Sponsored

Extended Service Plans ESPs

Deepfork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Explorer
The hybrid/electrical is covered for 8 years/100,000 miles under the Ford New Vehicle Warranty.
Maybe I'm missing something here but if a hybrid like the PowerBoost is covered for 8 years/100,000 miles, why would anyone purchase an ESP?
Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
There is a whole lot to a powerboost (or any new truck really) that can go wrong. I custom ordered a 2021 Lariat powerboost FX4 7.2KW with virtually 99% of available options. The 8 yrs part is specifically for the battery life. I bought a plan from Ziegler, paid up front on cash back Citi Costco card. For $2,130, I have 8 yrs, 100,000 miles, "Zero" deductible, all lighting assemblies and bulbs, and first day rental car. Because this Ford Premium Care is transferable to another owner, this truck will be easy sell for top money. Too much technology to not buy the policy when it is this cheap. If I have a problem that requires repeat visits, the dealer can't bombard me with deductibles and I have a covered rental car.

Deepfork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Explorer
There is a whole lot to a powerboost (or any new truck really) that can go wrong. I custom ordered a 2021 Lariat powerboost FX4 7.2KW with virtually 99% of available options. The 8 yrs part is specifically for the battery life. I bought a plan from Ziegler, paid up front on cash back Citi Costco card. For $2,130, I have 8 yrs, 100,000 miles, "Zero" deductible, all lighting assemblies and bulbs, and first day rental car. Because this Ford Premium Care is transferable to another owner, this truck will be easy sell for top money. Too much technology to not buy the policy when it is this cheap. If I have a problem that requires repeat visits, the dealer can't bombard me with deductibles and I have a covered rental car.
Thanks for your response. So the 8 years is just for the Battery/Hybrid parts. Got it!

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
As I’ve posted before…

After I insisted on the Premium Ford ESP my dealer made a good point worth repeating here…

“With all these parts shortages, you never know WHO they’re getting parts from”.

The supplier who made that sensor, computer module or microchip last year, isn’t necessarily the one who made it THIS year.

Ford ISN’T shutting down their production line until some vendor gets all their employees back to work, vaccinated and tested. They’re NOT waiting for those vendors to get their raw materials off of the cargo ship stuck floating off of Long Beach.

I’m SURE they’re doing the best they can to maintain quality control but we have to be realistic.

YOU are DEMANDING your new truck!

You have put money down, committed to THOUSANDS of dollars more.

Ford will get their parts from WHOMEVER they can and we have to accept the reality of 2021/2022.

PROTECT YOURSELF!

Get a ESP. Whatever ESP you are comfortable with but GET IT!

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
Thanks to this thread, I was able to pick up an ESP plan from Ziegler today.

8 years, 100000 miles, 0 deductible with discount code PAYINFULL for $2010.

Coming from owning Toyotas my whole life, I did not know there were manufacturer backed extended warranties and that there were legitimate online sellers such as Ziegler. I also did not know there were going to be price increases on January 5th so I am grateful to everyone here for educating me. I think I am the only one on this forum with halogen lights so I did not opt for that coverage, but it is a no brainer if you have LEDs.

Sponsored

houstongoose

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost FX4
Occupation
Analyst
Newb question - will a leveling kit (coilover) void an extended warranty?

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Thanks to this thread, I was able to pick up an ESP plan from Ziegler today.

8 years, 100000 miles, 0 deductible with discount code PAYINFULL for $2010.

Coming from owning Toyotas my whole life, I did not know there were manufacturer backed extended warranties and that there were legitimate online sellers such as Ziegler. I also did not know there were going to be price increases on January 5th so I am grateful to everyone here for educating me. I think I am the only one on this forum with halogen lights so I did not opt for that coverage, but it is a no brainer if you have LEDs.
How much does the price increase if you increase the mileage to say 125K or 150k. I’ll power through 100k in under 6 years easy.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I’m curious about this too.

And what about a Ford Performance upgrade like a whipple? Asking for a friend.

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
I have seen some of this mentioned during various threads and thought it would be a good idea to centralize it in one place.

Online Ford extended service plans are much cheaper purchasing through an online Ford ESP seller. They sell tons of plans and save you tons on the price. I am listing several I have found that are close in price but there is difference. They are selling the same Ford backed plan, good at any Ford dealer.

I will tell you, it is cheaper to start the plan the first year with less than 12,000 miles.

You can purchase these right up till the end of the bumper to bumper warranty. 3 years 36,000 miles which ever comes first.

They offer options of various years, mileage and deductibles.

They also offer two enhanced car rental services, bulb replacement and key options. With LEDs and their expense, I get it and both car rental options. Both are cheap for the time period they are covering me, like $70 for the 6 year plan that I get.

All rebate back unused portions not used anytime you want. They are transferable so a good selling tool if you ever do that.

These plans start day one of the trucks service date. So a 2021 with a 6 year plan, expires in 2027.

https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/
https://www.floodfordesp.com/

I have used Flood and service was excellent but currently after pricing these on line to compare, Zeigler was the cheapest for me but you have to pay in full up front. I did not see that discount at Flood. In the coupon box type payinfull and it will save you something like $250 off. Without that, Flood was cheaper, I believe Anderson was the same as Flood.

Anyway just another tool for ya'll to consider and if you want one, here is way to save a good bit of money.

If anyone knows of others, feel free to post it here.

Update... Ford ESP plan had price increased starting early Jan 2021

I would suggest you give your dealer the option to price match. Watch their faces when you tell them what you can get it for.

It's priceless!!

1605836128701.png

Admin-I may have started this thread in the wrong spot. Move if it you need to. thanks
Thank you for this!

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I’m curious about this too.

And what about a Ford Performance upgrade like a whipple? Asking for a friend.
An upgrade like this should be done after the 3/36K and ESP warranties have expired.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
It’s kind of touch and go and it really depends on the actual Ford dealer.

A leveling / coilover kit might even void part of the 3/36K
warranty.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Maybe I'm missing something here but if a hybrid like the PowerBoost is covered for 8 years/100,000 miles, why would anyone purchase an ESP?
The 8 years/100k miles is only on the hybrid specific components, maybe even only the battery.

Tsuga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt
I wish ESP prices in Canada are close to what you can get in the US. I paid 2700 US for an extra 3 years 36k miles on my last Explorer.
Sponsored