Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
I have the 3.5 and it always has a rough idle with or without the ac on. I have 8,000 miles on it now. Runs good, but the idle is noticeable.
i've only had mine for 629 miles before a coolant line supplying the tranny failed, but mine idles roughly too. I haven't looked at the cylinder firing order, but it feels like it's a firing order idle shudder to me. But I've been wrong before...
Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
My current 2016 Eco has done this for years. Never had a problem.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Had the dealer look at mine yesterday. According to them the computer said its fine, had the service advisor come out when I went to leave cause another issue the computer didnt direct them to that I mentioned popped up. I had the advisor sit in my driver seat and asked him do you feel your seat shaking right now? He goes yeah what is that? Its my idle I asked you to look at. Oh the computer said its fine.

I contacted Ford directly and they recommend bringing it to another dealership to address my issues, so next week off to another dealer.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Do you mind me asking what number you used to contact Ford?

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I’m new to the F-150 and the 3.5L EcoBoost. I love the acceleration, but I notice that when I’m idling the RPMs generally sit at 700 (0.7k). Then it will occasionally pulse up or down by 100 RPMs and I feel a little vibration/rattle. Can anyone tell me if this normal and to be expected?
My 2015 with the 3.5 does this same thing when I have the AC on.

Sponsored

CaelebCandon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
2021 3.5 EcoB. About 4k miles.

From time to time when I come to a stop light my engine shakes a bit, feels about the same as the shake from the auto start/stop, but in these cases it shakes a bit but doesn't shut off. Not sure if that is the same thing OP is describing.

GoDawgs2008

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
soon to be F150
Same here. Very inconsistently though.. Sometimes I get the shudder at idle, sometimes perfectly smooth...

Closest thing I can compare it to is my cammed WS6 at idle. Just shaking away... I'm not particularly annoyed or concerned by it but will prob bring it up to the dealer next time I'm in.

Reactions: Don

E.alleg

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150xl 4x4
Occupation
Auto shop owner
Mine does it too 3.5eb 1600 miles. Idles like it's got a vacuum leak it's the nature of them I drove a couple different ones all the same. Ford isn't going to richen the idle because of epa regs so as long as there's no cel it's good but I imagine injecting some more fuel at idle would really help.

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
Mine feels a little rocky if it shuts down at a red light and then starts back up for whatever reason. It'll run a little rougher for a few seconds. All the more reason to disable that shit.

uga40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT, 3.5L Ecoboost
Mine does this. Not constantly, but i do notice a rough idle at times

Sponsored

jmacd

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 HDPP, Stone Gray
So, my 2021 with 3,800 miles on it, has the same periodic rough idle. Does feel like a vacuum leak. More annoying than concerning. Otherwise, this is my best Ford truck in a long line!

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Mine feels a little rocky if it shuts down at a red light and then starts back up for whatever reason. It'll run a little rougher for a few seconds. All the more reason to disable that shit.
I know someone that has a Ford (not a truck) and she has the same thing. She said it has to do with the battery and you can turn it off if you want, so essentially when you come to a stop sign your car shifts into some gas saving mode and switches to battery. Then when you start back up and goes into gas.

Reactions: Don

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Since new (only had 16 miles) last friday, it has been doing this shaking.. RPM's are idling at 0.5K. Very odd behaviour, never had ANY car shake at idle like this.

HOnestly i dont mind it, as long as it doesnt break down on me.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Since new (only had 16 miles) last friday, it has been doing this shaking.. RPM's are idling at 0.5K. Very odd behaviour, never had ANY car shake at idle like this.

HOnestly i dont mind it, as long as it doesnt break down on me.
Same here. Mine is in the shop right now and they are taking a look at it. Apparently Ford doesn't count door vibration but I think my seats vibrate enough to be above whatever they call normal. If not I will be selling mine.

2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost vibration - YouTube

I have had some non-Ford mechanics look at it and they think its a motor mount, trans mount or flywheel issue.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Same here. Mine is in the shop right now and they are taking a look at it. Apparently Ford doesn't count door vibration but I think my seats vibrate enough to be above whatever they call normal. If not I will be selling mine.

2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost vibration - YouTube

I have had some non-Ford mechanics look at it and they think its a motor mount, trans mount or flywheel issue.
Honestly, given my truck is a two year lease, as long as it isn't going to break down on me.. It doesn't bother me.
Sponsored