Sponsored

Blurb

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Tuned Audi A5; 21 GC-L; 23 Explorer; 23 F150
Just wanted to post this out there for others who may be interested I will update and provide my impressions once they are on the truck.

Pre-level front is 37.25" and rear is 40.25" from ground to lower fender well over centerline of wheel and tire. Planning on a 2.5" so should be nearly level with 1/2" rake maintained...may try for 2.75" if lift in the front and level to within 1/4"

Ordered the Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2R coilover kit from Hotshot Offroad, phenominal experience. Ordered Monday evening around 5:30pm or so. Shipment arrived 12:27pm Tuesday!! Less than 24 hrs (substantially) WOW! cannot overstate that I am impressed...small forum discount...not huge but better than not getting any discount so extra thumbs up to them!

I was originally leaning towards the Fox 2.0 kit but after discussion with the Hotshot Rep decided to go with Eibach...I will post my thoughts on ride quality once installed later in this thread

Current upgrades on truck:
Tuxmat floor mats - love these so much more than carpet or Weather Guard
Rear wheel fenders - cleans up the look by not being able to see the undercarriage
Blacked out Ford emblems on front and rear
Removed ugly ass stickers on rear quarter panels
Removed ugly ass dealer stickers on tailgate
Stubby antenna
Beg Rug full bed liner
Ford logo'd soft cover - this was a mistake should have gotten hard cover will be replacing soon
Tinted all windows except windshield - don't remember level but rear is limo front 2 are pretty dark but not limo
Passenger side oil catch can - hardly any blow-by but better safe than sorry

Planned:
Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2R coilover
Larger Tires on stock wheels

Couple of pictures before level
Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150 pre level 1

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150 pre level 2

Pics of package before install

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150 pre level 1 coilover

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150 pre level 2 rear resi

Well scheduled for installation Wednesday morning at a local shop. Will let you know how it goes! Hopefully more pics added tomorrow with complete level.

UPDATE

Shout out to @Hotshot Offroad

Got the kit installed today. Pays to have a good relationship with your local shop as they got me in at 9:00am this morning. Called at 2pm to tell me it was ready for pickup. Less than 48 hrs from order to install!!

First impressions. Love the look. Much more imposing even with stock tires. I was surprised how well they filled the wheel well but I am obviously going to get 35's as soon as I decide which ones to get. I'll get to that in a moment. Need to adjust the headlights down a bit. Does anyone know what the spec is for the headlights? Like focused beam height at 10 feet or something? gonna need to google that....

The ride so far seems very compliant. It still feels like a truck. I only have driven it about 4 miles back but I took it down some roads that are pretty torn up and in poor condition. Previously with the stock suspension there was a bit of jitteriness from the rear and it felt a bit hoppy at times in the front. With the Eibachs installed, it felt very planted and the bounciness was dramatically reduced. Can't wait to see how it does at higher speeds and handle the highway. I am hoping there is still level of cushiness that was there previously but I will report back once I have more miles under my belt with the level. Off road testing will need to wait until I have my tires and can get out into the country and some trails.

I am scheduled for an alignment tomorrow morning. I noticed a slight pull to the left and the steering wheel slightly off center after the installation. The shop I was at did a great job at getting it close but alignments are not something they are very good at...I wasn't charged for one. I want to take it to one with a full rack to put it on and get it dialed in correctly.

First pic is at shop before I got in it.

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150-post-level-at-shop-

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150-post-level-2-

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150-post-level-rear-1-

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150-post-level-suspension-angles-

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150-post-level-rear-resi-2-

So next up is what tires to get. I am leaning towards the new Michelin Defender LTX Platinum. I have looked at a lot of hybrid tires and honestly these have a pretty aggressive sidewall for the look I want as well as the functionality I will need. Probably 90% of use will be on road and highway miles so I do not want anything with a lot of road noise and the Michelin seem like a good compromise between aesthetics and functionality. This is my current tire thought: leader is Michelin but the next 3 are not in any order

1. Michelin Defender LTX Platinum
2. Toyo AT3
3. Falken Wildpeak AT3W
4. BF Goodrich KO3

Any thoughts from folks that have these on their rides? My concern about the Michelin is the off road capability....not sure there is really any there...but how much do I really need?

