Sponsored

Enyone else think the original wiper blades are a piece of crap?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
mine smear bugs vice wiping them off, but most of my vehicles have done this. we have sticky bugs i think
i need a pair with razor edge to pull the critters off

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
11K miles, not a singlel ice/snow use, and the wiper blades are junk.
How old are the wiper blades? I’ve owned my truck since September and already need to replace them as they’re quite streaky, BUT the truck was built in January, so they’ve had plenty of time to dry rot in the Sun

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
How old are the wiper blades? I’ve owned my truck since September and already need to replace them as they’re quite streaky, BUT the truck was built in January, so they’ve had plenty of time to dry rot in the Sun
One year and 2 days old. Took about 5 days from built to delivery so they didn't really sit for a long time.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
One year and 2 days old. Took about 5 days from built to delivery so they didn't really sit for a long time.
I wouldn’t expect wipers to last longer than that… have you always had issues with them?

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I wouldn’t expect wipers to last longer than that… have you always had issues with them?
They weren't the best, tbh, never smooth as in other vehicles, but lately (last few weeks) they are streaking really bad, especially the driver's side.

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
wow you got to 11k with the original blades I changed mine around 4k because the original blades where not wiping the window correctly leaving marks right in the middle of my view. This was only about 4 months after i purchased it so maybe only half dozen times of use in the rain. in my opinion the original wiper blades are not that great or maybe it was because of the ~5 months sitting outside waiting on chip hold. my truck is a late january 2022 build for a timeline reference.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I'm in the same boat, roughly 4500 miles and I need to replace mine

Reactions: sbi

wolfman1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502A
I thought I was going crazy when we got some rain this past weekend. I've got just over 5k miles on the truck, and it has seen snow, wet salty roads, and a decent amount of rain in my short 3 months of ownership. Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking I need to replace them.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I’ve got the prepaid 5 year, 100,000km inclusive service plan and I’m eligible for service every six months. That includes changing the wiper blades and I’m glad they do it. Mine were shot leading up to my last appointment in November and the new ones have made a huge difference.

Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
Got my truck on 11/19 and they are junk.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
My 2019 with original blades with 3 winters and summer rains are still ok!!! Wipes very well---I must have got an awesome set!

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I’ve been having good luck with the Piaa silicone windshield wipers.

They are still running strong on my old truck that I sold years ago after installing. I used to keep my old wiper blades on until it rains and then swap out for ones I kept in the center console. Otherwise, before that I would need a new set of wiper blades every time in rained because the heat would destroy the natural rubber.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
After 4 mos mine were already streaking especially driver's side but it rarely rains here so I figured part of the issue was dry rot due to lack of rain and hot dry summers. Had quick lane replace them a couple of months ago at 5k miles can already tell the driver's side is showing some wear. Actually I use them at the end of the car wash to help remove water. Anyway maybe there's too much tension on the wiper arms? No noise is made and no clue how to even make the tension any lighter. Just some thoughts.
Sponsored