Sponsored

Excessively Loud Popping Noise B&O Unleashed.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just joined and wanted to add myself to the list of those whom it has happened to. 22 Platinum PowerBoost. First time was a month ago, and now again this week. First time was loud pop, followed by the static as I just got into truck. Second time was with wife doing 60 and was scared to death, but no pop, just loud static. And it didn’t stop

for a while. I am hard of hearing already, but this truly hurts my ears. I did make sure my fuses were all in tight as well. In the engine compartment the majority were lose, inside, majority were set properly. Use Bluetooth and Apple. If anyone else has any updates or information please follow up. I know there are a few chats about this with different headers, but I’ll add to those as well. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance! Jim
Hi there, Jim. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

OP
OP
70Mach1

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
Has anyone found an answer for this?
I’m going to buy a different truck for anyone that has had this happen 3 times it’s ear piercing anyone have any thoughts on a Toyota or gmc? Have always had ford not familiar going to try to test drive something else today
it’s only happened to me that one time thankfully. Ford wasn’t able to replicate it ofcourse even with my video evidence.

Spunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I would bet this issue is related to the DSP (amplifier) which the B&O unleashed systems have. Due to the number of concerns it may be a bad batch of modules that made it into the vehicles. The ACM directly provides power to the A pillar tweeters and the rear door speakers on 2022 F-150's with the 18 speaker unleashed system. The DSP controls all other speakers. If it can be determined that the static is not coming from the ACM controlled speakers, this would further indicate a DSP fault. If not the module itself, it could also be a poor ground.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
Next time it happens switch to AM radio and back. Apparently switching to an analog source and back has fixed the issue for some people by resetting the amp.

Sponsored

Woffy2u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 larriat. 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Field service
This just happened to me today on 2022 F150 SuperCrew Tremor w/B&O (1,600 miles).

• Happened in both Run and Accessory
  • Started ~3 sec after start, would not stop until I turned off car and opened door (and then ~3 sec until noise stopped)
  • Turning radio power and touchscreen off had no effect
  • Turning off all phones with Bluetooth connections had no effect.
After waiting ~10 min with power off, the sound did not return and could drive home without permanent hearing loss.

***I believe that I saw a pop-up message on the touchscreen the first time it started...I don't remember if it was about sending data to Ford or if an over-air update had just been performed. Had an issue about a month ago with a similar pop-up but that time there was no noise, just the touchscreen stayed dark for about 10 minutes.

Thanks for posting the video. I'm glad I didn't have my 5-year old in the truck with me. She would have been traumatized (and probably lost some hearing) if she had been there. Next time I'll be sure to use my noise meter on my phone to measure the decibels.
Same here.

Woffy2u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 larriat. 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Field service
Has anyone gotten this issue resolved?

BStephens57

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 limited
Exact same thing on my truck, 22 raptor
I also had this happen on my 2021
Anyone experience excessively loud repetive popping noise from their B&O unleashed?

I have a 22 Lariat with B&O unleashed. Truck has less than 3k miles. It started when I tried to select an music app via CarPlay. Started as a loud popping sound through all speakers. I shut off the stereo and it still occurred. The popping sound would go on and off. I pulled over parked the truck and turned it off and restarted (not a full system power down). I tried to turn on a different audio source and no sound until the loud popping noise came back. Parked again and the only way to make it stop was to open and close the doors after the truck was in accessory mode.

I then left the truck for 10 min to fully power down and came back. No issue anymore.

The sound was so loud I thought it was going to damage my speakers. I tried to take a video of it, but with the whole family in the truck it was sloppy and fortunately after the last fix it stopped.

My questions are has anyone else experienced this and what was the issue that caused it?
This just happen to me this morning. I own a 2021 F150 Limited 6k miles. Scared me and my wife.
Kinda afraid to drive it now.

Sponsored

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I have had the same issue - the Radio Poltergeist. One time is was the popping and cracking, one time it was just a loud screech, and then again with the popping and cracking. Its intermiteent, so of course the dealership cannot replicate it.

I tried to post my video but it keeps saying it too big. Edited, sound only, still can't get it loaded. Mine was very similar to Jim from Dallas.

I have had my truck at the dealership more times than I'd prefer for a 2022. I need to get a body repair done (low gas station pole :cry:), and then I'm thinking of looking for something else. Not sure what I'd go to, because I love the platinum PowerBoost. Any one seen anything they like better? Maybe just get a new one without all the issues....maybe.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Hmmmm
Not much out there that is toe-to-toe with a Platinum Powerboost. That's a subjective opinion, of course.

You must have had some more serious issues than the admittedly frustrating Jekyll/Hyde B&O malady?

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Hmmmm
Not much out there that is toe-to-toe with a Platinum Powerboost. That's a subjective opinion, of course.

You must have had some more serious issues than the admittedly frustrating Jekyll/Hyde B&O malady?

Its not that I've had serious issues, but the quantity is concerning. If I did get anything now I'd probably just get another Platinum Powerboost. Definitely like the power and the wife likes the creature comforts.

Last Monday the windshield wipers quit. No mechanical issues yet or it would be gone. And I'm hopeful they can get this other crap figured out soon enough.

J509

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited
Its not that I've had serious issues, but the quantity is concerning. If I did get anything now I'd probably just get another Platinum Powerboost. Definitely like the power and the wife likes the creature comforts.

Last Monday the windshield wipers quit. No mechanical issues yet or it would be gone. And I'm hopeful they can get this other crap figured out soon enough.
Did they fix your windshield wipers? I spoke to my dealership today about the wiper motor recall and was informed that ford is telling them not to order the parts to fix the recall until the motor actually stops working? My reply was what am I supposed to do if I’m traveling and the motor breaks during a heavy rain?

Seawolf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Did they fix your windshield wipers? I spoke to my dealership today about the wiper motor recall and was informed that ford is telling them not to order the parts to fix the recall until the motor actually stops working? My reply was what am I supposed to do if I’m traveling and the motor breaks during a heavy rain?
Yes they fixed it. I did not know there was a wiper motor recall. I will have to go and look at my receipt to find out what they did. But it was fixed.
Sponsored