First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I am not sure the dealership can limit you to getting a rental from the Enterprise rental nearest to the dealership.. You should be able to get a rental from any Enterprise rental place as they are all company owned and they have access to the rental authorization.
As for the dealer denying coverage on the sensor or saying they can only cover Ford rentals or any other such issues, I would politely ask them to show the actual verbiage in the contract. I would be within my rights to request that and not take their word for it. This technique works more often than not and not just with auto dealers. Most of the time they are not accustomed to people asking for proof and they just do the right thing when politely challenged to show proof.
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I am not sure the dealership can limit you to getting a rental from the Enterprise rental nearest to the dealership.. You should be able to get a rental from any Enterprise rental place as they are all company owned and they have access to the rental authorization.
As for the dealer denying coverage on the sensor or saying they can only cover Ford rentals or any other such issues, I would politely ask them to show the actual verbiage in the contract. I would be within my rights to request that and not take their word for it. This technique works more often than not and not just with auto dealers. Most of the time they are not accustomed to people asking for proof and they just do the right thing when politely challenged to show proof.
or they'll placate and say, "I'll do it for you this time, but I won't be able to next time"

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Following. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the Premium ESP.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
or they'll placate and say, "I'll do it for you this time, but I won't be able to next time"
In which case I'd say to myself 'mission accomplished' and take that without argument. "Next time" can be addressed if / when it arises. IOW, I placate them for the moment, no stress, no 'guilt', no worries.

;)

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Following. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the Premium ESP.
I'd simply suggest you read the contract carefully and make your decision based on the contract provisions, not on anecdotes of any particular dealer's behavior.

Last edited:

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
I'd simply suggest you read the contract carefully and make your decision based on the contract provisions, not on anecdotes of any particular dealer's behavior.
I absolutely will do that. I deal with contracts at work and the red flags are similar.

OP
OP
AussieSteveGuy

AussieSteveGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innov8.ag
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat Crew Cab
Dealer came clean today and agreed to waive diagnostics and charges for the current sensor part & aux battery assembly, but will be charging me for the aux battery (no issue for me). I’ve skipped challenging them on the rental car for now.

on the hybrid battery, as far as I can tell…once we hit 100k miles, replacement/service is out of pocket…even if I have ESP to 120k. Anyone have to pay out of pocket for one yet? Looks like they’re $2800, 90% less than the Lightning battery (and prob 90% smaller).

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Good for you helping the dealership see what Ford's warranty covers on Ford vehicles worked on by Ford identified technicians. 🤣

Yes, the Hybrid battery is rather inexpensive when you compare it to an EV battery. And yes it's much smaller. In fact it's tiny. It barely qualifies as even a Hybrid battery.

The Lightning ER is 131 KWH?
The Powerboost is 1.5 KWH

That's not a typo. 😁

I've seen it priced down closer to $2000 online before, but did notice it creep up lately.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
My dealer offered lifetime powertrain warranty, but in the fine print it doesn’t cover the hybrid portion of the powertrain. It will be interesting to see how these fair over 100k, but at least the tiny battery isn’t too expensive.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There's already Powerboost beyond 100,000

Certainly not many, of course.

Bobcatou

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Lariat, (Carbonized Gray Metallic) - On order
The PremiumCare Contract is structured to cover everything except what is specifically stated as NOT covered. Note this is distinct from all other Ford ESP Plans which only cover items which are specifically listed as covered.

FYI / FWIW, attached is my 2022 ESP PremiumCare contract. In Article "7. WHAT IT NOT COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT", I find on page 5 of 12:

t) Batteries of all types and cables, ..... [emphasis added]​

IF the subject sensor is integral with the battery cable (not separately replaceable) then it would seem the exclusion is explicit and forewarned. However, IF the subject sensor is replaceable separate from the cable, I'd be having a discussion with the dealer.
Way too many lawyers involved in that Terms of service

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Is it possible to add additional KWH to our powerboosts? Much like I do with my ebike?
Electronically and logic considerations? I'm pretty experienced in building safe batteries for toys but ........
Sponsored