First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
I tried going on there with my social and last name but I need an account number. It says "can be found on your invoice" but I do not have a first statement. And the financial paperwork from the dealer doesn't indicate any sort of account number.

Back on the topic of the thread: I went online to get the extended warranty from Flood since my dealer couldn't match it. Was so easy to pay in full online! As I wanted to also add a maintenance plan, it says to call them to add it, and I figured I would use my FordPass points on that.

Made one call, guy says sure we can add it. I said and I want to use my points. He says sure how many and I said as much as possible!! He said use same credit card I said yes! Whole phone call was <3 minutes. I had 47k points and used all to get $235 off. My contracts are in email and populated on Fordpass within a few days. SO EASY!
Do other dealers accept the maintenance plan that was purchased thru this dealer?
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Do other dealers accept the maintenance plan that was purchased thru this dealer?
Ford ESP warranties are valid anywhere, one of the big pluses of them in my opinion. Doesn't matter where you got it from, your coverage is from Ford itself and will be valid at any dealer in the country.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I've never bought extended warranties in my life, basically self insure, and always keep cars 10+ years. But I've also never owned a Ford. Just thinking with the 12" screen, turbos, hybrid, towing components, all the other electronics, etc. it may or may not be worth it to have full coverage for approx 8yr/100mi ($100 deductable) for $1,700. I guess if nothing goes wrong in that time, then it was basically "$200 annual insurance" and the truck was reliable as all my Hondas and Subarus have been and that'd be great. If I ended up using part or all of it, whether the repairs would have been $0, $500, or $5000, then the peace of mind knowing not to sweat about out of pocket is there. Since I just ordered, I probably have three months to think about it, but I am leaning towards it this time. ymmv :)

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB

Sponsored

Goldwing Guy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It's a app for your smartphone to collect points on Ford parts, service, and vehicle purchases that can be exchanged for parts and service. It also allows you to see details on your vehicle and remote start, etc. https://owner.ford.com/fordpass.html
Ok great, I don’t have my truck yet so no fordpass on phone. I guess I will get it when my truck comes in. Thanks for the info.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Ok great, I don’t have my truck yet so no fordpass on phone. I guess I will get it when my truck comes in. Thanks for the info.
I already installed it on mine and just ordered a truck so it is ready to input details, etc. when appropriate.

Reactions: sbi
OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I've never bought extended warranties in my life, basically self insure, and always keep cars 10+ years. But I've also never owned a Ford. Just thinking with the 12" screen, turbos, hybrid, towing components, all the other electronics, etc. it may or may not be worth it to have full coverage for approx 8yr/100mi ($100 deductable) for $1,700. I guess if nothing goes wrong in that time, then it was basically "$200 annual insurance" and the truck was reliable as all my Hondas and Subarus have been and that'd be great. If I ended up using part or all of it, whether the repairs would have been $0, $500, or $5000, then the peace of mind knowing not to sweat about out of pocket is there. Since I just ordered, I probably have three months to think about it, but I am leaning towards it this time. ymmv :)
my thoughts exactly, was a much easier decision for me for I don't put that many miles per year and purchased just before the Jan price increase. Mine was just $805 and I added the day 1 car rental, rental upgrade, and bulb replacement. No brainier

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
@ UGADawg96 -

Same here!

I’d never purchased an extended warranty on anything, knowing that there are typically huge markups on them. But in this case, with all the new tech on this truck, I bought the 8/100,000 policy too. (I was even able to negotiate the price down because of the price offered by Flood Ford.)

Important for you to know -
From the date of purchase (not order) you have a full year to purchase an extended warranty from Ford at the price quoted.

Oh - and my last vehicle (Explorer) was 14 years old.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
@ UGADawg96 -

Same here!

I’d never purchased an extended warranty on anything, knowing that there are typically huge markups on them. But in this case, with all the new tech on this truck, I bought the 8/100,000 policy too. (I was even able to negotiate the price down because of the price offered by Flood Ford.)

Important for you to know -
From the date of purchase (not order) you have a full year to purchase an extended warranty from Ford at the price quoted.

Oh - and my last vehicle (Explorer) was 14 years old.
Living in FL, can't order online from Flood unfortunately. But with Tom at Chapman in PA, where I placed my order, is pretty much at the same price as Flood if I add it at time of delivery. So I think I'd roll it up at that time.

Sponsored

PFD664

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Crew 502a Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
When it comes to an extended warranty, I'm not really worried about the powertrain so much as I am the technology, that is the expensive stuff likely to go out.

Kit

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Hybrid PB
Occupation
Marine
Can anyone post how much they've actually paid for an oil change and tire rotation (and other normal mx @ a 5-10K mile servicing) if they don't have the Ford Mx contract?

Trying to see how much else I need to squeeze out of the maintenance contract to make it worthwhile.

Also, comments about full synthetic vs what would otherwise be included? Dealership said they use conventional. Would assume preferred would be full synthetic for the life of the car.

Appreciate the feedback and posts so far! Thanks in advance.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Can anyone post how much they've actually paid for an oil change and tire rotation (and other normal mx @ a 5-10K mile servicing) if they don't have the Ford Mx contract?

Trying to see how much else I need to squeeze out of the maintenance contract to make it worthwhile.

Also, comments about full synthetic vs what would otherwise be included? Dealership said they use conventional. Would assume preferred would be full synthetic for the life of the car.

For a little while now Ford has been using a synthetic blend for many of their cars. I always used full synthetic on my 2015, but if you have it done at the dealer, they'll usually do the OEM recommendation which is the Motorcraft synthetic blend. I think I might just stick with that on my new truck when it comes time, they sell the Motorcrat filters and oil right at Walmart.

Reactions: Kit

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Also in camp never have bought an ESP before. have owned plenty of Fords and they have always treated me well and I have never had one last me fewer than 200k miles.

However this is year one of a redesign and this truck has exponentially more tech in it than any vehicle I have ever owned so to me the extra insurance is good peace of mind, even if I end up never using it. Finally I really like the idea of always having a replacement vehicle available (first day rental) if I ever do need to have something worked on.

So it’s an extra 1,700… I realize it’s not necessary and an extra luxury not having to worry about being inconvenienced by a service issue, but, it’s basically a luxury vehicle so I’m going for the whole experience.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

Had my 2018 serviced last year with full synthetic, tire rotation and they treated all the rubber door seals for $80, I only use full synthetic oil. Thought I would try the dealer service one time and after that I stated doing it myself again. I'm cheap I guess...
Sponsored