jstulbaum

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Fx4 302a
Hey all!

New here but just recently got my 21fx4 3.5 end of October. I have always had the plan to get the eibach pro kit due to tons of trucks I follow all run them (but they weren’t 21s) after not seeing the pro truck kit listed for the 21s I decided to contact eibach. They said the spring height for the 21 4WD 3.5s are not equal to previous years and they are re-engineering them and it won’t be available for at least 8 months. Apparently the ride heights were coming in higher than what they were expecting so that’s why only the stage 2s were approved for the 21s because you can adjust your height with the coilovers. Of course those were about 2 months back ordered. Ultimately stage 3 Motorsports got the icon stage 3 kits in stock recently so I pulled the trigger on those. I wanted to get UCA anyways so I spent the additional $500-$700 or so and got an all icon set up that is made to work with each other. What’s $500 more when you are already spending all this money…I thought better to just get it done right and with a really great product. They come in in 2 days so I’ll report back with my experience. Matching them in Method nv305s 17x8.5 0 offset 4.75 backspace wrapped with Toyo rt 35x12.5r17s. Really love the stance of this set up so I’m hoping everything goes well.
Sponsored

jstulbaum

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Fx4 302a
Hey all!

New here but just recently got my 21fx4 3.5 end of October. I have always had the plan to get the eibach pro kit due to tons of trucks I follow all run them (but they weren’t 21s) after not seeing the pro truck kit listed for the 21s I decided to contact eibach. They said the spring height for the 21 4WD 3.5s are not equal to previous years and they are re-engineering them and it won’t be available for at least 8 months. Apparently the ride heights were coming in higher than what they were expecting so that’s why only the stage 2s were approved for the 21s because you can adjust your height with the coilovers. Of course those were about 2 months back ordered. Ultimately stage 3 Motorsports got the icon stage 3 kits in stock recently so I pulled the trigger on those. I wanted to get UCA anyways so I spent the additional $500-$700 or so and got an all icon set up that is made to work with each other. What’s $500 more when you are already spending all this money…I thought better to just get it done right and with a really great product. They come in in 2 days so I’ll report back with my experience. Matching them in Method nv305s 17x8.5 0 offset 4.75 backspace wrapped with Toyo rt 35x12.5r17s. Really love the stance of this set up so I’m hoping everything goes well.
Sadly I must report they didn’t fit. The 35x12.5 on a 0 offset wouldn’t clear my painted bumper. Icon says not to adjust more than 2” of shown threads above the top cap. My rake currently is a difference of 0.5” so I’m guessing it gave me a 2.5” raise in the front. I’m confirming that with lock what the max 2” of shown threads translates to as far as inches of lift goes. Ultimately I went with a 285/70r17, but after seeing someone with the exact truck and set up to the T running 285/75r17 I regret not getting those. So now I’m debating on getting 285/75r17s or 305/70r17s.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Ordered this set through my tire shop yesterday (so I get shop's lifetime warranty). It's in stock. Got tired of waiting months for Bilstein and Fox to release their 21+ specific coilovers after multiple delays and after researching Eibach and talking with sales/tech support, decided I'll give these a shot. Eibach makes the spring for Fox's coilovers anyway.

I'll create a new thread in the Suspension section once I get some miles on 'em...

https://eibach.com/us/2556/E86-35-035-01-22-FORD-F-150-pro-truck-coilover-stage-2

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck lift kit for 2021’s 1643214583953

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck lift kit for 2021’s 1643214730617

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Sadly I must report they didn’t fit. The 35x12.5 on a 0 offset wouldn’t clear my painted bumper. Icon says not to adjust more than 2” of shown threads above the top cap. My rake currently is a difference of 0.5” so I’m guessing it gave me a 2.5” raise in the front. I’m confirming that with lock what the max 2” of shown threads translates to as far as inches of lift goes. Ultimately I went with a 285/70r17, but after seeing someone with the exact truck and set up to the T running 285/75r17 I regret not getting those. So now I’m debating on getting 285/75r17s or 305/70r17s.

Can we see some pictures?

Sponsored

RapidRed5_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 SC F-150 XL Sport 4x4 5.0L - 2021 On Order
Ordered this set through my tire shop yesterday (so I get shop's lifetime warranty). It's in stock. Got tired of waiting months for Bilstein and Fox to release their 21+ specific coilovers after multiple delays and after researching Eibach and talking with sales/tech support, decided I'll give these a shot. Eibach makes the spring for Fox's coilovers anyway.

