First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Installed new tow mirrors (power fold, power telescope, blis, camera etc) on my truck today. My trick is a king ranch and had power fold standard mirrors. The tow mirrors came with a new door switch panel that has the power telescope, but obviously my door wiring harness doesn’t have the plug in the door for that. Is it something that can be added without going through buying all new door wiring harnesses etc? If not then I’ll leave them as is with the power fold option only on the door switch cluster.
Sponsored

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
Any progress on this? Do you by chance have the part numbers for the updated power fold/telescope switch?

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Installed new tow mirrors (power fold, power telescope, blis, camera etc) on my truck today. My trick is a king ranch and had power fold standard mirrors. The tow mirrors came with a new door switch panel that has the power telescope, but obviously my door wiring harness doesn’t have the plug in the door for that. Is it something that can be added without going through buying all new door wiring harnesses etc? If not then I’ll leave them as is with the power fold option only on the door switch cluster.
based on my knowledge, the harness should be a simple plug n play with the new switch panel. Can you attach links to where you got your tow mirrors btw?

Onn2dwill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 King Ranch
I'm new to the forum. I ordered a 2022 King Ranch in August of 2021. It just arrived yesterday. Unfortunately I have the opposite problem. I ordered my new truck with regular mirrors and it showed up with tow trailer mirrors. As you can imagine I'm pretty bummed as I didn't want tow mirrors. My question is when you did the exchange on your truck was the wiring harness the same? I don't want to have them take it back as I don't want to wait another 9 months for a truck.

Ford F-150 Enable tow mirror power telescope user_online
Ford F-150 Enable tow mirror power telescope report

Sponsored

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
I'm new to the forum. I ordered a 2022 King Ranch in August of 2021. It just arrived yesterday. Unfortunately I have the opposite problem. I ordered my new truck with regular mirrors and it showed up with tow trailer mirrors. As you can imagine I'm pretty bummed as I didn't want tow mirrors. My question is when you did the exchange on your truck was the wiring harness the same? I don't want to have them take it back as I don't want to wait another 9 months for a truck.

You have it pretty easy.. it’s easier to go from tow mirrors to regular mirrors then the other way around.

user_online.gif
report.gif

Onn2dwill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 King Ranch
Thanks for the help. My thoughts are the tow trailer mirrors I have now have a 22 pin connection and if I find the same options for a standard chrome mirror with similar features it will just plug and play?

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
I honestly would give it a bit before you take off the tow mirrors. It’s personal preference of course but you might regret it afterwards. The regular mirrors are tiny. I wish I would have spent the 250 for the tow mirrors.

KJLars

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Sport 4x4
Occupation
retired

user_online.gif
report.gif
Are the mirrors that came on your truck the powered version or the manual version?
Sponsored