Sponsored

[ EDIT ] Many honked at me, some flipped me off, one guy even passed me in the bike lane! 😮

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Let me start by saying "Don't try this at home".

So, for almost a week I only drove around town and drove slower (worse) than a white-haired little old lady. It really pissed a bunch of people off, but after almost 3 years owning this truck, I made finally made my goal.

The Eco Behavior WIN! 💯

Ford F-150 [ EDIT ] Many honked at me, some flipped me off, one guy even passed me in the bike lane! 😮 Eco_Behavior_Finally!

I'm kind of surprised Ford's lawyers allow this as it actually promotes dangerous driving. 🤔

Edit: April Fools - Yeah I know, sorta obviously. ;)

For some reason, the Eco Behavior in our trucks only goes to 99%.
Sponsored

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
so thats how you get 100%
i usually stay in the lower 90S except on the acceleration thing and had no idea what the numbers meant
so if we drive like a snail it is a 100?

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport Leadfoot Gray 302a Ecoboost
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Basically just don't touch the accelerator or the brake. The more you use the pedals, the worse eco you get. :ROFLMAO:

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
i hypermile when is traffic is nearly non existent. last thing i would do during rush hour though lol.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Better mpg when coasting but when actually driving the max mpg is not necessarily at a very slow speed. A certain amount of gas is going to be burned even at idle. My truck with its 3.5L Ecoboost gets the highest mpg at around 30-35 mph. A certain amount of gas is going to be burned even at idle.

In the 1970's during the oil embargo when people freaked out about mpg some cars like the Cadillacs were provided with a gauge that indicated the amount of acceleration of the vehicle and alerted the driver that they were negatively impacting fuel economy.

I maximize fuel economy with my truck but using it only when I need a truck and otherwise using our plug-in hybrid SUV. I don't need a 5,000 lb pickup truck to go buy groceries or something from the hardware store or drug store.
Sponsored