Entering Oil Change in Ford App

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
They explained to me that they are following Ford's instructions in a system that they have no control over. And Ford is aware of the issue but hasn't addressed it. Yet.
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have the same issue with FP. No ADD SERVICE on the bottom of the app. I just looked on the owner.ford.com site and my service is there, but all warranty work. I have had the dealer do my oil changes and they are not listed. Way to go FORD!!!

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 4x4 Lariat 500A SCrew 2.7EB 145"
at least y'all can actually get a warranty (aka Vehicle Service Contract) somewhere other than the dealer you bought the truck from. Only options in CA are to either buy one of the "ESP's" offered from the dealer when buying the truck, or get MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance) on your own. Not sure it matters, but the ESP's sold from the dealers in CA are from a third party.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Florida has some kind of crazy rule where you can't purchase Ford's extended warranty from any dealer out of state. Seems so anti-trust to me.

So in California you aren't buying Ford's branded extended warranty even from the Ford dealership?

I do know that I refuse to purchase an extended warranty from the dealership I buy cars/trucks from here in Texas. I can get a great deal on vehicles from them, but they won't sell Ford's warranty. They make more money on some 3rd party thing they push.

Thank goodness for Flood, Zeigler, and now Granger.

Sponsored

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Florida has some kind of crazy rule where you can't purchase Ford's extended warranty from any dealer out of state. Seems so anti-trust to me.

So in California you aren't buying Ford's branded extended warranty even from the Ford dealership?

I do know that I refuse to purchase an extended warranty from the dealership I buy cars/trucks from here in Texas. I can get a great deal on vehicles from them, but they won't sell Ford's warranty. They make more money on some 3rd party thing they push.

Thank goodness for Flood, Zeigler, and now Granger.
I believe the answer to your question is yes, that is correct. A few years ago I took the wife's '08 Escape to the dealer we bought the car from for a problem, they had record of the "extended warranty" in the vehicle history. I assumed it was a Ford extended warranty because I bought it from them when we bought the car. I remember them saying "I see you have a third party warranty with So-And-So MBI". It was something like Mechanic's Choice MBI. Normally I retain all that sort of stuff, but could not find the paperwork for the extended warranty other. I was surprised to hear it was third party, but it didn't really matter it covered the repair.
In CA, the MBI is governed by the Dept. Of Insurance (sigh...).
A quick interwebs device search:
California Warranty Laws
The strict laws in California carefully regulate:
  • Who sells warranties
  • What extended warranty contracts can contain
  • What extended warranties are called
  • Provider: VSC is provided by anyone besides the manufacturer and may be sold by the dealership or licensed provider. MBI is a contract with an insurance company and can be sold by a licensed insurance company or certain third-party providers.
  • Availability: California residents will need to shop for an MBI, while the rest of the country will need to shop for a VSC when looking for extra protection for their vehicle.
  • Regulation: A VSC is not governed by the DOI, whereas MBI is.

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
I have the same issue with FP. No ADD SERVICE on the bottom of the app.
Same here. The add service button used to be there, now it's gone. I haven't checked often enough to isolate when it disappeared.

nrmedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost 302A; 2023 Tacoma TRD Pro
Mines jacked up too.

Ford F-150 Entering Oil Change in Ford App DA434060-52FE-4988-919B-7A870F4069E8

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I believe the answer to your question is yes, that is correct. A few years ago I took the wife's '08 Escape to the dealer we bought the car from for a problem, they had record of the "extended warranty" in the vehicle history. I assumed it was a Ford extended warranty because I bought it from them when we bought the car. I remember them saying "I see you have a third party warranty with So-And-So MBI". It was something like Mechanic's Choice MBI. Normally I retain all that sort of stuff, but could not find the paperwork for the extended warranty other. I was surprised to hear it was third party, but it didn't really matter it covered the repair.
In CA, the MBI is governed by the Dept. Of Insurance (sigh...).
A quick interwebs device search:
California Warranty Laws
The strict laws in California carefully regulate:
  • Who sells warranties
  • What extended warranty contracts can contain
  • What extended warranties are called
  • Provider: VSC is provided by anyone besides the manufacturer and may be sold by the dealership or licensed provider. MBI is a contract with an insurance company and can be sold by a licensed insurance company or certain third-party providers.
  • Availability: California residents will need to shop for an MBI, while the rest of the country will need to shop for a VSC when looking for extra protection for their vehicle.
  • Regulation: A VSC is not governed by the DOI, whereas MBI is.
The reason you probably don't have the warranty paper work is because they didn't actually give you any extended warranty paperwork. They likely did this on purpose since the warranty wasn't from Ford. I also learned that the hard way. You cannot assume you are getting an OEM warranty even at a dealership representing the OEM. That seems very shady to me. Yes, I should have made sure I knew what I was purchasing, but I never thought that they would be selling me an off-brand warranty.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
FordPass has been updated. (4.23.1) Service history is now fixed. All is well……for now.
I just had a look and I am showing 4.23.0 on my phone and when I went to Google Play it is showing the same version. Where did you get 4.23.1 ?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I just had a look and I am showing 4.23.0 on my phone and when I went to Google Play it is showing the same version. Where did you get 4.23.1 ?
I had a notification from the Apple App Store that an update was available. Maybe it hasn’t rolled out yet to Android?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I was thinking you had Apple.... will wait and see. Thanks

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I just made the apple update and mine still doesn't have it. works on owners.ford.com though!

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The reason you probably don't have the warranty paper work is because they didn't actually give you any extended warranty paperwork. They likely did this on purpose since the warranty wasn't from Ford. I also learned that the hard way. You cannot assume you are getting an OEM warranty even at a dealership representing the OEM. That seems very shady to me. Yes, I should have made sure I knew what I was purchasing, but I never thought that they would be selling me an off-brand warranty.
I did have the warranty paper work/booklet the dealer provided. I found it after the above mentioned escapade which was a few years ago at least. I remember clearly it was a third party, which confirmed what the dealer told me and reiterated my surprise. And I 100% agree with you " Yes, I should have made sure I knew what I was purchasing, but I never thought that they would be selling me an off-brand warranty."
a perfect example of Buyer Beware! To be fair, they likely have to disclose because you have to sign for it because it is an insurance policy (thanks CA). And they probably did. But it was 14 years ago, that memory seems to have been purged.
After looking for it yesterday in the car and the maintenance/repair folder and not finding it, I do sort of remember deciding I didn't need it anymore once the coverage period expired. The wife reminded me that I am known for doing that sort of stuff.
It's moot? Why keep it?

Apologies to all for hijacking the Oil Change in Ford App thread
Sponsored