was just telling the guy how stupid that number was and I was genuinely puzzled.
He told me that he pays $1490 for that plan and he has to make $500 on every plan he sells

so I paid $1990

If you go to the thread listed above you will see I overpaid by a few hundred dollars.

he knew I was financing through Ford to get the $1,000 incentive and then refinancing with my credit union so I figure this was his way of at least making a few dollars off me because he gets dinged for the holdback on my finance account. Push and pull.

my brother used to be in the car business and his brother in law used to sell GMC’s

they both told me to skip the extended warranty’s and fabric protection but to purchase the tire and wheel.

to me and extended warranty is paying for peace and mind. That’s it.

they told me a story of showing up to the dealership on a Monday to find a truck parked in the service parking lot with the tires destroyed, puke on the outside door panels and a bottle ofJim Beam on the floorboard.
They fixed the tires and called the guy. Haha

Long story short.
Don’t pay too much and check out the other thread

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I took the 4 year 100,000km extended warranty/service plan on my Tacoma, but the Ford warranty only plan was more than double the Toyota price, so I declined.

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
1. Search this forum about the 3 websites (not Ford) where you can purchase E.W and/or service plans.
2. THey ae cheaper than through the Ford dealerships.
3. Note: I took the internet E.W. price to my dealership before signing the purchase papers & they matched it. Not all will but worth the attempt.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
1. Search this forum about the 3 websites (not Ford) where you can purchase E.W and/or service plans.
2. THey ae cheaper than through the Ford dealerships.
3. Note: I took the internet E.W. price to my dealership before signing the purchase papers & they matched it. Not all will but worth the attempt.
FYI, Zeigler, Flood and the others ARE Ford Dealerships, they have just also chosen to make a market for online sales of Ford Extended Warranties in bulk at discounted prices. In general you can find the same thing for other car brands (i.e. I got and Infiniti EW from a big dealer in Phoenix, when the Austin Infiniti dealer couldn't come close).

AnthemMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Got mine at Flood Ford. 2021, XLT Sport, 4wd, 2.7L, SCREW....I purchased 7yrs/125k for $1980. Transferred my warranty from my 2019 XLT Sport 5.0 garbage truck to this truck and got $1650 that I put towards new warranty and then used the 42,000 rewards points from Ford Pass app which applied another $210 towards it. Ended up paying $120 out of pocket (I added 1st day rental this time which brought it up $70 I believe).

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Got mine from Flood, 8yr/100,000mi, zero deductible. $2055.
My dealer couldn’t buy it for that.

(Btw, Platinum Powerboost)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Got mine from Flood, 8yr/100,000mi, zero deductible. $2055.
My dealer couldn’t buy it for that.

(Btw, Platinum Powerboost)
Does anyone know if the moon roof is covered for leaks? I don’t see it mentioned anywhere on their coverage listings.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
FYI:
Xplan members get slightly belter pricing on it according to the finance guy that did mine at dealership.
I still said no thanks I'll just use standard warranty.
He said it will cost more to get it after regular 3 years is up.
I still said no thanks.
Then he said he can give me 2 years extended for 310 with available 210 rebate so it would cost me $100.
So I said hmmm ok, no brainer. We'll see if I get anything out of it. But its worth asking about at dealer.

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
FYI:
Xplan members get slightly belter pricing on it according to the finance guy that did mine at dealership.
I still said no thanks I'll just use standard warranty.
He said it will cost more to get it after regular 3 years is up.
I still said no thanks.
Then he said he can give me 2 years extended for 310 with available 210 rebate so it would cost me $100.
So I said hmmm ok, no brainer. We'll see if I get anything out of it. But its worth asking about at dealer.
Which plan is that? How many miles does it cover you for?

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Comprehensive Zurich 7yr 70,000 miles (took me 10 years to drive 60,000) with $100 deductible for about $1900.

Another lifetime/unlimited miles power train policy including turbos with no deductible for free.

Lifetime window tint free.

BUT- I had the out the door price dropped by another $2000 before I signed so the cost was basically free.
Sponsored