I'll create a new thread in the Suspension section once I get some miles on 'em...

https://eibach.com/us/2556/E86-35-035-01-22-FORD-F-150-pro-truck-coilover-stage-2

1643214583953.png

1643214730617.png
Thanks for putting us in the loop! I'm leaning really hard towards going with this kit. It will be good to see some real world feedback. What size tires do you plan on running? Factory wheels or aftermarket?

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd
Thanks for putting us in the loop! I'm leaning really hard towards going with this kit. It will be good to see some real world feedback. What size tires do you plan on running? Factory wheels or aftermarket?
Swapped the wheels and tires from my old F-150: Gen1 Raptors w 285/70/17E Cooper ATPs. These tires have ~25k more miles left in em, but may go one step taller next set: 285/75/17

Unless you have 3.73 gears or a diesel w 1,000 ftlbs torque, taller/heavier tires suck a lot of the power and thrill from half ton trucks (plus had to rebuild my old truck's transmission at 95k miles for $3k bc previous owner ran 35" Toyo MTs on it and don't want to repeat that experience)... Otherwise 35s look so good ?

Last edited:

RapidRed5_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Swapped the wheels and tires from my old F-150: Gen1 Raptors w 275/70/17E Cooper ATPs. These tires have ~25k more miles left in em, but may go one step taller next set: 275/75/17

Unless you have 3.73 gears or a diesel w 1,000 ftlbs torque, taller/heavier tires suck a lot of the power and thrill from half ton trucks (plus had to rebuild my old truck's transmission at 95k miles for $3k bc previous owner ran 35" Toyo MTs on it and don't want to repeat that experience)... Otherwise 35s look so good ?
Thanks for the reply. I have the 5.0 with 3.31 gears. In hindsight, wish I ordered the 3.73. Anyway, been thinking about going with a 285/75R18 on factory HDPP wheels. So far nobody can confirm if they will fit with a 2-2.5" level. Do you happen to have any insight on that combination?

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd
Thanks for the reply. I have the 5.0 with 3.31 gears. In hindsight, wish I ordered the 3.73. Anyway, been thinking about going with a 285/75R18 on factory HDPP wheels. So far nobody can confirm if they will fit with a 2-2.5" level. Do you happen to have any insight on that combination?
Hmm sounds like that's about 34.8" tall but about 11.2" wide. Stock Raptor tires (which we know will fit) are about 34.4" tall but wider at about 12.4" wide. Honestly, no, I can't for sure say either, but a nearly 35" tall tire is A LOT for 3.31 gears to turn IMO. If yours is a 2WD, re-gearing the rear end isn't a huge deal or cost. Re-gearing a 4WD truck on the other hand, is fairly tricky and expensive. With all the sensors and tech in these new trucks, no clue what else you'd have to reprogram for the truck to accept new gears, though.

Last edited:

RapidRed5_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm sounds like that's about 34.8" tall but about 11.2" wide. Stock Raptor tires (which we know will fit) are about 34.4" tall but wider at about 12.4" wide. Honestly, no, I can't for sure say either, but a nearly 35" tall tire is A LOT for 3.31 gears to turn IMO. If yours is a 2WD, re-gearing the rear end isn't a huge deal or cost. Re-gearing a 4WD truck on the other hand, is fairly tricky and expensive. With all the sensors and tech in these new trucks, no clue what else you'd have to reprogram for the truck to accept new gears, though.
Yup, 4x4 and 157" WB. At the time I was thinking 5.0+10speed means no real need for 3.73's as I don't do a ton of towing, and still have a GCWR of 14800bs. Reality is that my best bet is 295/70R18 but it's a wider tire and not great for snow. Plus I really don't want any poke. I could go 285/70, but very limited selection and expensive. So may have to meet in the middle with 1.75-2" level on 275/70R18's. IDK...

Thanks again for your input and I look forward to your impressions on the Eibach coilovers!

