First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
So today after starting my truck I had a strange noise coming from underneath. I climb under the truck and look and theres water shooting out of my muffler through a weep hole and also the resonator. Trucks a brand new platinum with 1700 miles. Heres a video. Has anyone else had this happen.
Sponsored

Attachments

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Drain hole for condensation in exhaust system. Helps prevent it from collecting and rusting out the system. Normal.

OP
OP
Fordphanatic

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Drain hole for condensation in exhaust system. Helps prevent it from collecting and rusting out the system. Normal.
Thanks for the reply. I never noticed this before so it was kind of alarming. Still not sure if I like it

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Mine did that yesterday before I left for work, freaked me out. Thought I had sprung a leak at first.

ryant601

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram 1500, 2022 F150 King Ranch ordered
Noticed similar yesterday under my KR, it seems excessive but in searching it seems to be normal. Never had anything like it on another vehicle but if the purpose is to avoid rust, all for it.

Sponsored

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
So today after starting my truck I had a strange noise coming from underneath. I climb under the truck and look and theres water shooting out of my muffler through a weep hole and also the resonator. Trucks a brand new platinum with 1700 miles. Heres a video. Has anyone else had this happen.
It's nothing to worry about, mine does the same thing. On previous vehicles I've drilled a small hole in the lowest part of the muffler to drain out condensation. This helps prevent rusting.

mrjspence

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PowerBoost King Ranch
I’m glad to see the replies here. I recently took possession of a CPO PowerBoost, King Ranch, and was quite alarmed to see the condensation dripping like this. Here’s a video of what mine looks like.

My last F150 was a 2004 XLT so this is such a different machine.

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
I noticed this too. exhausts last forever nowadays. I remember as a kid growing up in the 80's and 90's and it seemed that my parents cars used to need a new muffler and tailpipe every few years. we had a 1994 s-15 jimmy that had at least 3 mufflers on it during its 120k lifespan 1994-2009.
Sponsored