First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 xlt fx4
Occupation
retired
I understand that in the USA, it is possible to purchase EPS without having to go through a dealer. Can we do the same in Canada? If so, what options are there?
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
As far as I can tell, you don't need to go to "YOUR" dealer. Can shop around at diffrent dealers for the best price. There are also companies that offer extended warranty. I had one for my 2011 I bought from a Ford dealer. Will try and find that iinfo.

smarty39

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Velocity Blue Lariat Sport
Does anyone have any better info or first hand experience on this? I’ve been doing a ton of research but can really only find info on the other side of the border.

Thinking of an ESP when mine arrives as I plan to keep it for a long time. Thanks!

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
If you want the Ford Extended service plan, you have to purchase it through a dealer. Any dealer can sell it to you, regardless where you purchased the truck. If you do a web search for the Ford extended service you will find a website that offers to sell one. This is a Ford dealer in Kingston, ON. I got a price from them, then found out on another Ford forum (oval I think) that said a Canadian dealer offering to sell it for ?? dollars (I don't remember the amount) above invoice. Following the process on that site I ended up being referred to the same Kingston dealership. Their forum price was about $200 less than the first quote. I ended up buying from the dealership I bought the truck as I got a better deal.

If you want to go with a non Ford extended service plan, doing a web search will bring up some that are in Canada. I did not look in to this option so have no info on it.

Of note, you can buy the Ford plan from a US Ford dealer. The plan is good for repairs in North America. However, you need a US address. Also when you take the truck in for repairs, you will have to tell them to call the US number since it will not show up as being covered on their computer system.

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
To chime in, in case it helps... I got an 8yr 120K PremiumCARE on a '22 Lariat PowerBoost for $4,125 - I was told that due to a quoting mistake this price is 5% over invoice - but... one never knows in this game of sales where the truth lies.

I'm happy with the price I paid and hope to not get too much value out of it! ;)

Sponsored

HutchinWpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Occupation
construction
I had a Ford dealer contact me and offer extended warranty but it wasn't a Ford warranty. I can't remember the name of the company , but nowhere did it say Ford on the paperwork I saw. Has anyone else had this from a dealership?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
There are companies that offer extended warranty on vehicles that are sold through dealers. How good they are, I am not sure. I had one on my 2011, with " If not used, get premium back". Never used it, and recieved not even half back. My fault, didn't read the 3rd level of fine fine print. This time went with Fords ESP. Paid more, but feel better about it.. got 10 year 160,000 km

HutchinWpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Occupation
construction
Thanks Kanuck,

From what I could see everything looked the same as what people are describing the Ford ESP as . Even though it is through a dealership I am concerned it is not Ford .

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
They should be able to say if it is through Ford or not.

HutchinWpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Occupation
construction
To many years of contracts LOL unless it's in writing it isn't reliable. I have a meeting tomorrow and will find out.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
To many years of contracts LOL unless it's in writing it isn't reliable. I have a meeting tomorrow and will find out.
Who is your dealer?

HutchinWpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Occupation
construction
Rather not say in open forum.

I will let everyone know tomorrow what they say, or write

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
When we were buying I had seen Petrie Ford mentioned a few times online as a dealer very competitive on warranty so I contacted them. They are in Ontario. I’m in Manitoba and was buying the truck in Sask as they had the truck I wanted in stock. I got quotes from Petrie in writing that were much better than where I was buying from. Although the selling dealer said the warranty prices were fixed as soon as I told them I had a better price they matched it. Saved about 1k on the difference. Worth it to check with them for sure.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician

HutchinWpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Occupation
construction
How did this all turn out?

Sorry for the late reply, Life got in the way.

Long story short Ford Canada does offer an ESP on vehicles that are still on their original warranty. My truck is a 2021 with 54,000 km on it.
The full warranty is to 3 years or 60,000 km and power train 5 years and 100,000km

The costs to add onto the warranty are as follows . Note actual coverage is based on my truck now.

PremiumCare Plus!:

8 years/200,000 - $8,326 (Actual coverage: 5 years/140,000)

PremiumCare:

8 years/200,000 - $7,790 (Actual coverage: 5 years/140,000)

This also does NOT cover rental, $0 deductible or coverage on lamps, headlamps including LED & HID . And headlights , taillights are expensive. But then again what isn't nowdays.

In comparison The aftermarket warranty they were offering ( dealership) including light assemblies and rental with $0 deductible was.

5 years/100,000 - $5,046

6 years/100,000 - $5,179

These get added on to the existing mileage & year.

I spoke with a few people I know who have similar trucks and it doesn't make financial sense to spend the money on warranties at this time. I have had very few issues with my truck other than the power inverter and the touch screen. The inverter I could replace myself and the touch screen was more of a nuisance so I got it fixed because Ford was paying.

Hope that helps
Sponsored