Sponsored

Excessively Loud Popping Noise B&O Unleashed.

LariatSpaceWhite2.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 2.7
Thanks Lariat look at my post above with the video. You will see I've already filed a complaint with the NHTSA.
Thanks for all the info. Your post raises a new question. Does this have to do with "Surround mode" vs "stereo" mode? I wonder if everybody whos had this happen knows or remembers what setting their system was in?

So far we're learning that this happens mostly with Unleashed trucks, but some standard 8-speaker B&O systems as well, and as for it being an Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) issue, while most of the problems are happening on 3.5L EB Unleashed trucks, which have ANC, I am finding a small handful of 5.0 Unleashed trucks, (V8s don't have ANC) have had the issue too...the fact you caught it coming from the front tweeters and rear doors is key, as that points to an APM (or is it APIM?) or headunit issue, not an amp issue, I think, right @SoundsGoodStereo?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Thanks for all the info. Your post raises a new question. Does this have to do with "Surround mode" vs "stereo" mode? I wonder if everybody whos had this happen knows or remembers what setting their system was in?

So far we're learning that this happens mostly with Unleashed trucks, but some standard 8-speaker B&O systems as well, and as for it being an Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) issue, while most of the problems are happening on 3.5L EB Unleashed trucks, which have ANC, I am finding a small handful of 5.0 Unleashed trucks, which the V8s don't have ANC have had the issue too...the fact you caught it coming from the front tweeters and rear doors is key, as that points to an APM (or is it APIM?) or headunit issue, not an amp issue, I think, right @SoundsGoodStereo?
I agree. And that's why I tagged soundsgood in my post also. I am definitely certain I only heard that crackling from my pillar tweeters as well as the rear door. That's what made me think about moving it from surround to stereo. Now I personally haven't seen any posts regarding the eight speaker bang & Olufsen but you may have seen something I havent. But based on what I heard today I am very confident I only heard it in the a pillar tweeters and the rear doors. I got out of the truck and opened up the back doors to see if the sound was coming from back there and it was.
Again, I want to say as soon as I switched it from surround to stereo it immediately turned off. I then was able to turn it back to surround and everything continued to be fine.

RCMills

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Joined the B&O unleashed BANG! and static club today.

2022 Lariat powerboost with the B&O unleashed. Driving down road and BANG!, thought I lost a window. But all intact, now cab filled with uncontrollable static. Drove right to dealer, Static remained, as the Service Rep filled out intake form. By the time the service tech got to it, static had stopped. I was unaware of this being an issue.

Has there been any discovered solutions, cures or fixes? The dealer seems lost other than to admit ,on a later phone call today , that it was a known issue, probably did the same research I did.

tmmetzger

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Same problem here, 22 Lariat, Unleashed, horn type sound/popping then static for 15-20 min. Happened with Radio on and off and when placing a call, when connection was made, all within 2-3 min or start up. Ear shattering. Dropping off to the dealer tonight, 2nd visit, same issue. Video of static attached. Video of static, was not quick enough to catch popping/horn type sound. Static coming from doors, even head rests, seemed like everywhere.

tmmetzger

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Shop foreman found a software update available for the apim. Only time shall tell it it worked.

Sponsored

cen90

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Nautilus 2017 f150 2005 mustang
Occupation
Retited
Same problem here, 22 Lariat, Unleashed, horn type sound/popping then static for 15-20 min. Happened with Radio on and off and when placing a call, when connection was made, all within 2-3 min or start up. Ear shattering. Dropping off to the dealer tonight, 2nd visit, same issue. Video of static attached. Video of static, was not quick enough to catch popping/horn type sound. Static coming from doors, even head rests, seemed like everywhere.

Mine had the latest update the night before it did it. But has only done it the one time

Sparkie77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Joined the same “unleashed” group today. Loud pop then alternating frequency static exceeding 120db.

