Sponsored

Excessively Loud Popping Noise B&O Unleashed.

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
Anyone experience excessively loud repetive popping noise from their B&O unleashed?

I have a 22 Lariat with B&O unleashed. Truck has less than 3k miles. It started when I tried to select an music app via CarPlay. Started as a loud popping sound through all speakers. I shut off the stereo and it still occurred. The popping sound would go on and off. I pulled over parked the truck and turned it off and restarted (not a full system power down). I tried to turn on a different audio source and no sound until the loud popping noise came back. Parked again and the only way to make it stop was to open and close the doors after the truck was in accessory mode.

I then left the truck for 10 min to fully power down and came back. No issue anymore.

The sound was so loud I thought it was going to damage my speakers. I tried to take a video of it, but with the whole family in the truck it was sloppy and fortunately after the last fix it stopped.

My questions are has anyone else experienced this and what was the issue that caused it?
Sponsored

Attachments

twiley

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 SuperCrew Tremor
This just happened to me today on 2022 F150 SuperCrew Tremor w/B&O (1,600 miles).

• Happened in both Run and Accessory
  • Started ~3 sec after start, would not stop until I turned off car and opened door (and then ~3 sec until noise stopped)
  • Turning radio power and touchscreen off had no effect
  • Turning off all phones with Bluetooth connections had no effect.
After waiting ~10 min with power off, the sound did not return and could drive home without permanent hearing loss.

***I believe that I saw a pop-up message on the touchscreen the first time it started...I don't remember if it was about sending data to Ford or if an over-air update had just been performed. Had an issue about a month ago with a similar pop-up but that time there was no noise, just the touchscreen stayed dark for about 10 minutes.

Thanks for posting the video. I'm glad I didn't have my 5-year old in the truck with me. She would have been traumatized (and probably lost some hearing) if she had been there. Next time I'll be sure to use my noise meter on my phone to measure the decibels.

Anyone experience excessively loud repetive popping noise from their B&O unleashed?

I have a 22 Lariat with B&O unleashed. Truck has less than 3k miles. It started when I tried to select an music app via CarPlay. Started as a loud popping sound through all speakers. I shut off the stereo and it still occurred. The popping sound would go on and off. I pulled over parked the truck and turned it off and restarted (not a full system power down). I tried to turn on a different audio source and no sound until the loud popping noise came back. Parked again and the only way to make it stop was to open and close the doors after the truck was in accessory mode.

I then left the truck for 10 min to fully power down and came back. No issue anymore.

The sound was so loud I thought it was going to damage my speakers. I tried to take a video of it, but with the whole family in the truck it was sloppy and fortunately after the last fix it stopped.

My questions are has anyone else experienced this and what was the issue that caused it?

OP
OP
70Mach1

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
This just happened to me today on 2022 F150 SuperCrew Tremor w/B&O (1,600 miles).

• Happened in both Run and Accessory
  • Started ~3 sec after start, would not stop until I turned off car and opened door (and then ~3 sec until noise stopped)
  • Turning radio power and touchscreen off had no effect
  • Turning off all phones with Bluetooth connections had no effect.
After waiting ~10 min with power off, the sound did not return and could drive home without permanent hearing loss.

***I believe that I saw a pop-up message on the touchscreen the first time it started...I don't remember if it was about sending data to Ford or if an over-air update had just been performed. Had an issue about a month ago with a similar pop-up but that time there was no noise, just the touchscreen stayed dark for about 10 minutes.

Thanks for posting the video. I'm glad I didn't have my 5-year old in the truck with me. She would have been traumatized (and probably lost some hearing) if she had been there. Next time I'll be sure to use my noise meter on my phone to measure the decibels.
you’re welcome. Yes it was crazy loud. I am really surprised the speakers weren’t blown. Thankfully I haven’t had this issue again but worried that it will

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Any update on this?

OP
OP
70Mach1

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
Nothing on my end. It hasn’t happened to me since though.

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Nothing on my end. It hasn’t happened to me since though.
Yeah, that's good to hear, I just don't want the one and done occurrence to be with the toddler and/or infant in the truck.

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford f150 platinum powerboost, 2019 Ford edge
I had this happen and unfortunately the Dealer visit went about as expected. They told me that they were unable to replicate the problem and they would need to do that in order to do anything. They "reinstalled" the latest update and sent me on my way. Total waste of time. Ford corporate did reach out via phone to see what the dealer did and when I said they did nothing they asked me if I was satisfied with that, lol. Supposedly a case was created, I requested a sync software engineer be made aware and the customer service rep didn't really know how to respond. Good luck everybody.

For anyone just tuning in, based off of the information provided so far in various other forums I follow, The issue seems to be affecting any truck with the B&O unleashed speaker system. I also believe it takes place when the truck is attempting connection to android auto or apple car play, but that is still a question mark.

So far the way I have been able to mitigate this is by starting the truck and verifying connection of android auto, playing music through android auto and when that starts then I start driving. I feel like that is the moment of failure and if you get past that you have a higher likelihood of a safe drive.

Trying to get the word out to anyone with these high end trucks to hopefully save them (and any children with developing ears) from the absolutely ridiculous amount of damage this sound system can do.

CommackBoy

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
IT
It happened to me when it tried to connect to ApplePlay a few seconds after I started. I almost crapped myself thinking something blew up inside the truck. Hasn't happened since.

OP
OP
70Mach1

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
Ford opened a case. I am bringing the truck to the dealer for a few issues including having a coolant leak somewhere….

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
Just had this happen with my 22 Tremor 402A with B&O Unleashed. Anyone ever figure anything out with this? Might be worth noting my phone was at 2%, and after we parked it I turned off Bluetooth and wifi and xm was just fine coming home

Sponsored

Smatchet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor

I have had it happen twice, last time was a month ago and has not repeated since. Same as above, my ears were ringing for an hour after.

OP
OP
70Mach1

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
Showed the video to Ford at recent service. They can’t repeat it ofcourse abs even with evidence they aren’t able to do anything.
Also had Ford involved working with the dealer, but my coolant leak and National back order for replacement has had my truck at the dealer for over a month now.

im starting to forget I had a truck…

Bieg

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 '22 PB
Exactly the same happened to me this morning. Extremely loud bang noise and high frequency noise for about 20 minutes and no response on volume or any other button. I'm still shaking. '22 F150 Platinum PB VIN 1FTFW1EDXNFA24305

Last edited:

JM Dallas

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Just joined and wanted to add myself to the list of those whom it has happened to. 22 Platinum PowerBoost. First time was a month ago, and now again this week. First time was loud pop, followed by the static as I just got into truck. Second time was with wife doing 60 and was scared to death, but no pop, just loud static. And it didn’t stop

for a while. I am hard of hearing already, but this truly hurts my ears. I did make sure my fuses were all in tight as well. In the engine compartment the majority were lose, inside, majority were set properly. Use Bluetooth and Apple. If anyone else has any updates or information please follow up. I know there are a few chats about this with different headers, but I’ll add to those as well. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance! Jim

DaveQuarry

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed

Has anyone found an answer for this?
I’m going to buy a different truck for anyone that has had this happen 3 times it’s ear piercing anyone have any thoughts on a Toyota or gmc? Have always had ford not familiar going to try to test drive something else today
Sponsored