• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
This will without a doubt be a disappointment for value-minded F-150 Lightning buyers, but I guess that's why the XLT is there.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
This will without a doubt be a disappointment for value-minded F-150 Lightning buyers, but I guess that's why the XLT is there.
It's just silly toe that this feature is missing from the 'Pro' trim which is specifically marketed as the work/commercial trim. I would think that a higher percentage of those customers would actually use this feature on a daily basis.

OP
OP

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Looking at the differences between Pro and XLT, I'm beginning to lean toward Pro for myself. I might spring for 360-degree camera, but most of the lifestyle truck features are of little use to me. I was already ruling out the extended range battery.
Yeah, it's clear that they drastically slashed the price of the Pro, probably to beat the Cybertruck's price.

Because there's *normally* (for gas trucks) only about a $3,000 difference between XL and XLT.

Now, there's a $13,000 difference between Pro and XLT. The XLT is very competitive with the gas versions... cheaper than a Powerboost after tax credit... BUT the Pro is just a bonkers deal. It blows the gas XL out of the water. A 4x4 Powerboost Supercrew XL is like $48k. The SR Pro is $32,500 after tax credit. Insane.

However, that makes a huge chasm between Pro and XLT, $13,000, that just can't be justified by the upgrades you get with XLT. XLT is a great deal compared to gas F-150s. Pro just obliterates the gas XL, though. It's $16000 cheaper than a comparable XL... or still $6k cheaper with the big battery.

This isn't to say that no one should buy an XLT (or up from there). It's just to say, if someone can live with the basic Pro, it's by FAR the best value.

Mathmatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 runner
Same situation in Canada? I just see the pro on the fleet page.

Coopdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Toyota Tundra
Dang Pro XR was my order. This makes it to where 62k is the cheapest way to the XR. Maybe there will be a round about way to order one.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Dang Pro XR was my order. This makes it to where 62k is the cheapest way to the XR. Maybe there will be a round about way to order one.
Talk to your dealer about setting up a fleet of 1. Apparently, it's not uncommon. BUT, I'm wondering if Ford will be paying a little more attention this time vs when someone just wants a really stripped down F250 or something.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
I clicked through the ways to set it up on fleet.Ford.com and found it to be very much locked up tight.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Talk to your dealer about setting up a fleet of 1. Apparently, it's not uncommon. BUT, I'm wondering if Ford will be paying a little more attention this time vs when someone just wants a really stripped down F250 or something.
Ford says this on the Lightning Pro page:
2022 F-150 LIGHTNING PRO ORDERING OPENS SOON
Register to be notified when 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro ordering opens. The volumes you indicate will be leveraged to guide the Ford Motor Company vehicle allocation process.

ericjtsang

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat SR, LC500
Yeah, it's clear that they drastically slashed the price of the Pro, probably to beat the Cybertruck's price.

Because there's *normally* (for gas trucks) only about a $3,000 difference between XL and XLT.

Now, there's a $13,000 difference between Pro and XLT. The XLT is very competitive with the gas versions... cheaper than a Powerboost after tax credit... BUT the Pro is just a bonkers deal. It blows the gas XL out of the water. A 4x4 Powerboost Supercrew XL is like $48k. The SR Pro is $32,500 after tax credit. Insane.

However, that makes a huge chasm between Pro and XLT, $13,000, that just can't be justified by the upgrades you get with XLT. XLT is a great deal compared to gas F-150s. Pro just obliterates the gas XL, though. It's $16000 cheaper than a comparable XL... or still $6k cheaper with the big battery.

This isn't to say that no one should buy an XLT (or up from there). It's just to say, if someone can live with the basic Pro, it's by FAR the best value.
This is what i gathered looking at what was standard and optional on the Pro vs the XLT. Im sure getting the XLT opens up the options list, but the price differential is so huge, that if you just want a simple truck, the Pro offers so much value compared to even a gas XL.
Sponsored