• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Electrify America Will Double Its EV Charging Network by 2025

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
the Ford Navigation software is linked to the charging stations in real time and can tell you the operational and in-use status of the chargers at each station.
That is a great feature! I understand that EA chargers will recognize your vehicle the moment you plug in just like Tesla.

My question though is will EA know you are a Pass+ member when you plug in so you get the lower rate?
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
That is a great feature! I understand that EA chargers will recognize your vehicle the moment you plug in just like Tesla.

My question though is will EA know you are a Pass+ member when you plug in so you get the lower rate?
My understanding is that with the mach-e, no. Plug and charge requires a ford account and they currently don't have a way to link to your EA account. I would imagine they will make this happen eventually, or Ford will have a membership that gets you a discount to the Ford 'network'

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
My understanding is that with the mach-e, no. Plug and charge requires a ford account and they currently don't have a way to link to your EA account. I would imagine they will make this happen eventually, or Ford will have a membership that gets you a discount to the Ford 'network'
That is correct. Ford will have its own version of the EA Pass+ account with a comparable discount. It's just not up yet.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Wish there was a way to "kick" out and move the EV cars that hog up the charge spot after their charging is done.
Many times I reach the public pay charge stations and they are all finished charging or else a car that that is not BEV or PHEV is parked there.
Lack of enforcement is my concern.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
As I understand it, the vehicle continues to get charged after their session is complete. They are motivated to move it.

For and ICE car in my spot I would call a towing company in a heartbeat to move it out of a space.

However, It's such a low percentage event that I will charge away from home I am not the least bit concerned.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
As I understand it, the vehicle continues to get charged after their session is complete. They are motivated to move it.
That depends on the charging network. With EA, after you reach 80% (or whatever is the end of high speed charging), your car continues to get charged at 12kW at the standard per kWh cost. That could be a couple of hours. Once you are at 100%, you have 10 min grace period, and then idle fees start at $0.40/min.

Free level 2 chargers that don't require logging in (e.g. Volta Charging) could be a problem. There is no incentive to move, and posted limits aren't enforced.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Lack of enforcement is my concern.
Most of the chargers do charge idle fees to address the issue. About all they can do, these are not manned stations.

Haven't seen it as a current problem with EA, Tesla, EVgo etc. Most I've had was the Chademo was being used by a Leaf but now I have the Tesla CCS1 adapter so I can charge at any of the EA stalls, most are currently empty.

EA and EVgo are building out more and financing for 500,000 if Infrastructure bill is passed so chargers should stay ahead of chargees for next couple years.
Sponsored