Sponsored

Extang Trifecta 2.0 opinions

Vspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB SC LWB
In a never ending quest for a tonneau cover, it looks like Extang Trifecta 2.0 fits the bill for me:
  • Simple to install / easy to remove - I want to easily haul my dirt bike
  • No extra rails left when removed
  • Affordable
I understand the limitation of a "fabric" cover regarding security of what is stored in the bed, my main concern is to hide cargo from prying eyes. The Extang Encore Tonno looks real nice with the ability to open from both ends but when looking at prices in CAD ?

Anyone has good things or bad things to say about the Extang Trifecta 2.0?
Sponsored

chrisp993

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum, '15 Audi S4, Spec Iron Mustang
I had the Trifecta on my 2016 F150 - lasted for 5 years / 174k miles just fine with exception of developing a small crack at one of the hinge points in the last year - not enough to let water in and easily covered by some tape. I chose the Trifecta ALX for my new 2021 - extra $50 but much easier to open one-handed and can close by just dropping the cover even if the tailgate is up.

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
I have the trifecta on my 05, been on there about 10 years now, and I love it. Just this season it has gotten a crack at the rear hinge point, haven't called about it yet tho. It is super easy to open, close, and removal takes only a couple min. I'm going to get one for my 21 lariat if it ever gets here.

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4
The trifecta is a great cover for what it is, and you nailed it in your post. If that meets what you are looking for i think that cover is a great choice.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
In a never ending quest for a tonneau cover, it looks like Extang Trifecta 2.0 fits the bill for me:
  • Affordable
I understand the limitation of a "fabric" cover regarding security of what is stored in the bed, my main concern is to hide cargo from prying eyes. The Extang Encore Tonno looks real nice with the ability to open from both ends but when looking at prices in CAD ?

Reviving this post because I'm looking for a bed cover but also want to haul dirt bikes often. I watched the install video and understand how it's made and get that you completely remove the cover when transporting bikes. Did you find any other options that can remain on the truck but still allow a front tire to tuck under it and straps from the tiedowns to the bars at the front of the bed? I think I'd prefer a hard folding cover (for twice the price), but not sure if any of them tuck away enough to slam bikes against the front of the bed.

The trifecta is a great cover for what it is, and you nailed it in your post. If that meets what you are looking for i think that cover is a great choice.
Any suggestions or experience with bed covers and dirt bikes?

Would something like this work? https://extang.com/xceed/2021/ford/f-150

Or would I need something like this mounted behind the folded cover? Then I'd lose that much space I guess... https://ccrsport.com/ccr-sport-bed-...j8AkMRBZmeNhh4MDTH-W4KBtZXC9OsixoC1rgQAvD_BwE

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vspec

Vspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB SC LWB
Still happy with the Extang Trifecta 2.0. I did not see anything that could tuck a front wheel under. I also did not want anything resting agains the back of cab / window.

Taking it off takes about 3min and same to re-install it. When I haul the TE300i, I just take the cover off.

The Xceed *could* work but I would be afraid that those little rods wont survive the pressure from the wind pushing on the panel at speed.

The bed buddy is nice but having a long bed, I can just put the bike sideways if I need the tailgate up.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Still happy with the Extang Trifecta 2.0. I did not see anything that could tuck a front wheel under. I also did not want anything resting agains the back of cab / window.

Taking it off takes about 3min and same to re-install it. When I haul the TE300i, I just take the cover off.

The Xceed *could* work but I would be afraid that those little rods wont survive the pressure from the wind pushing on the panel at speed.

The bed buddy is nice but having a long bed, I can just put the bike sideways if I need the tailgate up.
Cool, Thanks. I went ahead and splurged on a BAK Revolver X4s https://bakindustries.com/revolver-x4s/2021/ford/f-150

Seems easy to remove completely on moto days, just like the Trifecta you have. I also needed the 6.5' bed for moto hauling.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
  • Affordable

Get the trifecta 2.0 signature.
This is a canvas type contertible top material rather than cheap looking vinyl. I have this curently on my 2019 Ranger. Still looks brand new and does not sag like vinyl.

This is my favorite tonneu i have owned, and i have had like 20 different types and models.

OP
OP
Vspec

Vspec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB SC LWB
Get the trifecta 2.0 signature.
This is a canvas type contertible top material rather than cheap looking vinyl. I have this curently on my 2019 Ranger. Still looks brand new and does not sag like vinyl.

This is my favorite tonneu i have owned, and i have had like 20 different types and models.

Been running the regular 2.0 and am quite satisfied. It seems to be surviving winter just fine. If I ever need to replace it, I'll look into the signature.
Sponsored