First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 5.0
Occupation
Air Force
Does anyone know the correct Forscan section to enable the running lights on the tow mirrors? My puddle lights and turn indicators work perfectly. Heat and power adjust work. My spot will not work due to not having the switch or module but the running lights or strip I am unable to get working. I have searched and tried but unable to find the correct setting.
Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd
Just got back from dealer. Tow mirrors installed just fine and all existing features (BLIS, heat, turn signals, puddle lights, spotlights) were plug'n'play... except... "we can't activate the trailer mirror running lights because we don't have that option in FDRS [the Ford dealer software app]... but you can probably do it yourself in Forscan... but if you use Forscan you may void your warranty". So that was awesome.

I sat there and said "you're putting a Ford part on a Ford vehicle but don't have the option to activate one of the features of that part?".
"Correct."

Can anyone verify that a dealer cannot activate trailer mirror running/marker lights that come on when headlights are on?

Last edited:

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
I wouldn't even both with the dealer to have the running lights turned on if you have forscan and the pigtail to make it work.
I did mine myself and it took less than 5 minutes. To turn them on in conjunction with the running lights I overwrote the code in the bdycm module with the following
726-40-01-xxxx-xx01-xxxx

Note you ignore the values that are populated in Forscan for the X values.

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd
I wouldn't even both with the dealer to have the running lights turned on if you have forscan and the pigtail to make it work.
I did mine myself and it took less than 5 minutes. To turn them on in conjunction with the running lights I overwrote the code in the bdycm module with the following
726-40-01-xxxx-xx01-xxxx

Well, I'm buying the connector and Forscan program license for mostly this reason... and double honk key out, Bambi, etc etc while I'm at it. Feel like i'm back in college in Forscan 101 class today studying the spreadsheet and walkthroughs. Maybe 102 tomorrow :p

THANK YOU, Bullett! That's just the confirmation I needed.

FSUDrew99

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
726-40-01-xxxx-xx01-xxxx

good to know. I ordered a set today and will have the dealer install them and program them when they arrive. My truck doesn’t come with a 360 camera but the tow mirrors come with the cameras. My question to Ford was is there a way to program the side cameras to work in conjunction with my rear camera once installed? So when backing up it will show the sides and rear view camera, just not the front as I don’t have it obviously.

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
Well, I'm buying the connector and Forscan program license for mostly this reason... and double honk key out, Bambi, etc etc while I'm at it. Feel like i'm back in college in Forscan 101 class today studying the spreadsheet and walkthroughs. Maybe 102 tomorrow :p

THANK YOU, Bullett! That's just the confirmation I needed.
Bambi mode is an awesome upgrade for sure.
just make sure you back up your original values, that way if something goes south you have the option to restore the values to what came from the factory

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd
Reporting in... picked up a OBDLink EX dongle, downloaded a free trial version of Forscan, changed 726-40-01-xxxx-xx01-xxxx the digits in red, clicked "Write", all lights flashed then tow mirror running lights came on as hoped. All set!

Will tinker with some other Forscan upgrades in the coming weeks, but thanks for your help here with the tow mirror install, guys!

Sponsored

Umeuph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
Tangent question for you: when you had your mirrors installed, did they include the power extend feature? I’ve had tow mirrors installed and every function works except for the power extend. I also need to get my turn signals working correctly (instead of just the 2 dot turn signal)…

FSUDrew99

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Tangent question for you: when you had your mirrors installed, did they include the power extend feature? I’ve had tow mirrors installed and every function works except for the power extend. I also need to get my turn signals working correctly (instead of just the 2 dot turn signal)…
Since my truck didn’t come with tow mirrors the wiring harness isn’t in the truck for the factory power extend/telescope. I already looked into it with ford and their wiring diagram at the dealer. So I left out my new door trim panel with that switch on it. My turn signals are OEM and not switchbacks so you will have the standard back corner turn signal not the whole side marker unless you upgrade aftermarket side markers to switchbacks.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
Since my truck didn’t come with tow mirrors the wiring harness isn’t in the truck for the factory power extend/telescope. I already looked into it with ford and their wiring diagram at the dealer. So I left out my new door trim panel with that switch on it. My turn signals are OEM and not switchbacks so you will have the standard back corner turn signal not the whole side marker unless you upgrade aftermarket side markers to switchbacks.
you Have a king ranch and it didn’t have the plug in the door already. That’s odd. My lariat had it when I removed the window switch trim it was there. It was plugged into a dummy spot where the switch goes on the new trim piece. My lariat had regular mirrors from the factory.

Umeuph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
you Have a king ranch and it didn’t have the plug in the door already. That’s odd. My lariat had it when I removed the window switch trim it was there. It was plugged into a dummy spot where the switch goes on the new trim piece. My lariat had regular mirrors from the factory.
So your tow mirrors are extending properly? Could you say a little more about what you had to do with the plug to get things working?

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
So your tow mirrors are extending properly? Could you say a little more about what you had to do with the plug to get things working?
I bought the ml3z17696da kit that has both mirrors plus trim and switch. I put both mirrors on and removed the window switch trim piece from the driver door panel. And swapped the window switch to the new trim and plugged in the extend switch and it worked. The plug was there already.

Ford F-150 Enable Tow Mirror Running Lights D2240947-E35E-4426-95B9-0EBF6EB0FB41
Ford F-150 Enable Tow Mirror Running Lights 1B1DF23A-2617-407A-A663-D917386F0E82
Sponsored