Sponsored

Exhaust systems?

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I'm considering replacing the stock exhaust system. Any recommendations? Would you do a rear exhaust or side exhaust? Why or why not? Thanks
Sponsored

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2018 Tesla Model X P100D
The system from MRBP looks pretty nice. Does anyone have experience with these?

Copenhagen

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
The system from MRBP looks pretty nice. Does anyone have experience with these?

I put this exact system on my 21' 5.0L so I can't really speak to how it sounds on an ecoboost. However on the 5.0 it's a very deep/ aggressive rumble. Especially at low acceleration... it's amazing.

What I can speak to is everything else about it:

Install was easy, with removal of the stock system it was about an hour job with two people. There is one small section of pipe you'd have to cut. The instructions tell you exactly what length to cut it to with cab and bed configurations. On my SuperCrew w/ 6.5' box I cut it to 15 inches and everything fit perfectly.

Materials quality also exceeded my expectations for the price I paid which was about $475 USD all in.

One thing to be aware of is the correct part number, when I looked this up on Stage 3's website, they have the 2021 model listed as "S5259" which is actually the older trucks part number when comparing on MBRP's website which lists "S5209" as the 2021 version.

All in all I highly recommend it but again, not sure how it sounds on the ecoboost itself you would have to base it off the video you posted. If you want to hear a couple terrible videos of it on my 5.0L you can see that HERE.

jkash99

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a 5.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I put this exact system on my 21' 5.0L so I can't really speak to how it sounds on an ecoboost. However on the 5.0 it's a very deep/ aggressive rumble. Especially at low acceleration... it's amazing.

What I can speak to is everything else about it:

Install was easy, with removal of the stock system it was about an hour job with two people. There is one small section of pipe you'd have to cut. The instructions tell you exactly what length to cut it to with cab and bed configurations. On my SuperCrew w/ 6.5' box I cut it to 15 inches and everything fit perfectly.

Materials quality also exceeded my expectations for the price I paid which was about $475 USD all in.

One thing to be aware of is the correct part number, when I looked this up on Stage 3's website, they have the 2021 model listed as "S5259" which is actually the older trucks part number when comparing on MBRP's website which lists "S5209" as the 2021 version.

All in all I highly recommend it but again, not sure how it sounds on the ecoboost itself you would have to base it off the video you posted. If you want to hear a couple terrible videos of it on my 5.0L you can see that HERE.
How much drone is there in the cabin on the highway with the 5.0l? Trying to wait for the corsa or borla systems but might give in cause I want my truck sounding like a mustang lol

Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
I like Rosch adaptive but the stock isn't bad from what Ive heard so Im thinking of just adding a cutout. Will see once delivered. :)

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
You have a Ford? Then you gotta go with Roush!

I have an MBRP exhaust on my Jeep WK diesel. It didn't fit very well out of the box, and I had to take it to a shop to have it welded up properly. It's OK, didn't cost me too much, but I'll be looking for a kit from Roush.
Sponsored