First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Following this, and have been following adjustable ride height topics for some time. Like most you you guys, tires of waiting.

I'm really liking what the Eibachs have to offer. Just installed a set of 20x9 0 offset with 285-60-20s and they rub too. Rub on crash bar full lock left, forward and reverse, lower front valance and on mud flap tabs.

Been waiting on Bilsteins to come out, but going to order the eibach since I just found some in stock locally. Hoping to just run the Pro-truck with stock springs. So to reiterate, to get 2" of lift, they should be set to 1.6" clip height (gen13 kit on Gen 14 truck)?

20220209_145725.jpg
Is your truck 4WD or 2WD? I want to be clear that we do not currently list our clip height adjustable shock for the 14th gen 4wd trucks right now as we are making a new shock specifically for this truck. We needed to move the bottom clip down so they do not get too much lift. With that being said, some people have had success using the previous generation shock since the top clips are closer to each other. We do list the coilover and had good success with that for the 4wd. On 33.5s You will likely rub under articulation at full lock either direction. You might not under normal situations. For example my tires only rub under normal situations in reverse and full lock (not enough to bother me). But offroad they rub more often since I am articulating the suspension more and pushing the tire closer to the crash bars.
Sponsored

F_ast

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT
Thanks. Truck is 4x4 with a 5.0L

Do you have an eta on the clip height shocks?

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Thanks. Truck is 4x4 with a 5.0L

Do you have an eta on the clip height shocks?
At this point I wouldn't be able to give you an accurate ETA but definitely months out

Joeyv84

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 4x4
Just installed the Eibach 2.0 Coilovers this week. Front measured 37.5" and Rear 40.5" before the install. After installed front was just over 40.5". I wanted to leave 1/2" to 3/4" of rake. Adjusting on the truck while on jack stands was a PITA. I would highly suggest adjusting these off the truck. I tried with the supplied spanner wrench and the pin on the wrench broke after one turn on the collar. If you get in a bind and need to adjust these find two 1/4" punch tools. They fit the holes on the collar. Using just 1 punch and a socket with extension was putting a nice bend in the punch. Two were definitely easier. I dropped the collar about 5/8" to get the desired rake.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Just installed the Eibach 2.0 Coilovers this week. Front measured 37.5" and Rear 40.5" before the install. After installed front was just over 40.5". I wanted to leave 1/2" to 3/4" of rake. Adjusting on the truck while on jack stands was a PITA. I would highly suggest adjusting these off the truck. I tried with the supplied spanner wrench and the pin on the wrench broke after one turn on the collar. If you get in a bind and need to adjust these find two 1/4" punch tools. They fit the holes on the collar. Using just 1 punch and a socket with extension was putting a nice bend in the punch. Two were definitely easier. I dropped the collar about 5/8" to get the desired rake.
Thanks for the follow up.
How does she ride ? Over bumps/pot holes. I know it will always be rougher then stock but some shocks that don’t come with coils are really bouncy over uneven roads , just wondering if the new spring helps the ride quality.

Sponsored

Joeyv84

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 4x4
Thanks for the follow up.
How does she ride ? Over bumps/pot holes. I know it will always be rougher then stock but some shocks that don’t come with coils are really bouncy over uneven roads , just wondering if the new spring helps the ride quality.
I have about 1500 miles on the new suspension. Over bumps and potholes (SE Louisiana has plenty of them) the ride is controlled and firm. Not harsh at all. The bouncy/floaty feeling of the stock shocks is gone. The truck definitely feels more planted. There are several spots around town that when traveling at 35mph over certain sections the truck on stocks shocks felt loose, like it could leave the roadway at any point. With the Eibach's I can speed over those sections and not even think about it.

It took a little bit to get used to the firmness, but I would highly recommend to anyone that has crappy roads. On dirt roads they are even better. I took a little trip out to the country and was impressed with how they handled the washboards and uneven terrain.

As a side note for those that tow. Towing a light 18ft poling skiff, I notice that the truck feels better with the trailer attached. Before the upgrade, any time the trailer hit a bump or pothole, the truck felt some push from the trailer. That feeling has gone away now.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
I have about 1500 miles on the new suspension. Over bumps and potholes (SE Louisiana has plenty of them) the ride is controlled and firm. Not harsh at all. The bouncy/floaty feeling of the stock shocks is gone. The truck definitely feels more planted. There are several spots around town that when traveling at 35mph over certain sections the truck on stocks shocks felt loose, like it could leave the roadway at any point. With the Eibach's I can speed over those sections and not even think about it.

It took a little bit to get used to the firmness, but I would highly recommend to anyone that has crappy roads. On dirt roads they are even better. I took a little trip out to the country and was impressed with how they handled the washboards and uneven terrain.

As a side note for those that tow. Towing a light 18ft poling skiff, I notice that the truck feels better with the trailer attached. Before the upgrade, any time the trailer hit a bump or pothole, the truck felt some push from the trailer. That feeling has gone away now.
Thanks for the feed back! looking forward to another one when you get more mileage.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
I have 6k miles on the same Eibach coilover (2" level) and rear shock set and love it. Plenty of time on Idaho forest and logging roads. Agree with @Joeyv84 100%.

Stx4thewin

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 STX
Occupation
Manager
2022 wanting coilover or clip style level kit but have max tow. Icon let me down on my 2018 hopefully eibach will end up with something that works better for me. Do we know yet why there's an issue with the max tow vs regular? These wheels deserve more gap. :)

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck lift kit for 2021’s 20220920_171241

Last edited:

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 w/ 5.0
Is this with the 2.0 pro kit installed as they came from factory? I Ordered this kit and am all worried I made a mistake as Im reading mixed reviews about having to lower them otherwise they are harsh otherwise

Im just dropping it off at the dealership to get installed an I don't think they know much about this kit.

Sponsored

jstulbaum

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Fx4 302a
Is this with the 2.0 pro kit installed as they came from factory? I Ordered this kit and am all worried I made a mistake as Im reading mixed reviews about having to lower them otherwise they are harsh otherwise

Im just dropping it off at the dealership to get installed an I don't think they know much about this kit.
No I stopped waiting for the Eibach coilovers and purchased the Icon Stage 2 package with their 2.5 coilovers and 2.0 rear shocks.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
What's the spring rate on the coilovers?

If both are set to the 1" lift height, how do the rides compare between snap ring and coilovers?

Ride difference between the standard rears and the reservoir rears?

Thanks!

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
What's the spring rate on the coilovers?

If both are set to the 1" lift height, how do the rides compare between snap ring and coilovers?

Ride difference between the standard rears and the reservoir rears?

Thanks!
Im replacing my rear Fox 2.0 for the Eibach resi's...they look and bet handle a ton better. And the Fox 2.0's were a huge upgrade over stock shocks.
Waiting on the front adjustable coil overs ands will install all at once.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Im replacing my rear Fox 2.0 for the Eibach resi's...they look and bet handle a ton better. And the Fox 2.0's were a huge upgrade over stock shocks.
Waiting on the front adjustable coil overs ands will install all at once.
Keep us updated on your thoughts. I've gone back and forth and so far Eibach seems to be the path for me.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Keep us updated on your thoughts. I've gone back and forth and so far Eibach seems to be the path for me.
Sure will. Yes, installed some of their lowering coils on my 2020 Grand Cherokee Limited X, drove as good as new, but awesome stance.

Ford F-150 Eibach Pro-Truck lift kit for 2021’s 20210505_183020
Sponsored