That's all for today. I'll update tomorrow when I have the alignment done and have a few more miles in the driver's seat.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Hotshot Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Derrick and Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotshotoffroad.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Glad I could help get them to you so quickly! Its not ALWAYS that quick; but you were at a prime location and with it being our last one on the shelf, we wanted to get it all squared away. Thanks for the support! Definitely keep us posted on the install pics and overall ride! Shoot us a message if you get any questions or need anything else. We are following this to see how it turns out!
-Derrick

Cheeeese

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Very interested. Sad to see the “ last one on the shelf” part though!

OP
OP
Blurb

Blurb

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Got the kit installed today. Pays to have a good relationship with your local shop as they got me in at 9:00am this morning. Called at 2pm to tell me it was ready for pickup. Less than 48 hrs from order to install!!

First impressions. Love the look. Much more imposing even with stock tires. I was surprised how well they filled the wheel well but I am obviously going to get 35's as soon as I decide which ones to get. I'll get to that in a moment. Need to adjust the headlights down a bit. Does anyone know what the spec is for the headlights? Like focused beam height at 10 feet or something? gonna need to google that....

The ride so far seems very compliant. It still feels like a truck. I only have driven it about 4 miles back but I took it down some roads that are pretty torn up and in poor condition. Previously with the stock suspension there was a bit of jitteriness from the rear and it felt a bit hoppy at times in the front. With the Eibachs installed, it felt very planted and the bounciness was dramatically reduced. Can't wait to see how it does at higher speeds and handle the highway. I am hoping there is still level of cushiness that was there previously but I will report back once I have more miles under my belt with the level. Off road testing will need to wait until I have my tires and can get out into the country and some trails.

I am scheduled for an alignment tomorrow morning. I noticed a slight pull to the left and the steering wheel slightly off center after the installation. The shop I was at did a great job at getting it close but alignments are not something they are very good at...I wasn't charged for one. I want to take it to one with a full rack to put it on and get it dialed in correctly.

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150 post level at sho

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150 post level 2
Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150 post level rear 1
Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150 post level suspension angles
Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck Stage 2R Coilover Level Kit installed on 2023 F-150 f150 post level rear resi 2

So next up is what tires to get. I am leaning towards the new Michelin Defender LTX Platinum. I have looked at a lot of hybrid tires and honestly these have a pretty aggressive sidewall for the look I want as well as the functionality I will need. Probably 90% of use will be on road and highway miles so I do not want anything with a lot of road noise and the Michelin seem like a good compromise between aesthetics and functionality. This is my current tire thought: leader is Michelin but the next 3 are not in any order

2. Toyo AT3
3. Falken Wildpeak AT3W
4. BF Goodrich KO3

Any thoughts from folks that have these on their rides? My concern about the Michelin is the off road capability....not sure there is really any there...but how much do I really need?

That's all for today. I'll update tomorrow when I have the alignment done and have a few more miles in the driver's seat.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
If you're looking at an A/T tire as "tame" looking as those Michelins, I'd look at the Yokohama Geolandar AT G15 too. Much less expensive and I really like my 33s. I have the same Eibach setup as you but with 25k miles. Really happy with them both. Nice truck!

OP
OP
Blurb

Blurb

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was very much on the fence until I saw this video and thought it didn't look nearly as tame as I might have initially thought....now it is definitely not super aggressive but certainly a step up from the dynapro garbage I currently have

I spent 4 months deciding between 3 level kits; I am scared how long it will take for me to decide on tires :)

Cheeeese

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
This post pushed me over the edge and went for it! Ordered the kit from @Hotshot Offroad and they are great to work with! Can’t wait to get the nose of my truck up where it needs to be!

