Sponsored

Enyone else think the original wiper blades are a piece of crap?

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
7500 miles and Feb. will be a year and the rest of the time it's in a garage and they aren't the best. I thought maybe was something on the window causing the poor performance but sounds like I am not the only one not happy with the wipers.
Sponsored

Reactions: sbi

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
It is not the miles on the engine but the days out in the sun and exposed to ozone for the truck.

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB, Lariat, SCrew, FX4
One of the first things I did was to replace stock blades with Bosch.
Did you put on 22” blades? When I replaced my windshield I changed the wipers to the Bosch Icon 22” which is what Bosch states is the correct size, but when I run the wipers on high it hit the A piller. I checked the arm at rest and it aligns at the base on the windshield so I can’t adjusted it lower. I going to have to go back to stock or try 21” for driver side.

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Did you put on 22” blades? When I replaced my windshield I changed the wipers to the Bosch Icon 22” which is what Bosch states is the correct size, but when I run the wipers on high it hit the A piller. I checked the arm at rest and it aligns at the base on the windshield so I can’t adjusted it lower. I going to have to go back to stock or try 21” for driver side.
Yes, 22".

Sponsored

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
mine are fine at 5000 miles. just lift them off the windshield and clean them with a rag when you wash the windshield. On my fords I also found that the dealer had the best match for blades and they are not that expensive.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
My wipers were still fine when I replaced them in February. I went with Kimblade wipers and I have a thread here on it somewhere. They're still performing nearly the same as when I installed them in February. If they start getting a little streaky, I wipe them off and get a bunch of grime from the blade and they're good again. Washing the truck also helps. I plan on giving a 1 year update in the thread I started when I get there. So far, these have been the most consistent performance wipers I've used on any vehicle.

Jaysonics

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
Replaced the oem blades with Bosch icon after a few weeks of ownership. Stock ford ones were very streaky and chattery. Bosch have always worked out and lasted the longest for me

psambrose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2018 Mustang GT 2017 Lincoln MKZ
My wiper arms flew off on the freeway before the blades went bad. It's been over six months and they still don't have the arms in stock. :(

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
16,000 + miles and close to 2 years of ownership. OEM blades still on and functioning just fine. I'll replace them in the spring with blades from the Ford parts counter.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
No issues. Work just fine. 2nd winter in Germany, freezing temps, rain, snow, 12k km.
My BMW wipers on the other hand… been replacing every 6 months. Those are the real garbage.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
I GOT 21,000 MILES OUT OF MINE. I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I BOUGHT THE THE 80.00 DOLLARS SET OF SILICONE WIPERS AND THEY ARE AMAZING. TIME WILL TELL IF THEY ARE WORTH IT.

areznicek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Screw XLT 3.5L EB
Somehow I made it to 41000 miles @ 21 months ownership. But, I should also add that by that point the rubber blades completely separated from the arms. Use RainX so never have to use my wipers much. Replaced with Bosch.
Sponsored