First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Read through the plan and you will see, rental starts anytime you bring your truck in for warranty coverage. I have used it before in the past on the first year of ownership. First day rental is an option to the EXP that you have to pay a little extra for.

Not everything you hear from your dealer is 100% true. Call Flood or one of the other sellers and verify if you need more info. Would be fun to see your dealers face.

First Day Rental
Add First-Day Rental Benefits for Convenience​
  • Anytime you bring your vehicle in for a warranty related item you will immediately receive a rental. A regular ESP only gives you a rental when your repair will be done overnight.
  • Assurance of immediate transportation–especially important if out of town.
  • Convenience for pennies a day.
  • Transportation for warranty covered component repairs or recalls.
  • Pays up to $30 per day($36 for Lincoln vehicles)
Sponsored

Last edited:

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Read through the plan and you will see, rental starts anytime you bring your truck in for warranty coverage. I have used it before in the past on the first year of ownership. First day rental is an option to the EXP that you have to pay a little extra for.

Not everything you hear from your dealer is 100% true. Call Flood or one of the other sellers and verify if you need more info. Would be fun to see your dealers face.

First Day Rental
  • Anytime you bring your vehicle in for a warranty related item you will immediately receive a rental. A regular ESP only gives you a rental when your repair will be done overnight.
That's great unless the dealer is a jerk and doesn't care. I could call around other dealers, but I would like to get this dealt with tomorrow since I have the appointment. I'll definitely shop around for any future service needs since we have five or something Ford dealers in the area. I paid for first day and enhanced rental and the service writer said to kick rocks.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB

First Day Rental
I just called Ford Protect (number below from contract) and they said I have three options... 1) rent a vehicle on my own dime and submit reimbursement 2) find another dealer that provides loaners/rentals or 3) get no loaner/rental and either wait or drop off.

Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs 1640732123789

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
I just called Ford Protect (number below from contract) and they said I have three options... 1) rent a vehicle on my own dime and submit reimbursement 2) find another dealer that provides loaners/rentals or 3) get no loaner/rental and either wait or drop off.

1640732123789.png
Well, I guess option 1 is a better answer than being told you're hosed. I don't mind submitting for reimbursement- the Lord knows I've done many travel claims when I was active duty and as a federal civilian employee!

I still wonder how the other options and deductibles (for those who have one) work during the original 3yr/36K warranty. Up to the dealership?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

1640732123789.png
Yeah, sounds like they don't have many rentals and none available. I would be looking for a better dealer for sure. I would just rent a car if you need one. You could call the Ford ESP customer service and ask them what they recommend.

If I have an appointment, like when they did the windshield recall, I told them I would need a rental and they set my appointment up for when they had one available. Was no issue at all

Good luck

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Your dealer tried to sell you a similar ESP plan for $10K when you purchased your truck?

Wow.
Yeah - I mean the way they presented it is here is the top notch option it may have been 10 years instead of 8 and it was something like $10k. He then was like here was what I usually recommend and it was a third party warranty of 2 years for non power train to bring non power train in line with powertrain for something like $3k. I said no to both (I usually don’t do extended warranties period), but $1500 for an extra 5 years on the total coverage seemed worth it especially on Lariat 502A trim, so this finally sold me!

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I just double-checked the PremiumCare 8-year/100K miles ESP pricing for when I take delivery of my truck in PA. The difference between a 0 deductible plan and a $200 deductible plan is $615. It's my understanding these plans kick-in on Day 1. If that's the case, three trips to the dealer for any warranty or repair issue will practically cancel out the cost savings of a $200 deductible plan - and I believe you have to pay even if they can't replicate or repair the issue. Fourth trip in for any warranty or repair issue would put me out of pocket. I figure the odds are pretty good that I'll have at least four warranty or repair issues in eight years or 100,000 miles. I'm going for the 0 deductible.
Yeah my vehicle was over 12k miles which made it a bit more expensive and it was roughly $1500 for $200 deductible or $2100 for $0 deductible so similar $600 difference. At the end of the day it’s a few hundred dollars either way and as someone who just tends to be warranty/insurance adverse (economist background) I just minimized the premium. Maybe it will come back to bite me but I’m more concerned about potential big repairs than a few hundred here or there.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Dropped off at 9am this morning. Just picked back up at 2pm today. TSB completed. Will research other dealers next time an issue occurs.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
I’ll be purchasing the Ford ESP from whichever of the preferrred sites is cheapest when I take delivery next year (ordered 12/24).

For you Granger guys out there …

Anyone have success of them matching the online prices in the finance office to add at least a few bucks to their margin? They have been really cool during the order process, and if they can match, would prefer that they make the $$

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I’ll be purchasing the Ford ESP from whichever of the preferrred sites is cheapest when I take delivery next year (ordered 12/24).

Anyone have success of them matching the online prices in the finance office to add at least a few bucks to their margin? They have been really cool during the order process, and if they can match, would prefer that they make the $$
I think they offer a different non-Ford plan. But I also think they recently decided to offer the Ford ESP to the Bronco forum members.

Edit:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nuary-alloction-ford-esp-offering-more.31581/

Sponsored

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW

No, no success, they don't sell any Ford plan. And Yes, they do try to add few bucks with their own plan. They sold me (well, it was "already prepared" with the rest of the paperwork) an ESP coverage through EVP something, can't remember the exact name [EDIT: EG Assurance, ETHOS Group), they don't use Ziegler or the other plans. It was ~ $2200 for 6 years/100K and $100 deductible. I took it because it was rolled into my financing and I had 30 days to cancel for full refund.
The Ziegler plan that I bought was cheaper and I got more (8/100K/Zero Deuct/Lights/1st Day Rental).
Now read this: I already cancelled it, a week after taking delivery. What they failed to mention is that while it is fully cancelable within 30 days, if you roll the plan into your finance with Ford Credit, you don't actually get your $2200 (or whatever your cost is) back to your pocket because it is part of the loan. The refund will be applied towards your principal, so say your have 60 months loan, this will actually cut the length of your loan because the loan terms cannot be changed. In my case it cut it from 60 to around 57. Not a big deal, tbh, just annoying that it was not mentioned because I might skip that plan altogether since I had my mind already set on the Ford options anyways.

Last edited:

DSpyV

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 screw 5.0 STX
Occupation
Radiology
I’m actually going with Geico full coverage warranty this time around. $6.65 a month, 7 years 100k, $250 deductible. Kicker here is your allowed to use the rental car policy, which will cover me for two weeks if something major happens or I have some delays with parts.

The main reason I chose is because the sales guy said it was a good option to look into and that Geico is so big they rarely decline claims.

Fingers crossed… plan on having my truck for 25k a year… 4 years which comes out to be $319.25 for the 4 years!

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m actually going with Geico full coverage warranty this time around. $6.65 a month, 7 years 100k, $250 deductible. Kicker here is your allowed to use the rental car policy, which will cover me for two weeks if something major happens or I have some delays with parts.

The main reason I chose is because the sales guy said it was a good option to look into and that Geico is so big they rarely decline claims.

Fingers crossed… plan on having my truck for 25k a year… 4 years which comes out to be $319.25 for the 4 years!
Good luck with that plan

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Don't we have a Ford bumper to bumper warranty for at least 3yrs/36k miles?
Sponsored