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

f150 post level at shop.jpg

f150 post level 2.jpg
f150 post level rear 1.jpg
f150 post level suspension angles.jpg
f150 post level rear resi 2.jpg

2. Toyo AT3
3. Falken Wildpeak AT3W
4. BF Goodrich KO3

Im running Toyo AT3s and like them a lot!! Maybe look at the Cooper AT3 XLT another great tire!

Sponsored

Rod Bender

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 3.5 eb
Occupation
Retired (7 years from UCD) electrician
Just wanted to post this out there for others who may be interested I will update and provide my impressions once they are on the truck.

Pre-level front is 37.25" and rear is 40.25" from ground to lower fender well over centerline of wheel and tire. Planning on a 2.5" so should be nearly level with 1/2" rake maintained...may try for 2.75" if lift in the front and level to within 1/4"

Ordered the Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2R coilover kit from Hotshot Offroad, phenominal experience. Ordered Monday evening around 5:30pm or so. Shipment arrived 12:27pm Tuesday!! Less than 24 hrs (substantially) WOW! cannot overstate that I am impressed...small forum discount...not huge but better than not getting any discount so extra thumbs up to them!

I was originally leaning towards the Fox 2.0 kit but after discussion with the Hotshot Rep decided to go with Eibach...I will post my thoughts on ride quality once installed later in this thread

Current upgrades on truck:
Tuxmat floor mats - love these so much more than carpet or Weather Guard
Rear wheel fenders - cleans up the look by not being able to see the undercarriage
Blacked out Ford emblems on front and rear
Removed ugly ass stickers on rear quarter panels
Removed ugly ass dealer stickers on tailgate
Stubby antenna
Beg Rug full bed liner
Ford logo'd soft cover - this was a mistake should have gotten hard cover will be replacing soon
Tinted all windows except windshield - don't remember level but rear is limo front 2 are pretty dark but not limo
Passenger side oil catch can - hardly any blow-by but better safe than sorry

Planned:
Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2R coilover
Larger Tires on stock wheels

Couple of pictures before level
f150 pre level 1.jpg

f150 pre level 2.jpg

Pics of package before install

f150 pre level 1 coilover.jpg

f150 pre level 2 rear resi.jpg

Well scheduled for installation Wednesday morning at a local shop. Will let you know how it goes! Hopefully more pics added tomorrow with complete level.

UPDATE

f150-post-level-at-shop-jpg.jpg

f150-post-level-2-jpg.jpg

f150-post-level-rear-1-jpg.jpg

f150-post-level-suspension-angles-jpg.jpg

f150-post-level-rear-resi-2-jpg.jpg

2. Toyo AT3
3. Falken Wildpeak AT3W
4. BF Goodrich KO3

I used the exact same front shocks up front when I got my 2023 last July. Looking to getting rid of my stock pair, maybe 50 miles on them. Not sure if there is a market form them.

EcoB259

First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT S Crew
Occupation
Retired
I went with the fox2.5 upfront with 2.0 rears I had the Nitto Recons on at 295/60/20 but with the fuel wheels the offset was causing a very slight rub in reverse at full lock only.
I sold the Nittos and put stock size AT3 on the truck and no rubbing. So if you get wheels watch the offset.
as for the tires either set is very quiet and vibration free. Both good in rain. I stay on road 85% but if I slip off to drop a line in the water I won’t have any problems with these tires. I really like the looks of the Michelins Hope that helps.

Warden95

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost FX4 302A Max tow
I have the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. They are considered an on road all terrain but have an aggressive look. They run very quiet and I’ve been happy with them so far.

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Heads up on tires and retailers. Typically the big box stores or national chains will only install tires that match the manufacturers size and spec. You likely will have to go elsewhere to get taller shoes supplied and installed.
Sponsored