• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Ford F-150 Lightning E-150 (Electric F-150 EV) Design Teased + Prototype Test Video & Facts Electric F-150-EV

Yesterday, Ford dropped this first official teaser image of the production electric F-150 and it reveals a design that will be unique from rest of the 14th gen lineup. The electric F-150 feature a modern-looking full-width LED lightbar and daytime running lights. Also seen are small main headlight units and a rectangular grille. The F-150 EV's hood appears to look similar in shape to the regular F-150.

Ford also released the video below showing the electric F-150 prototype undergoing testing (with a 13th gen body). Ford has announced today that the electric F-150 will be the most powerful F-150 yet.

Other facts:

The electric F-150, which is undergoing tens of thousands of hours of torture testing and targeting millions of simulated, laboratory and real world test miles, will be more powerful than any F-150 available today and deliver commercial and personal customers the lowest expected lifetime total cost of operation among F-Series trucks. Additionally:
  • Ford will debut new technology on the electric F-150 that allows mobile power generation so customers can use their trucks as a power source for places from campsites to jobsites when needed
  • The all-electric F-150 will feature dual electric motors targeted to deliver more horsepower and torque than any F-150 available today, the fastest acceleration, and the ability to tow heavy trailers
  • Electric vehicles including the electric F-150 require significantly less maintenance than a typical gasoline engine, creating more than 40 percent savings for its lifetime total cost of operation
  • A giant front trunk on the electric F-150 adds even more cargo-carrying versatility and security to help protect and move valuable items
  • Like the rest of the all-new F-150 lineup, the electric F-150 will continuously improve over time with fast over-the-air updates
Sponsored

Last edited:

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
The RANGE will be EVERYTHING..

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I agree.

Itā€˜s all about the range especially when hauling or towing.

I donā€™t tow anything or haul much so if it can achieve 350-500 Miles between charges, Iā€™m all in.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Absolutely. The range while pulling a trailer. The extremely slow times at most filling stations is the killer. Over time, the faster charging stations will become more plentiful and technology will cut charge times, but right now, this is the Achilles heel of electric trucks.

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
why do they need to make it look weird? just make it look like a regular Gen14 F150, that is my one problem with electric trucks, Cybertruck, Rivian, Nikola, they all look weird and unnatural. Just make a normal looking truck.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Absolutely. The range while pulling a trailer. The extremely slow times at most filling stations is the killer. Over time, the faster charging stations will become more plentiful and technology will cut charge times, but right now, this is the Achilles heel of electric trucks.
It's not just the time to charge which is a pain in the butt, it's the lack of pull-thru charging stations. Until that's rectified, those of us who tow an airstream or other travel trailer can't even begin to consider an electric tow vehicle (No one wants to constantly detach and reattach a travel trailer every time we need to charge).

I'm a huge Tesla proponent and my former Model S and current Model 3 are two of the best cars I've ever owned, without question. But until Tesla or another provider begins to lease space from major truck stops along interstates for pull-thru charging, I'm going to be sticking with the new hybrid (on order) for towing cross country.

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
It's not just the time to charge which is a pain in the butt, it's the lack of pull-thru charging stations. Until that's rectified, those of us who tow an airstream or other travel trailer can't even begin to consider an electric tow vehicle (No one wants to constantly detach and reattach a travel trailer every time we need to charge).

I'm a huge Tesla proponent and my former Model S and current Model 3 are two of the best cars I've ever owned, without question. But until Tesla or another provider begins to lease space from major truck stops along interstates for pull-thru charging, I'm going to be sticking with the new hybrid (on order) for towing cross country.
Totally. I actually don't want to stop at all, since I tow a horse trailer and stopping with horses on board for longer than a few minutes is a pita. As long as I can get 300 miles on a single charge, I can make it at least to the nearest vet hospital.
Sponsored