First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
That’s the first I’ve heard of the engine options having different struts. So if you install factory 3.5EB struts on a 5.0 you should get 3/4” of lift?
That’s really going to throw off the charts for adjustable clip style strut replacements. :oops:
No I don't believe they have different struts, what's going on is that we are all using 15-20 kits on our 21s which is perfectly fine and they fit but the measurements are off now because of the change in the geometry of the new 21 model. That is why Roush advises to lower 5/8 inch on their fox coil over kits to get a true 2 inch lift. That means that setting our struts at the 2 inch setting is realistically giving us about 2 5/8 inch lift which makes perfect sense. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this so far. I am using the bilstein 5100 leveled struts with different height settings similar to the eibach kit and I also set mine at the 2 inch setting and got about 2 1/2 ish lift after it settling. So if you want 2 inches of lift only, then I would think you can set it at the 1.5 setting but only way to find out is for someone to install it at that setting. I didn't want to pay double labor to take them out and change them again so I left mine as is as well. Loving the perfectly leveled stance though!
Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I’m looking for 2 3/4” personally. I’m wanting 295/60R20’s with 0 offset wheels. Which is just enough to not work on a 2” level without having some decent cutting done. Hoping the eibach’s are a perfect fit for what I’m going for
O off set is that in ward or out ward?

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
No I don't believe they have different struts, what's going on is that we are all using 15-20 kits on our 21s which is perfectly fine and they fit but the measurements are off now because of the change in the geometry of the new 21 model. That is why Roush advises to lower 5/8 inch on their fox coil over kits to get a true 2 inch lift. That means that setting our struts at the 2 inch setting is realistically giving us about 2 5/8 inch lift which makes perfect sense. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this so far. I am using the bilstein 5100 leveled struts with different height settings similar to the eibach kit and I also set mine at the 2 inch setting and got about 2 1/2 ish lift after it settling. So if you want 2 inches of lift only, then I would think you can set it at the 1.5 setting but only way to find out is for someone to install it at that setting. I didn't want to pay double labor to take them out and change them again so I left mine as is as well. Loving the perfectly leveled stance though!
I totally agree, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing this up.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
I totally agree, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing this up.
No problem! Hopefully someone can test this theory!

Reactions: Geo

Sponsored

Captain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
I’m really leaning toward a threaded body coilover after hearing all this. I don’t want to have to mess around a bunch to get the height I want. Especially when you take into account springs settling. I’m probably going for the Firestone lifetime alignment too.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
I’m really leaning toward a threaded body coilover after hearing all this. I don’t want to have to mess around a bunch to get the height I want. Especially when you take into account springs settling. I’m probably going for the Firestone lifetime alignment too.
That would be a good plan but I don't think the coil overs are adjustable once they're on the truck. If I remember correctly you can only adjust it if you compress the springs which I don't think is doable after its installed but I may be wrong.

Edit: Disregard I was looking at the Fox 2.0 coil over set up, Looks like the eibach coil overs are adjustable on the vehicle with a spanner wrench.

Last edited:

RapidRed5_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 SC F-150 XL Sport 4x4 5.0L - 2021 On Order
So I've done a little more digging into the Eibach Pro Truck Lift Kits and what I didn't notice before is that they also offer a Pro-Alignment kit. It includes camber plates and nuts to bring things back to factory specs after the coilover install. That gives me more of a warm and fuzzy that the level/lift won't negatively impact other suspension components.

https://eibach.com/us/2556/5.86250K-FORD-F-150-pro-alignment

So, the stage one kit is on the top of my list as a "middle of the road" upgrade at a reasonable price for those of us who drive on road 95% of the time.

Now the next question: Can I fit 285/75R18 under the fenders with stock wheels? I prefer the tucked in look of bigger tires, plus wider tires don't so great in the snow.

Thanks!

