ETA or VIN# in Canada

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Has anyone in Canada received an ETA or been issued a VIN#? I ordered my truck in August, I’ve made a few changes since but still have not received any ETA or VIN#. All the dealer can tell me is it has been accepted by Ford. By accepted I’m thinking the truck is buildable. Let me know what you guys might know. Thanks
Sponsored

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have no more information than you do but it appears we are all in the same situation (Canada or USA). The only VINs that I’ve seen are people that got a stock order. If I understand the process correctly, the retail orders will start getting VINs near the okay to build status. The good news is it appears the stock orders are on schedule or moving up.

OP
OP

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
I have no more information than you do but it appears we are all in the same situation (Canada or USA). The only VINs that I’ve seen are people that got a stock order. If I understand the process correctly, the retail orders will start getting VINs near the okay to build status. The good news is it appears the stock orders are on schedule or moving up.
Yes that’s what my dealer told me my order is in th “OK to build status” thanks

GerhardCA

First Name
Gerhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey Crossroad
Occupation
Professional Services Manager
Yes that’s what my dealer told me my order is in th “OK to build status” thanks
Also do not have a VIN yet. Ordered 20 Aug. Only status I've had was about 2 weeks back when the dealer told me they order was accepted and uploaded into the manufacturer system.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
I spoke to a Canadian Ford marketing Rep who said my Powerboost Hybrid would not be available until around April 2021 as he understood that the Hybrid was Job 2. I think he is mistaken, as the Diesel appears to be Job 2 not the Hybrid. I ordered mine in early September and still have no Vin or additional information. If it is April, that is very disappointing.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
I spoke to a Canadian Ford marketing Rep who said my Powerboost Hybrid would not be available until around April 2021 as he understood that the Hybrid was Job 2. I think he is mistaken, as the Diesel appears to be Job 2 not the Hybrid. I ordered mine in early September and still have no Vin or additional information. If it is April, that is very disappointing.
I’m hearing that the work surface is also out to lunch. I really hope it isn’t. I’ve already made a deal that my trade wouldn’t lose its value. So hopefully it’s not the spring although wouldn’t bug me too much. Winters up here are hard on vehicles lol

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m hearing that the work surface is also out to lunch. I really hope it isn’t. I’ve already made a deal that my trade wouldn’t lose its value. So hopefully it’s not the spring although wouldn’t bug me too much. Winters up here are hard on vehicles lol
Yes, I also have the work surface. Hopefully it is just misinformation. It will be a disappointment if it takes that long. The only bonus is they gave me a really good value for my 18 lease and it should go up in price as I continue to make payments.
Who knows.

OP
OP

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Yes, I also have the work surface. Hopefully it is just misinformation. It will be a disappointment if it takes that long. The only bonus is they gave me a really good value for my 18 lease and it should go up in price as I continue to make payments.
Who knows.
Ya same with me I keep paying down my current truck so yes it should work out. I don’t NEED a new yet. They basically gave me back what I paid for my truck a year ago. Lol

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Job 2 makes absolutely no sense as they are make stock orders now. The diesel is delayed but from what I understand the hybrids are getting made now. The problem with some of these sales people is they will give an answer even if they don’t know what they are talking about.

OP
OP

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Job 2 makes absolutely no sense as they are make stock orders now. The diesel is delayed but from what I understand the hybrids are getting made now. The problem with some of these sales people is they will give an answer even if they don’t know what they are talking about.
All you do is wait until it arrives

Sponsored

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully, but it wasn't a salesperson. It was a marketing Rep. My dealer and salesperson was shocked when they said April. Too your point, stock trucks are being done now and the Rep said that they want to get product on the floors. I assume that means special orders are delayed.
Originally, I was told 8 to 12 weeks, so we will see what happens.

r-model

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT with some goodies, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Velocity Blue (ordered)
Occupation
designer
Guess I am in the same boat as you guys, I have the initial DORA for my build, my dealer is checking Ford's response daily, I was told that my truck might arrive January/February of '21. Once the VIN is released, then I will have a better time frame as to when it might show up.

GerhardCA

First Name
Gerhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey Crossroad
Occupation
Professional Services Manager
Anyone (from Canada) received any information on VIN nrs yet?

hillbros_96

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150, 2021 F150
Nope, but I received the latest build schedule yesterday from Ford Canada, all it says is the work surface is constrained until further notice. I ordered 3 in august, I had work surface on two of them so I dropped that today in an attempt to bump up the build time.

It is also stating March is the production month for a new order, so I would hope mine would get built way before then.
Sponsored