Extended Service Plans ESPs

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Does anyone know if the infotainment and gauge screens are covered in Ford Protect Premium Care? It appears they may not be.
Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Yes that makes sense, thanks. The cost of the warranty could increase as well beyond the $100, especially if there are problems with these trucks. But I guess you can't worry about that too much.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I unfortunately bought one from my dealer that was over twice the price of Zeigler. Went back to the dealer 2 weeks later and filled out the form to cancel it. They did not seem happy. Hope they actually submit it! Still showing on my FordPass app. Will snap up the Zeigler or Flood one when the original one is cancelled.

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
My understanding is premium care covers everything that is under the 3 yr warranty.
Which does cover it.
If not I have reservations about ESP..
The last thing I want to hear from a service department is this isn't covered..

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
My understanding is premium care covers everything that is under the 3 yr warranty.
Which does cover it.
If not I have reservations about ESP..
The last thing I want to hear from a service department is this isn't covered..
I see nothing on sun/moonroofs at all.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
What about the moon roof? I don’t see any details on that.
It better all be covered or I'm pulling the plug on it..
I don't know anyting that's not covered on the 3 yr warranty..
I thought the premium care policy was simply an extension of the original warranty..

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
What about the moon roof? I don’t see any details on that.
On my 2017 I had no idea that the moonroof slider was broken as I only do the "crack" position. I decided to do maintenance on the seals before trading it in and that's when I discovered it was broken! Brought it in for warranty repair and they fully covered it, I paid $0, and I had a 7yr plan with $100 deductible.

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
On my 2017 I had no idea that the moonroof slider was broken as I only do the "crack" position. I decided to do maintenance on the seals before trading it in and that's when I discovered it was broken! Brought it in for warranty repair and they fully covered it, I paid $0, and I had a 7yr plan with $100 deductible.
That's how it should be.

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Yes you get the rental. You’re paying for the ESP starting on first day of ownership. Many don’t realize that if you get a 6 year ESP and you trade the truck in at 3 years, you will only get a refund on the ESP for half the cost. It seems kind of like a ripoff because you’re coved by Fords bumper to bumper warranty during your first 3 years. I think the best thing to do if you decide to keep the truck longer than 36/36000 is to buy a warranty just before the factory warranty runs out. Waiting to get the warranty after 1 year costs $100 more.
woah woah, you can get a refund on unused ESP???

Rick1982

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, Accura MDX; '21 Platinum Powerboost
Does anyone have a general consensus if the prepaid maintenance plans are a good value? I'm sure it depends on what interval you would typically have your vehicle serviced. I guess not having had a Ford truck before I have no idea what to expect as far as cost for a typical oil change service with full synthetic. Any thoughts here?

DannyboyUpstate

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT Supercab 5.0L 6.5’ bed
My finance guy gave me the quotes for 7yr/100k and told me "this is a special deal since you are x-plan, normally they are this" and showed a higher number then a lower number. That lower "special" number was about 2x what Flood charges.

I showed him the whole printout I brought with all of Flood's rate tables. He said I should just buy that because their dealership would never let him sell that low. So just out of curiosity, he checked what FORD charges them (the dealer) for that 7yr/100k in the internal tool. It was HIGHER than what Flood is SELLING it for. He had no idea how they can do that unless Ford corporate is offering some kind of even lower amount to let that dealership do that.

So once I get my 42,000 points I will be snatching up the Flood premiumcare ESP and maintenance plans!

That's exactly what happened to me. I showed the guy my number from Flood and said do this and I'm in. He was flabbergasted. Said their cost was higher than the Flood sell-price. He just shrugged it off with no drama, but a bit bummed I have to pay the $2k-ish up front vs rolling it into my low interest loan. I've also got my points to burn on it anyhow.
Sponsored