Captain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
So I was on the 2015+ kits are all the same bandwagon for a while but had a conversation with a suspension vendor this week that has changed my mind. Apparently while the older kits will physically fit a 21+, the geometry is different enough that they aren’t valved correctly. The term I was told was it will be “bouncy” and won’t last as long. It could be fine for normal folks and many may never notice the difference since most lifted/leveled trucks are street queens anyway. But I’m in the camp that if I’m going to spend $1k-2k on a suspension upgrade, I want it to be an upgrade.
Keep in mind this is from one conversation from one vendor. So this Eibach kit might work fine. But I’m starting to understand there might be a reason Icon has a specific 21+ kit and some of the other big names are still listing as 2015-2020, not 2015+. To each his own but I’m going to play the waiting game for a bit before I drop any real coin on a strut kit/coilovers.

SinCityF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
So I was on the 2015+ kits are all the same bandwagon for a while but had a conversation with a suspension vendor this week that has changed my mind. Apparently while the older kits will physically fit a 21+, the geometry is different enough that they aren’t valved correctly. The term I was told was it will be “bouncy” and won’t last as long. It could be fine for normal folks and many may never notice the difference since most lifted/leveled trucks are street queens anyway. But I’m in the camp that if I’m going to spend $1k-2k on a suspension upgrade, I want it to be an upgrade.
Keep in mind this is from one conversation from one vendor. So this Eibach kit might work fine. But I’m starting to understand there might be a reason Icon has a specific 21+ kit and some of the other big names are still listing as 2015-2020, not 2015+. To each his own but I’m going to play the waiting game for a bit before I drop any real coin on a strut kit/coilovers.
i have decided to buy a set of Eibach coilovers and Icon Delta Joint tubular UCAs now. Too many people reporting they are happy with their setups. That and Eibach 8112 are known to ride plusher than most anyhow, so that should make up for any rumored “bounciness”. Meanwhile stock sucks and at least I can enjoy the truck until a model specific version becomes available in about 2 years or more. With supply chain issues going on and light at the end of the horizon, take what you can get.
meanwhile if all goes to hell in a hand basket with my setup, I’ll swap it out for something “specific”.

Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I can assure you, there is no bounciness. It's just that, a rumor. I can also tell you that, IMO, they ride very nice, both on highway and light off road. Overall handling on this truck is increased 100% vs stock, again, IMO. I am very pleased so far with the performance vs cost aspect.

OP
OP

Brock_smith41

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If any of you running the eibach kit have any pictures, feel free to post them.

I went the readylift route with 295/60R20’s on stock wheels for right now. I’m an RTR dealer and plan on making my truck an advertisement vehicle when they release the full RTR kit. But that will require the new fox leveling kit for my truck to be a “certified” RTR, whenever it does get released. It will also require the specific tire size RTR uses, which is a 33” nitto. I’m currently debating between having the certified RTR vehicle, or building it the way I want, and incorporate all other RTR parts aside from the fox level and 33’s.
the height of the eibach looks perfect for what I need. Not too short, not too tall, and can run a decent size tire and offset with no problems.

RapidRed5_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 SC F-150 XL Sport 4x4 5.0L - 2021 On Order
Interestingly enough, the stage 1 and stage 2 kits for the 21's have disappeared as options on Eibach's product selector. Yet they still have the kits listed on their product release page. I wonder what's going on?

Captain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
I can assure you, there is no bounciness. It's just that, a rumor. I can also tell you that, IMO, they ride very nice, both on highway and light off road. Overall handling on this truck is increased 100% vs stock, again, IMO. I am very pleased so far with the performance vs cost aspect.
Like I said, us normal guys will probably never notice what he told me. And I’m sure it’s still way better than stock.
I actually threw some fox 2.0 smooth body rear shocks on about a week ago and the whole truck feels soo much better. I’m pretty convinced the factory struts aren’t as bad as they get credit for, still bad, just not as bad. Once the jittery rear end gets a little help the whole truck feels better.

Drdre8424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
Anyone else running these? I'm thinking about getting them, all the Fox performance products are on backorder
Sponsored