Sponsored

Experience with Safety Recall Notice for 22S17/22V193 (Integrated Trailer Relay Module)

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Received the Recall Notice from Ford about a month ago and because I have my truck setup for automatic updates I expected that I would receive the OTA update in a reasonable fast time frame, but in my opinion that has not been the case. I wish the recall letter would have stated that if I choose the OTA method that I would have the OTA no later than a certain date. So, I called Ford's specially trained Software Update Customer Relationship Center at 1-833-389-0848 listed in the recall letter to find out when I will received my update.

The only OTA updates I have received was for other changes such as version 2.8.3. I have auto updates turned on for everyday of the week at 2am. I told the Ford representative that I drive my truck all the time and that I have put 10K miles on it in the last few months after she told me that I would also need to drive my truck often, keep AC, lights off, doors locked for these OTA updates. I told her that the recall letter didn't even mention these other conditions. It seemed like she was blaming me that I am not setting up the truck properly.

In summary, the Ford representative told me she couldn't provide me with a date...that I should be in a que and if I prefer to get it faster that I could go to a dealer to get the update done manually. I told the Ford women that I went to my dealer and they said they can't get me in for about a month to do this job. She told me that if I wanted the updated software faster to check with other dealers.

So, with all that said, what do you think is a reasonable amount of time to wait for an OTA update should I chose that path until filing a complaint with the NHTA about the vehicle not being updated in a reasonable amount of time?
Sponsored

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost (Job 2)
The dealership can also install the update if you are concerned. It is a quick process to install the update for the TRM that addresses the recall. They will also be able to look at the OTA history as well. The decision is yours.