First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I got 42k points when I bought the truck, then another 42k when I got my ESP (8/100k) so a total of 82k points now
I got 42k pts when I got my truck, but I got nothing when I got the extended warranty.
Sponsored

Codyde

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat 501a
I’ve got a bit of a weird one…

I picked up a 2021 F150 a little over a week ago. Today, I went to pick up an ESP from one of the awesome dealerships around here that are selling them - however I was told the prior owner still has an active ESP so they can’t sell me one.

Is it possible to cancel the prior owners attached plan? Or am I just ineligible now? I plan on reaching out to the dealership but I’d rather go in informed (because I trust you all more… lol).

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If the prior owner purchased it himself outside of his financing deal, then when he traded/sold the truck he is able to either transfer the warranty to the new owner, or he can be refunded the unused portion on a prorated basis.
I have done so myself a couple of times and received refunds within a few days of notifying Zeigler (where I had previously purchased)

I wonder if the previous owner is not aware? Seems like they could/would be notified by mail at least?
This can't possibly be the first time this situation has been faced by the ESP organization. Surely they have a procedure for addressing it?

TMCCOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX
I went ahead and purchased an 8yr/100k ESP from Ziegler this morning. Very easy to spends the money but I think worth the peace of mind as these trucks are so complex anymore and I keep vehicles for a long time.

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I went ahead and purchased an 8yr/100k ESP from Ziegler this morning. Very easy to spends the money but I think worth the peace of mind as these trucks are so complex anymore and I keep vehicles for a long time.
How much? I think I overpaid for mine at the Dealer and I am tempted to cancel and buy a different one for longer and more miles.

TMCCOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 STX
With $250 off for paying in full and using my $210 Ford pass points, it cost me $1,295.

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Couple of questions.

I understand that the extended service plan starts as of the purchase date. Does the deductible start at the purchase date or after the new truck 3 year warranty?

How do customer satisfaction programs and TSB’s work with extended warranty, that is, a deductible? My 2021 job 1 has spent many torturous hours and several visits having TSB’s done to get BlueCruise. Would have been even more upset if I had to pay deductibles on top of the aggravation.

Thanks

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Couple of questions.

I understand that the extended service plan starts as of the purchase date. Does the deductible start at the purchase date or after the new truck 3 year warranty?

How do customer satisfaction programs and TSB’s work with extended warranty, that is, a deductible? My 2021 job 1 has spent many torturous hours and several visits having TSB’s done to get BlueCruise. Would have been even more upset if I had to pay deductibles on top of the aggravation.

Thanks
It starts the day you pick your truck up and the deductible part starts after the 3year bumper to bumper.

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
For those who have sold their cars before the 3/36 factory warranty expired, about what % of the esp do you typically get refunded?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I purchased just before my 36/36 bumper-bumper was up on a previous truck. Then traded the truck about 1 year later (impulse) and it seems like I got back about $1600 of $2200?
It was something like that.
Whatever the math was it was based on pro-rated. So I suspect it would be different depending.

I didn't purchase ESP for the 2021 Powerboost because I quickly knew that I wanted to special order another exactly like I wanted. I did buy ESP on my new 2022 just because I wanted to support those that support the forum.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
For those who have sold their cars before the 3/36 factory warranty expired, about what % of the esp do you typically get refunded?
This was not on a Ford but my old Sierra that I purchased an ESP. Cancelling within the first 30 days was 100% refund. After that, the refund was prorated. The longer you went, the less you would get pretty much. I cancelled mine about 16 months after purchase and I got probably close to 75% back....so it depends.

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Guys, quick question: i binge read all 34 pages and I know in ~ page 10 there was mentions as to whether or not Moonroof was covered on the ESP, but no one answered. Is it the case that it is covered under the ESP for all the moonroof components?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Guys, quick question: i binge read all 34 pages and I know in ~ page 10 there was mentions as to whether or not Moonroof was covered on the ESP, but no one answered. Is it the case that it is covered under the ESP for all the moonroof components?
Note that with "PremiumCare":

5D. COVERED ITEMS - “PremiumCARE”
If You elected PremiumCARE, all Failures are covered EXCEPT for
those items excluded in the Provision titled: “WHAT IS NOT
COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT.”

In other words, the PremiumCare contract does not list what is covered, it lists what is not covered. Note too the definition of "Failure":

Failure means a cessation of normal mechanical or electrical​
functioning of the Vehicle components covered by this Agreement​
that arise from defects in materials or workmanship or caused by​
normal wear and tear covered by this Agreement​

With that understanding I did a word search of my PremiumCare contract ....
  • I get no hits on "moon" or "sun" (as in moonroof or sunroof; if it isn't mentioned it can't be excluded from PremiumCare coverage )
  • I get the following hits on the word "glass" in Provision 7. titled "WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT " (emphasis added):
p) Service adjustments and cleaning/lubricating procedures, fixed (non-moving) body parts, bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, side and rear view mirrors (glass and housing), rattles/squeaks/wind noise/odors/water leaks, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, fogging/moisture of lamp assemblies, weather strips, wheels, wheel studs, wheel covers, convertible top and bow, fabric, liners, fasteners, carpets, dash pad, knobs, trim, upholstery, physical damage or cosmetic issues;

Make of that what you will. Myself, and this is only my opinion, I would interpret that the mechanism of the moonroof is covered under the PremiumCare contract if it suffers a Failure but the glass itself is not.

Remember that the contract has a no-cost cancellation clause - you can cancel for full refund within 30 days of purchase (assuming you have made no claims), that's your time to study the contract in detail and opt-out without penalty if you don't like the terms you read. A careful read, not a "binge" read, is recommended.

Remember too that glass and/or leaks coverage relating to defects may be more extensive during your 36mo/36k miles Bumper-to-Bumper warranty when that sort of thing is most likely to manifest.

Last edited:

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
@Buyer2021 is right on the money there with that great post. IMO from is on the brochures, the glass is not covered from breakage (debatable) but the rest is covered. Of course that is if you have the moonroof Ford option and not something else (if they even do that 3rd party stuff anymore).
Sponsored