First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I never bought an extended warranty until I bought my 2015 Platinum used in 2018. It was from a third party, not Ford. Best decision I ever made. When it was ready to run out this spring, the Ford dealer suggested I have the truck inspected and repair a very minor rear main leak. The warranty repaired the leak and other minor things that I didn't even expect them to repair. All total I figure I ended up about $1000 to the good on the deal.
Sponsored

Reactions: Kit

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
I have seen some of this mentioned during various threads and thought it would be a good idea to centralize it in one place.

Online Ford extended service plans are much cheaper purchasing through an online Ford ESP seller. They sell tons of plans and save you tons on the price. I am listing several I have found that are close in price but there is difference. They are selling the same Ford backed plan, good at any Ford dealer.

I will tell you, it is cheaper to start the plan the first year with less than 12,000 miles.

You can purchase these right up till the end of the bumper to bumper warranty. 3 years 36,000 miles which ever comes first.

They offer options of various years, mileage and deductibles.

They also offer two enhanced car rental services, bulb replacement and key options. With LEDs and their expense, I get it and both car rental options. Both are cheap for the time period they are covering me, like $70 for the 6 year plan that I get.

All rebate back unused portions not used anytime you want. They are transferable so a good selling tool if you ever do that.

These plans start day one of the trucks service date. So a 2021 with a 6 year plan, expires in 2027.

https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/
https://www.floodfordesp.com/

I have used Flood and service was excellent but currently after pricing these on line to compare, Zeigler was the cheapest for me but you have to pay in full up front. I did not see that discount at Flood. In the coupon box type payinfull and it will save you something like $250 off. Without that, Flood was cheaper, I believe Anderson was the same as Flood.

Anyway just another tool for ya'll to consider and if you want one, here is way to save a good bit of money.

If anyone knows of others, feel free to post it here.

Update... Ford ESP plan had price increased starting early Jan 2021

I would suggest you give your dealer the option to price match. Watch their faces when you tell them what you can get it for.

It's priceless!!

1605836128701.png

Admin-I may have started this thread in the wrong spot. Move if it you need to. thanks
Thanks for the info. My question is how are the hybrid unique components/system handled for the power boost. The one ESP brochure I read seemed to be written around a conventional engine system. Is the warranty that comes with the truck sufficient to cover the hybrid related components ?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Had my 2018 serviced last year with full synthetic, tire rotation and they treated all the rubber door seals for $80, I only use full synthetic oil. Thought I would try the dealer service one time and after that I stated doing it myself again. I'm cheap I guess...
Thats not bad considering the quick lube places around here charge over 100 for full synthetic truck and thats no rotation or anything else.

I tend to do it myself too (also cheap… well… frugal) but sometimes life gets busy.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Thanks for the info. My question is how are the hybrid unique components/system handled for the power boost. The one ESP brochure I read seemed to be written around a conventional engine system. Is the warranty that comes with the truck sufficient to cover the hybrid related components ?
They should just fall under the power train components, so they’ll still be covered by most ESPs. The only thing I’m not sure of is how they’d treat the battery itself as far as capacity goes, I bet that would fall into some special category where they prorate it after a certain number of miles.

oberkorn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum (Ordered)
Occupation
Software / Technology
They should just fall under the power train components, so they’ll still be covered by most ESPs. The only thing I’m not sure of is how they’d treat the battery itself as far as capacity goes, I bet that would fall into some special category where they prorate it after a certain number of miles.
Battery coverage on the hybrids is 8 year / 100k miles, according to sticker...

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Battery coverage on the hybrids is 8 year / 100k miles, according to sticker...
That’s the factory warranty yes, I believe he was wondering how ESP would cover it beyond beyond that.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Can anyone post how much they've actually paid for an oil change and tire rotation (and other normal mx @ a 5-10K mile servicing) if they don't have the Ford Mx contract?

Trying to see how much else I need to squeeze out of the maintenance contract to make it worthwhile.

Also, comments about full synthetic vs what would otherwise be included? Dealership said they use conventional. Would assume preferred would be full synthetic for the life of the car.

Appreciate the feedback and posts so far! Thanks in advance.
Service isn’t going to cost the same 5+ years from now…. Factor that in

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Any Canadians here know if the ‘online’ Ford ESP dealers mentioned on this thread are available/ valid in Canada?

I want to avoid paying the overpriced dealer ESP when I pick up my truck (whenever)… but still see some value in an ESP.

help?

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
That’s the factory warranty yes, I believe he was wondering how ESP would cover it beyond beyond that.
Correct. That was the question. I will inquire directly with the ESP provider and see what they say.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I see this has already been pretty well answered. 8 years 100,000 by factory and what ever ESP you get past that covers under power-train, my understanding is the battery is not part of that.

Sponsored

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Can anyone post how much they've actually paid for an oil change and tire rotation (and other normal mx @ a 5-10K mile servicing) if they don't have the Ford Mx contract?

Trying to see how much else I need to squeeze out of the maintenance contract to make it worthwhile.

Also, comments about full synthetic vs what would otherwise be included? Dealership said they use conventional. Would assume preferred would be full synthetic for the life of the car.

Appreciate the feedback and posts so far! Thanks in advance.
$56 for me with synthetic blend. Used points to pay.
Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs 3E24A6A8-A2E3-4AB3-81F6-20C0F3BD88E2
Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs B5A346B8-5DAF-48B8-8DD7-0A37D04AEF9F

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Thanks to @currybob and others on this thread!

Did our deal yesterday for our new Lariat screw powerboost.

The dealer was pushing a 3rd party warranty but I told him I wanted the ESP. He offered a 5 or 6 year (don't remember which) Premium Care on a "friends & family discount" at $2,400.

Armed with knowledge from this thread, I told him I could get 8 years, 100,000 miles, plus both rental car add-ons, lights add-on, and key add-on for $1,850. He really squirmed and muttered things like "how do they do that" and "below cost". I told him he could have my business at $1,950 - so I didn't have to mess with it online.

He said "I'll do that".

So thanks again, all!

-Eric

Jcartwr97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Consulting
Shopped all the online dealers when I bought my truck a free months ago. The best price on the ESP 8yr/125k miles with 0 deductible was about $100 over their cost, so they matched it. Then I did the premium maintenance plan with full synthetic and 5k mile intervals and it ended up being below their cost by a couple hundred, I told them I didn’t expect them to lose money and would just buy that one online but the owner said no, he sold it to me at a slight loss to keep in house. We’ve had beers a few times and he lives near me, and quite honestly I think he was just happy I got behind a blue oval again instead of a bow tie.
Sponsored