Sponsored

Another Ford

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Maybe I'm reading this wrong...
It is still the same p/n for the 2015-2020 and 2021-2022 kit.
E86-35-035-01-22
The only difference is it allows for 3" on the 21-22 vs 2.5" on the 2015-2020.
Doesn't appear to make any updates that the others (Fox and Bilstein) insist is necessary for proper installation.
Please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd
Maybe I'm reading this wrong...
It is still the same p/n for the 2015-2020 and 2021-2022 kit.
E86-35-035-01-22
The only difference is it allows for 3" on the 21-22 vs 2.5" on the 2015-2020.
Doesn't appear to make any updates that the others (Fox and Bilstein) insist is necessary for proper installation.
Please correct me if I'm reading this wrong.
Oh, very interesting. I didn't notice that before. @Matt_Bonilla08 (engineer at Eibach) it does look like you guys didn't differentiate between the 15-20 product and the 21+ product. It's been confirmed with Bilstein and Fox that they don't consider the 15-20 stuff to be compatible with 21+ trucks. Does Eibach consider the Gen13 stuff compatible with Gen14 trucks and why? You talk about prototypes in your thread here so is a Gen14-specific product still in the works and I should cancel my order and continue the wait?

Another Ford

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Oh, very interesting. I didn't notice that before. @Matt_Bonilla08 (engineer at Eibach) it does look like you guys didn't differentiate between the 15-20 product and the 21+ product. It's been confirmed with Bilstein and Fox that they don't consider the 15-20 stuff to be compatible with 21+ trucks. Does Eibach consider the Gen13 stuff compatible with Gen14 trucks and why? You talk about prototypes in your thread here so is a Gen14-specific product still in the works and I should cancel my order and continue the wait?
Keep us posted.
Both Bilstein and Fox are Mar/April time frame.

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
The 13th gen worked great on the 14th gen 4WDs. we cycled the suspension and confirmed the valving was still good on the coilover. Our standard clip height adjustable shocks did need to be new as the clip height needed to be adjusted slightly. My truck however is a 2WD and we did have to take some droop out of the coilover because the swaybar was contacting the lower control arm on the previous generation coilover (this was likely not an issue on 4wd because droop was already limited because of the front axles). We will also make a very slight valving change on the 2WD

I do not know why other companies are making new shocks but we all have very slightly different lengths as well as valving. I believe our shock tend to be softer on valving and that may have something to do with it as well. Overall these generations are very similar and a quarter inch makes the difference between fitting without issue and not.

ALSO... We do have a 2021 5.0L F-150 in today for test fit and I am happy to share photos after install and update everyone what direction we are taking with this motor once we are done.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enginerd
Our standard clip height adjustable shocks did need to be new as the clip height needed to be adjusted slightly.
Thanks for the reply. So, based on what I've read, I'm inferring that even though the Gen14 trucks have slightly different front strut mounting locations the valving can stay the same and the suspension travel is similar enough but only the spring preload amount doesn't equate from Gen13 to Gen14? The preset/grooved clip locations on the adjustable struts from the Gen13s won't work because the highest clip position (most preload) results in too much lift for the Gen14, does that sound right? The coilovers, with threaded spring preload perches, work because of the infinite adjustment?

To adapt the Gen13 stuff to the Gen14 trucks, the Ford Performance and Roush coilover sets (which both have Fox logos on them) instructions say to lower the threaded preload ring 5/8" (reduce preload) for Gen14 applications:

Bolt-On OEM Swap. ROUSH has designed the F-150 FOX 2.0 Suspension Kit to be a straightforward swap from the stock suspension. Full, detailed instructions are provided. No drilling, cutting or welding is required. 2021+ Model Year trucks will require the Lower Spring Perch to be adjusted 5/8 of an inch down the strut shaft (towards the lower control arm) for proper suspension travel and improved ride.

I wonder if this is purely to slightly reduce the lift to ease UCA angle. Eibach cycled the suspension to confirm that the whole front suspension/tire/wheel won't be hanging off the strut wrong at full droop, so what else would there be to consider? I'm no suspension expert or design engineer. Just trying to wrap my head around the intention and pros/cons of the retrofit instructions above and how that could (or doesn't) apply when installing my Eibach coilovers...

Also, Matt, out of the box, how many inches of lift should I get? Did you guys calculate how many turns of the preload ring it takes to increase/reduce the lift per inch or anything? Thanks!!

EDIT: By the way, Eibach tech support emailed me their instructions for the kit I bought earlier today. No mention of adjusting the preload for 21+ applications. No mention of preset lift amount or perch adjustment lift rate.
Sponsored

Last edited: