First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Cabinet guy
Update: a guy on another post mentioned the TRM. I combined the trailer jack and trailer plugs into one and it works great now. Even works when not plugged in.

Hi! I’ve searched the internet and stopped at 2 dealerships. I’m trying to get my electric trailer jack to work through the 7 pin connector m. In my old truck it came with a fuse I had to install, but this one didn’t.
I’ve tried using pro power, I’ve been through the fuses, the dealerships didn’t know. I tried making sure the door was closed, leaving the key in the truck, plugging in the trailer until it shows connected then swapping them. I set up a profile for the jack, I hooked up the pro assist, and I can’t get it to work. Do any of you guys have an idea of something else I can try?

Ford F-150 Electric trailer jack not working **fixed** 7DA1B5CB-0705-4980-95AF-832E16EF5909

Ford F-150 Electric trailer jack not working **fixed** 8F8A4857-7672-4968-A829-B6093D056BBA
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King ranch power boost
Does your trailer have a 12 V battery? If so Does jack work when you’re not plugged into the truck ?

OP
OP
Drmadeit

Drmadeit

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Cabinet guy
Does your trailer have a 12 V battery? If so Does jack work when you’re not plugged into the truck ?
It does have a 12v battery for the brake. No it doesn’t work when it’s not plugged into the truck

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King ranch power boost
Interesting all the travel trailers, toy haulers have their own battery to run 12 V lights etc, and operate the electric jack. That I’ve owned. when I plug-in to the truck it will charge the 12 V battery on the trailer. I’m assuming you have a 7 Pin hook up? I’ve never seen the Jack hooked into the lighting wires. My smaller trailers with electric jacks have a small separate battery for the breakaway brakes

OP
OP
Drmadeit

Drmadeit

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Cabinet guy
Interesting all the travel trailers, toy haulers have their own battery to run 12 V lights etc, and operate the electric jack. That I’ve owned. when I plug-in to the truck it will charge the 12 V battery on the trailer. I’m assuming you have a 7 Pin hook up? I’ve never seen the Jack hooked into the lighting wires. My smaller trailers with electric jacks have a small separate battery for the breakaway brakes
Someone on a Facebook post mentioned the TRM. So I combined the plugs into one and now it works off the battery and charges when I’m plugged in.

Sponsored

Twilighthan

First Name
Twilight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hi. Sorry.... What's TRM? And which plugs did you combine?

Thank you!

Jay817

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT
Lariat

I put the black wire from the jack with the red wire for the trailer and put white to white
Question:

you wired the leveling jack to the battery?

The previous owner of my trailer is able to run the leveling jack hooked up to his Chevy but it will not work plugged in to my f150..any suggestions on how to get this to work?

thanks.

redduke916

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
RV technician
As Bird of prey mentioned Leveling jacks should be connected to the TT battery through an in-line fuse. You should not have to hook up a vehicle to make the jack work. The job of the 12V from the truck is to charge the TT battery while it is running. Your jack is hooked up incorrectly.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
As Bird of prey mentioned Leveling jacks should be connected to the TT battery through an in-line fuse. You should not have to hook up a vehicle to make the jack work. The job of the 12V from the truck is to charge the TT battery while it is running. Your jack is hooked up incorrectly.
or your battery disconnect is on(open) the TT

Jay817

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT
Question:

you wired the leveling jack to the battery?

The previous owner of my trailer is able to run the leveling jack hooked up to his Chevy but it will not work plugged in to my f150..any suggestions on how to get this to work?

thanks.
Thanks!

Lakinzo

First Name
Zoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Crown Victoria
Occupation
Budget manager
Installation this Quick Products electric tongue jack complete and time to test the jacks speed and power. Hit the switch and the jack jumps into action. Under no load moves very quick. The weight of the camper slows it down a bit, but in no way, shape or form does it seem to strain. My camper is a 2006, 35 foot Montana with two slides and by no means a light load. This one moved it up and down effortlessly. As for the noise, I use to make more noise than this jack does when I had to crank it up and down several times by hand, through the set up process.

Last edited:

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
How do you level the TT when not connected to the tow vehicle?
Sponsored