Extended Service Plans ESPs

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
has anyone come up with any of the cheaper online options for Florida owners?
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
@Knickell @Markl what did you guys decide on delievery day? There's gotta be a cheaper option for us Florida guys than what I'm seeing (3k+ more than other states for the same plan is absurd!).
I think there are a few more states high like Florida, it is crazy but cost of all the sunshine I guess. They must have really high hourly rates at the dealers there.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The dealer tried to sell me on an ESP today, and I ALMOST accepted they're offer until I asked about the deductible on their quote. The finance person printed the quotes that listed dealer cost and Flood Ford was $600 under dealer cost for the same plan. He had zero pushback and just asked how they can sell for so low. I'll probably buy it next spring as I think I spent enough money for one day.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
The dealer tried to sell me on an ESP today, and I ALMOST accepted they're offer until I asked about the deductible on their quote. The finance person printed the quotes that listed dealer cost and Flood Ford was $600 under dealer cost for the same plan. He had zero pushback and just asked how they can sell for so low. I'll probably buy it next spring as I think I spent enough money for one day.
Well at least you know where to go for the best price.

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
@Knickell @Markl what did you guys decide on delievery day? There's gotta be a cheaper option for us Florida guys than what I'm seeing (3k+ more than other states for the same plan is absurd!).
Mullinax Kissimmee quoted me 1950.00 for the top tier esp, i paid 400 more, 5 years ago for a midrange plan with one year less coverage..I considered it reasonable, plus I am paying cash and not rolling it in to the loan.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

@succeed23 Delivery day was a blur for me, lol!

However, I took time to be precise with the warranty part of the buying process.

The night before I printed out quotes from Flood Ford and Ziegler Ford and was prepared to ask the dealer to price match if they were too high.

Surprisingly, when it came time for them to pitch me an extended warranty, they presented me with a third party product/company. I needed to ask specifically for Ford’s ESP for them to draw me up a quote on it. I told them I wanted the full eight years, and at least 100K miles of coverage, and was comfortable with the $100 deductible. I was surprised when they presented me with the warranty AND maintenance packages combined for just a shade more than my online quotes!

I read all the fine print as thoroughly as possible and asked a lot of questions to the warranty rep. and everything indicated it was the same plan I had done my research on. So the long and short of it, I went with Ford ESP through my dealer and was able to get the maintenance plan for a great price too!

Last edited:

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I think there are a few more states high like Florida, it is crazy but cost of all the sunshine I guess. They must have really high hourly rates at the dealers there.
No state taxes, but they get us on a lot of other stuff down here for sure. Still cheaper living here than a lot of places. Good and bad with everything
Mullinax Kissimmee quoted me 1950.00 for the top tier esp, i paid 400 more, 5 years ago for a midrange plan with one year less coverage..I considered it reasonable, plus I am paying cash and not rolling it in to the loan.
Delivery day was a blur for me, lol!

However, I took time to be precise with the warranty part of the buying process.

The night before I printed out quotes
It looks like Mullinax Ford has great prices.

@Knickell dang. Considering we have the same dealer, I'd really be interested in knowing what you paid for your ESP. I guess I'll see what they offer.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Delivery day was a blur for me, lol!

The night before I printed out quotes
In hindsight, I should have done that. Instead, I joined the dealer's free wifi network and looked it up on my phone while reviewing the paperwork.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

My OP saved too early, give it another look because I added more information ⬆

Last edited:

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In hindsight, I should have done that. Instead, I joined the dealer's free wifi network and looked it up on my phone while reviewing the paperwork.
I foresaw myself doing something like that too. I used those seven LONG months to prepare for that day’s battle!! Thankfully, it was pretty seamless!

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
Anderson and Koch is discounted until 3 August right now, Just got my plan for $100 less than it was a quoted a couple weeks ago. https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/
Is this the one you ended up going with? Can you still use FordPass points to discount it a bit? I think 42k points is roughly $200 - is that even worth using on the ESP or better to save for future maintenance / parts etc?

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Is this the one you ended up going with? Can you still use FordPass points to discount it a bit? I think 42k points is roughly $200 - is that even worth using on the ESP or better to save for future maintenance / parts etc?
Yes that is who I went with, same plan as the others, just the best deal for what I wanted right now. I never ask about the Fordpass points.
Sponsored