Sponsored

Experience with using Ford Protect/ESP extended warranty plans?

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
I'm currently limping my 106K mile 2015 F150 along with warped leaking exhaust manifolds, oil leaking turbo, non functioning deployable side steps, broken moonroof, and 4WD hub issues. I've already replaced the throttle body, 4WD hubs, and assorted other dumb stuff that has broken over the years. I've spent way more than $4000 just keeping it on the road without fixing all the stuff mentioned above.

My 2022 PowerBoost is supposedly being built this Saturday and I'm thinking of going all in with a $0 Deductible, 8 year, 150K mile plan this time around. Flood/Ziegler is around $4505 with lighting and key add on. I'm thinking of the $0 deductible so I don't get dinged $100-$200 every time I bring it in, which based on my current F150, would be many times if I brought it to the dealer for everything that has broken on it in the last 4 years or so.

In your experience, would this plan have allowed all of this stuff to get fixed under warranty with $0 out of pocket and no dealer BS? Most importantly, I like knowing that regardless of what happens, my out of pocket expenses for the next 8 years for non maintenance related items should be capped and covered by Ford. I plan to leave the truck 100% stock and just drive it. Do you find that Ford will actually cover small and large repair items or are they going to give me a hard time about it? I'd love to keep this truck 150K miles and beyond if it proves to be somewhat reliable.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
there are any dealers search GOOGLE for ford esp plans
most will beat your dealer by 1/2
i think granger adverts here, check ziegler ford as well
i got my 7 ys 100k mile 500 deduct for aprox 1600, iirc it was 1650. my dealer was presented my quote from ziegler and she beat it by 100 buxs
this had led lights, enhanced rental and key fob overages
i have had ford ESP on every new ford and one used one . never had issues with claims or repairs

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
We’ll I’m going to take a beating for this, but I got to ask. With all those problems with your last Ford why are you buying another? No a fence.

OP
OP

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
We’ll I’m going to take a beating for this, but I got to ask. With all those problems with your last Ford why are you buying another? No a fence.
When everything is working, I still think they have the best half ton product on the market. I'm willing to give up some reliability in exchange for better mileage, more HP, better tech, and a nicer looking truck over the others.

Knowing it will have issues, I'm trying to make sure buying an extended warranty will really cover mostly everything for the next 8Y/150K.

P.S. - I'm not asking about cost. The numbers I quoted in my original post are from Flood and Ziegler, not my dealer.

Reactions: Geo

Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Sounds good, thanks for the follow up.

jjax56

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7 XLT Agate Black
Occupation
PM
I would check out endurance warranty also…they cover more stuff and even cover aftermarket stuff as well. I originally had Ford and then switched to endurance..im sure the Ford reps watching this thread wont like it- but I went to my Ford dealer with the endurance policy and they are not apples to apples match. Endurance definitely covers more and has better price points.

happy hunting! I previously had endurance on my 18’ Silverado and I did have to make (1) claim. I went to a Chevy dealership and it was Flawless! No hassle and no issues. Which is why I went back to them for my F1
Sponsored