22 Platinum Powerboost, the sound was so loud I was hoping to find some ear plugs in my coat pocket, no luck. The audio was off, volume control had no effect. Turning the truck off and getting out/locking the doors didn’t stop the sound. There was smoke coming from several speakers and a terrible burning electrical smell. I drove straight to the dealer and sometime while speaking with the service manager the sound stopped. The service manager opened the passenger door and immediately got a whiff of the burning electrical smell. Dealer can’t get to it for at least a few days and no loaner vehicle is available. My trust in vehicle quality went out the window with the speaker smoke and what I’m left with is a vehicle I’m afraid to drive, ringing ears and something quite the opposite of a new “car” smell.

Expat93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Denali, Ram, Ford
Occupation
None
Joined the same “unleashed” group today. Loud pop then alternating frequency static exceeding 120db.

22 Platinum Powerboost, the sound was so loud I was hoping to find some ear plugs in my coat pocket, no luck. The audio was off, volume control had no effect. Turning the truck off and getting out/locking the doors didn’t stop the sound. There was smoke coming from several speakers and a terrible burning electrical smell. I drove straight to the dealer and sometime while speaking with the service manager the sound stopped. The service manager opened the passenger door and immediately got a whiff of the burning electrical smell. Dealer can’t get to it for at least a few days and no loaner vehicle is available. My trust in vehicle quality went out the window with the speaker smoke and what I’m left with is a vehicle I’m afraid to drive, ringing ears and something quite the opposite of a new “car” smell.
Get a lawyer. You shouldn’t have to hassle with this. Ford should absolutely provide a loaner.

Controlrick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
HVAC tech
Get a lawyer. You shouldn’t have to hassle with this. Ford should absolutely provide a loaner.
have this issue and now the heat exchanger water leak. The most I have ever spent on a vehicle, and the most issues I have ever had with a new one. Truck is now at the dealership for at least 1-month waiting for the heat exchanger. My dealership is providing me with a truck, so that is good. Big Ford fan, but starting to have second thoughts.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Shouldn't take anywhere near a month at this point. At least not if the dealership is on their game.

It's a minor issue and repair, and would barely be more painful than an oil change, IF the logistics of the replacement part(s) didn't make it otherwise.

Really disappointed that a coolant leak can escalate to a buyback or a lemon claim. Incredibly unnecessary, but we've all seen just how it can happen.

Controlrick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
HVAC tech
Shouldn't take anywhere near a month at this point. At least not if the dealership is on their game.

It's a minor issue and repair, and would barely be more painful than an oil change, IF the logistics of the replacement part(s) didn't make it otherwise.

Really disappointed that a coolant leak can escalate to a buyback or a lemon claim. Incredibly unnecessary, but we've all seen just how it can happen.
I'm a little frustrated.

PwrBoost2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limited 4x4 PowerBoost
Occupation
Engineer / Manager
I joined this club today as well. Happened 2 times (8500 miles) Loud ear piercing pop - but no static. Today 9500 miles - loud pop, no static and speakers went dead with zero sound. Only way to get speakers working was to pull negative cable off both 12V batteries. I also noticed a slight electrical burning smell a couple of days ago. Unreal …. Will wait for it to happen again before I take to dealer. Sounds like still no reported fix?
22 Limited - June build.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I joined this club today as well. Happened 2 times (8500 miles) Loud ear piercing pop - but no static. Today 9500 miles - loud pop, no static and speakers went dead with zero sound. Only way to get speakers working was to pull negative cable off both 12V batteries. I also noticed a slight electrical burning smell a couple of days ago. Unreal …. Will wait for it to happen again before I take to dealer. Sounds like still no reported fix?
22 Limited - June build.
I believe Im also a June '22 build...
And mine happened around 9100 miles
@rugedraw do you know my birthday?
1FTFW1ED9NFB50297

Last edited:

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
Dealer just called and told me my amplifier needs to be replaced. This is the second time my truck has been in the shop for the loud pop and unresponsive stereo issue. First time it was the auxiliary battery replacement and apim reprogram. Parts should be here later this week.
Sponsored