First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I bought my plan this morning. I took all the options and used my FordPass points towards it.

1656779141249.png
Did you buy it from your local dealer, or through Ziegler or Flood Ford?
Sponsored

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I bought it through Flood Ford.
Interesting. That price seems really high. That last 50K miles must really jack the price up.

sippy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 platinum
Yep...when you go over 100k miles...prices start to jump up. I drive about 15k a year...so looking at the 7/100 or the 8/125....big jump.

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Interesting. That price seems really high. That last 50K miles must really jack the price up.
It seemed cheap to me. My 2015 F150 needed 4WD hubs, Moonroof repair, Throttle Body replacement, and both exhaust manifolds replaced before 100K. All of these are "common" issues if you look through the forum. $3300 to cover all of this and up to 8 years or 125K miles with $0 out of pocket? Plus extended rental car coverage, key replacement, lighting... This is max coverage and I can bring it in anytime costing me $0, this is huge. I think it's a smoking deal. Your mileage may vary.

Sponsored

AussieSteveGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innov8.ag
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat Crew Cab
This thread rocks. Thought I was out of luck purchasing ESP, as my 2021 Powerboost is at 39k miles. Apparently there’s a grace period to 41k miles if under 36 months (shocked to receive an after hours email response) . Went with Flood and used FordPass points, +ApplePay/AppleCard to save 2%.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
It seemed cheap to me. My 2015 F150 needed 4WD hubs, Moonroof repair, Throttle Body replacement, and both exhaust manifolds replaced before 100K. All of these are "common" issues if you look through the forum. $3300 to cover all of this and up to 8 years or 125K miles with $0 out of pocket? Plus extended rental car coverage, key replacement, lighting... This is max coverage and I can bring it in anytime costing me $0, this is huge. I think it's a smoking deal. Your mileage may vary.
I couldn't agree more.

I got the Premium Care 7/70 for $1,800 and change, financed at 0%.
Unfortunately... I had to use it and man am I glad I got it! White Glove treatment, loaner (not a rental) for as long as I needed it, no questions asked and nothing out of pocket.

There's just way too much tech on these new trucks to NOT get an ESP.

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2008 F150
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
Is this in USD or CAD?

Thanks

fastcz5

First Name
Sachin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Quick question. Is there an advantage to buy the ESP at 1 week/500 miles vs close to 3 years/36K?? I checked the price on Flood ford and seems a difference of some ~$80-$100 if purchased now vs at 3 years.

Am i missing something?

Besides the chance of forgetting about it after 3 years 😂, and slightly increased cost I do like the flexibility of choosing it at 3 years, if not much benefit of buying now.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Quick question. Is there an advantage to buy the ESP at 1 week/500 miles vs close to 3 years/36K?? I checked the price on Flood ford and seems a difference of some ~$80-$100 if purchased now vs at 3 years.

Am i missing something?
The only 'missing' factor is basic inflation - the price of all plans has historically increased over time.

You can pull-out your crystal ball and time/value-of-money calculator and make your best guess for optimizing your 'deferred purchase value', financial and/or otherwise ;)

Note, too, that depending on the ESP plan and options you select there may be benefits available during and above/beyond those provided during the term of your vehicle's '3/36 B-to-B' warranty period; e.g. key/fob loss or damage replacement, rental car coverages, etc, which may or may not have value for you.

TIP: Granger Ford in Granger, Iowa has joined the competitive Ford ESP market along with Flood and Ziegler; they don't have an ESP website set up as of this date [edit - I gladly stand corrected, see post below!] but consider giving them a shot at your business after getting quotes from the others, you just might save a few more bucks. IME Granger is a great bunch of folks to deal with and they recently undercut Flood on an ESP (who I've had good dealings with in the past). (y)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited

Am i missing something?

Besides the chance of forgetting about it after 3 years 😂, and slightly increased cost I do like the flexibility of choosing it at 3 years, if not much benefit of buying now.
One thing if you get the ESP now, when your truck goes in for repair and you have the Enhanced/first day rental on the ESP plan they Have to give you a loaner car, without the ESP and just normal warranty, they dont have to give you anything!

fastcz5

First Name
Sachin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
One thing if you get the ESP now, when your truck goes in for repair and you have the Enhanced/first day rental on the ESP plan they Have to give you a loaner car, without the ESP and just normal warranty, they dont have to give you anything!
Thanks for the response and explanation. I will think about it and decide soon.

FYI - After knowing about Granger from this forum, I bought my truck from Granger, and if and when I buy the ESP, it will be from Granger. One of the most genuine dealership owner (Zach), i have experienced so far

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Got my truck from Granger last summer and didn't buy ESP until just before the price increase in January, at the time Granger wasn't selling the Ford ESP otherwise I would've bought it from them.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
yes and no. We have a few dealers in our area that will not offer a loaner or rental, ESP or not. I called Ford to complain when I had my truck in for work and they said dealers do not have to honor it and if so, I'd have to rent myself and then request reimbursement from them. For a one day service, it wasn't worth the hassle and I have extra vehicles in the garage.
Sponsored