Extended Service Plans ESPs

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
For the Florida guys doing price comparison, which state do you use to compare with? Are they they all the same or are some states cheaper than others?
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
For the Florida guys doing price comparison, which state do you use to compare with? Are they they all the same or are some states cheaper than others?
They can vary a lot from state to state.

I think is has to due with the average dealer's hourly repair rates, Just a guess though.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
While not for an F-150, we got my wife a used Focus Electric, and it came with a 12 month/12k mile certified vehicle warranty, and I contacted Flood Ford to ensure they could add an ESP to it. We now have a 8 year, 75k mile warranty on it, with first day rental, extended rental, and the lighting replacement plan. I also was able to use FordPass points to pay for a portion of it.

I suggest contacting them directly as it seems the price we got was even better than the site advertised price, unless it has something to do with it being a certified used, but I haven’t heard of that. In any case, the ESP through flood was less than a 1/3rd of what the used car dealer said was their best price on the same years/miles, but without the extended rental and that. Their service and responsiveness was great, and I can confirm that they actually add the product as I looked up the VIN in OASIS and it shows the warranty associated with the vehicle, so any Ford service department will see the same thing.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I went thru Zeigler and they were able to put my FordPass points towards the purchase.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Now that I have ESP I am considering Premium Maintenance.

Has anyone looked into the PM contract details to see what is not covered between ESP and PM (other than tires)?

Thanks!

Sponsored

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I am considering getting a Ford ESP for my truck I bought a few weeks ago. My question is how is the ESP fine print if you don't have the maintenance plan? I don't drive enough to justify the cost of the maintenance plan overtime (less than 5k miles per year) but still change my oil and rotate tires every 6 months. Will they claim I have not taken it to a dealership for maintenance in X amount of time or miles and deny warranty due to lack of "maintenance" even though I am doing it myself? I have seen third-party warranties do this even though the issue had nothing to do with stuff inspected or oil at regular dealer maintenance, no receipt from ASE shop in the last 3 or 6 months would equal no warranty payout despite the issue . First 3 scheduled maintenance trips are included with my truck by the dealer, so not worried in the short term. Just what happens 4-5+ years down the line.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I am considering getting a Ford ESP for my truck I bought a few weeks ago. My question is how is the ESP fine print if you don't have the maintenance plan? I don't drive enough to justify the cost of the maintenance plan overtime (less than 5k miles per year) but still change my oil and rotate tires every 6 months. Will they claim I have not taken it to a dealership for maintenance in X amount of time or miles and deny warranty due to lack of "maintenance" even though I am doing it myself? I have seen third-party warranties do this even though the issue had nothing to do with stuff inspected or oil at regular dealer maintenance, no receipt from ASE shop in the last 3 or 6 months would equal no warranty payout despite the issue . First 3 scheduled maintenance trips are included with my truck by the dealer, so not worried in the short term. Just what happens 4-5+ years down the line.
I'm in the same boat, don't put a lot of miles on it and I do my own servicing after the freebies. The fine print does not require Ford to do the servicing, just document the servicing if your are doing it yourself or keep receipts if you are having it done at oil change places. I document date, oil used, oil weight, air filter and oil filter etc.

Tire rotation is not required for truck warranty but better for the life of the tires, I only document that to help me remember. Lol

One good thing about having low annual mileage is it makes the ESP plans much cheaper.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
When self-servicing vehicles under warranty I create a spreadsheet to track all of the maintenance work I do. And as @currybob says keep all of your receipts. I also keep a flap off of the cardboard box the oil came in (showing viscosity, brand, UPC, etc.), and the same for filters and other maintenance parts.

Years back, such documentation earned us a new transmission from Honda - well past the factory warranty mileage limit.

YMMV.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I have used Ford ESP for years. It only excludes, what is excluded. They don’t ask where the maintenance was done, ever.

It’s all down the the shop actually fixing it the first time you bring it in, so get the 0 dollar deductible or you will pay every time they “can’t reproduce the issue”.

Found that out the hard way how salesman gets the ESP price down to make a sale.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I have used Ford ESP for years. It only excludes, what is excluded. They don’t ask where the maintenance was done, ever.

It’s all down the the shop actually fixing it the first time you bring it in, so get the 0 dollar deductible or you will pay every time they “can’t reproduce the issue”.

Found that out the hard way how salesman gets the ESP price down to make a sale.
If it is under warranty, there shouldn't be a diagnostic fee or deductible charge. Are you saying that after the factory warranty is up and when under ESP, they charge for each visit even if they can't reproduce ?

If that is the case, the difference between a $0 and a $100 deductible is about $450 for the 8yr/100k plan. If I ended up taking it in 5 times after the factory warranty runs out and while in the ESP for issues, then the truck would possibly have to go. I think I'll stick with the $100 deductible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
If it is under warranty, there shouldn't be a diagnostic fee or deductible charge. Are you saying that after the factory warranty is up and when under ESP, they charge for each visit even if they can't reproduce ?

If that is the case, the difference between a $0 and a $100 deductible is about $450 for the 8yr/100k plan. If I ended up taking it in 5 times after the factory warranty runs out and while in the ESP for issues, then the truck would possibly have to go. I think I'll stick with the $100 deductible.
There is a scenario where that would be the case and it is stated somewhere in the ESP contract. Of course not so with the factory warranty.

If you take it in after the factory warranty, there will be a deductible charge for the initial analysis. If nothing is found to be not operating as it should be, you are still out of the deductible.

If they find something and bring it to the service dept to do a repair attempt and that does not fix it and you bring it back for the same issue shortly after the repair, then you do not pay the deductible again.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
There is a scenario where that would be the case and it is stated somewhere in the ESP contract. Of course not so with the factory warranty.

If you take it in after the factory warranty, there will be a deductible charge for the initial analysis. If nothing is found to be not operating as it should be, you are still out of the deductible.

If they find something and bring it to the service dept to do a repair attempt and that does not fix it and you bring it back for the same issue shortly after the repair, then you do not pay the deductible again.
Then I'll keep that in mind for when issues occur. thanks :)

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Then I'll keep that in mind for when issues occur. thanks :)
Yeah, you want to make sure you can reproduce it. Those "sometimes" issues really suck.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Yeah, you want to make sure you can reproduce it. Those "sometimes" issues really suck.
and another reason to consider 0 deductible & full rental options - peace of mind to just go in however many times to get something fixed