First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Does anyone else get this on the Ford ESP site. I purchased the truck 2 months ago.
B3CDDC6A-0BAF-479D-8871-A38305F96460.png
What year is your vehicle? Is it still under factory warranty?
Sponsored

GlassSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales Director
Good Morning!

I'm considering the ESP, $1440 for 8 yr/100k miles is not a terrible price. I think it was higher a the dealership.

I'm curious about maintenance costs. I got a quote for 8 yr/100k of maintenance for $2845.

MY question is, how much is maintenance each time I take the truck in for an oil change. What else is included in this?

Thanks!

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes. It is a 2021, purchased new on 6/28/21.
No reason for it not to work unless you entered some info wrong or something, not sure why. I had no issues any time I priced one out. Which site are you using?

Sponsored

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4
I apologize if this has been covered. I have read through all the posts, but it was over a couple days and I don't recall it being mentioned. I have never gotten an ESP and would have used it only once I think in 50+ years of driving. But, I am a bit anxious about the LEDs and all the computer modules, so, you guys are talking me into it. My question is: if anything is changed on the vehicle with Forscan will that void the extended or even the original warranty?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I apologize if this has been covered. I have read through all the posts, but it was over a couple days and I don't recall it being mentioned. I have never gotten an ESP and would have used it only once I think in 50+ years of driving. But, I am a bit anxious about the LEDs and all the computer modules, so, you guys are talking me into it. My question is: if anything is changed on the vehicle with Forscan will that void the extended or even the original warranty?
They can if they what was changed could have contributed to the issue. If they are a dick they can even if it didn't. It would be hard to prove either way so I don't do engine modes or put tunes in my vehicles if I have warranty left on it. I won't own a current vehicle without warranty so I just don't mess with any like that.

Minor things like warning chimes or horn honks, things like that, they probably wouldn't even detect but I just play it safe.

I read where the rear break lights with the sonar detectors are around $800 each. My ESP plan was $805 for 6 years and 48,000 miles with car rental. I can't imagine what one of the computer modules run and there are more than one in these things.

I'm pretty sure I won't keep my truck for 6 years because at 65 I never have kept one that long. I'm trying to do better but figure I can cancel and get the unused portion back (which I have done in the past) and if I sell the vehicle myself, it is transferable which is a very good selling tool.

Last edited:

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4
They can if they what was changed could have contributed to the issue. If they are a dick they can even if it didn't. It would be hard to prove either way so I don't do engine modes or put tunes in my vehicles if I have warranty left on it. I won't own a current vehicle without warranty so I just don't mess with any like that.

Minor things like warning chimes or horn honks, things like that, they probably wouldn't even detect but I just play it safe.

I read where the rear break lights with the sonar detectors are around $800 each. My ESP plan was $805 for 6 years and 48,000 miles with car rental. I can't imagine what one of the computer modules run and there are more than one in these things.

I'm pretty sure I won't keep my truck for 6 years because at 65 I never have kept one that long. I'm trying to do better but figure I can cancel and get the unused portion back (which I have done in the past) and if I sell the vehicle myself, it is transferable which is a very good selling tool.
Thanks for getting back. I wouldn’t do anything to wild, bambi and temps on gauges are the only two. But, I can live without them.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
May want to check the fine print, but I swear they told me LEDs weren’t covered under Premium Care.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
OK, so since I really do have a lot of experience in the FORD ESP area, I went and found the Ford Premium Care ESP brochure.

If you have a 2021 F-150, they have a new “OEM Lighting Coverage” that has to be purchased separately. Otherwise the LEDs lamps and housings will not be covered if they fail.

I have attached the PDF document for viewing. I encourage anyone purchasing this plan to memorize this pamphlet and then later, read the FULL fine print on the warranty policy contract. There are things not covered under premium care, which are covered under the 36k bumper to bumper warranty.

So please don’t think premium care is the same as the bumper to bumper warranty. Because it is NOT the same.

Attachments

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Here is how Ford lists the exclusions for the premium care warranty. I have also included an excerpt showing the additional lighting coverage** which takes care of the Housings and LEDs.

But again, there is an actual warranty policy that you have to sign before coverage is activated. This will include a much more detailed list of exclusions, and you should make sure you know your policy before getting upset with the service department and/or Ford.

Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs 03230337-CAC8-4D80-AE62-F2542B285C6F
Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs E4AD5CBA-C5E3-4F8A-8075-C93794584288
Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs 9686D215-B86C-4550-BE1A-736FE653052A
Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs 4058343E-F4F4-4B04-B300-72939250AD66

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
So just to clarify... if a HVAC knob fails to adjust the temperature or the wiper stalk doesn't engage the wipers or a power mirror stops functioning or a shock absorber leaks, they don't cover them.... wow.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
The biggest thing to watch out for are dealers trying to slip in a non-Ford warranty like TWS or another aftermarket company, so watch the paperwork very carefully!!!
My dealer (they own 5-6 dealers in town covering almost every major brand) tried to sell me their own ESP (as in their dealers brand only good at their service depts)….yikes… for 6k… YIKES!!!.

I presented them with a flood ford quote and asked if they could get within a couple hundred of it. They said just buy from them as they couldn’t touch that deal.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
My dealer (they own 5-6 dealers in town covering almost every major brand) tried to sell me their own ESP (as in their dealers brand only good at their service depts)….yikes… for 6k… YIKES!!!.

I presented them with a flood ford quote and asked if they could get within a couple hundred of it. They said just buy from them as they couldn’t touch that deal.
not couldn't, wouldn't.... they could if they wanted... Flood isn't losing $

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Cosmetic things aren’t really covered often during ESP coverage.

Trust me, I have went round and round with Ford for the past 20 years.

Most times it comes down to some person saying something isn’t covered, but in reality it is, and there is a warranty policy that states everything.

I’m an adjuster, and most complaints I have received were simply because the customer never read their insurance policy and didn’t know what should or shouldn’t be covered.
Sponsored