Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
If that's the case, then the update does not fix the pop/static issue because I have had it happen twice since I applied that update.3

Edit: As a matter of fact, it never happened to me until after I applied that update. I remember when it happened to me the first time, I texted you a video of it as it was happening.
You probaby applied a different update than the one I’m talking about. It only dropped onto FDRS last week. So, if you applied it more than about a week ago, it’s a different update.

As for checking which software version you currently have, you have a couple of options. First, you can download the as-built from the motorcraft website onto a windows laptop and then open in up with a simple app, like XML Notepad (or you can have someone do this for you if you provide your VIN). Second, you can view the software version from the main screen in FDRS. Third, you can look at the software version after a vehicle scan with FORScan or FORScan lite.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
IPC update has been released to FDRS for the 2021 Job 1 Lariat and up trim.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
You probaby applied a different update than the one I’m talking about. It only dropped onto FDRS last week. So, if you applied it more than about a week ago, it’s a different update.

As for checking which software version you currently have, you have a couple of options. First, you can download the as-built from the motorcraft website onto a windows laptop and then open in up with a simple app, like XML Notepad (or you can have someone do this for you if you provide your VIN). Second, you can view the software version from the main screen in FDRS. Third, you can look at the software version after a vehicle scan with FORScan or FORScan lite.
I'm going to post on the VIN look up thread to see if any updates show up for my truck in FDRS. Is the as-built data in PTS what I need as in the attached picture? I'd hate to have to give Ford another $50 just for this, but if it does solve the pop/static issue, it would be well worth it.

Either way, I will most likely look into this tomorrow after work. Today is game 1 of the NBA Finals and I'm going to be watching the Heat hopefully pull off a miracle. I know I'm not going to touch my truck tonight. lol

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Picture1

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
IPC update has been released to FDRS for the 2021 Job 1 Lariat and up trim.
Installed flawlessly. I tried re-running the DSP update - it didn't re-do the install but did try to update the database on the Ford side, but it still shows up as an available update.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I'm going to post on the VIN look up thread to see if any updates show up for my truck in FDRS. Is the as-built data in PTS what I need as in the attached picture? I'd hate to have to give Ford another $50 just for this, but if it does solve the pop/static issue, it would be well worth it.

Either way, I will most likely look into this tomorrow after work. Today is game 1 of the NBA Finals and I'm going to be watching the Heat hopefully pull off a miracle. I know I'm not going to touch my truck tonight. lol

Picture1.png
That looks to be the PTS version of what I download from the Motorcraft website. You would click Download File and then open it with a reader like XML Notepad. To save you the trouble, here is your data for the DSP:

<NODEID>
<F10A>ML3T-14C656-BJ</F10A>
<F110>DSJL1T-18B849-BP</F110>
<F111>JL1T-14F171-CA</F111>
<F113>ML3T-18B849-BJ</F113>
<F160>061502</F160>
<F161>021902</F161>
<F188>ML3T-14C589-BK</F188>
<F18C>4036645132171528</F18C>
</NODEID>

Your software version is different from mine (-BH) and different from the version currently available on FDRS (-BN) that, for now, fails to install. I wouldn't waste $50 on it until it gets fixed.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
That looks to be the PTS version of what I download from the Motorcraft website. You would click Download File and then open it with a reader like XML Notepad. To save you the trouble, here is your data for the DSP:

<NODEID>
<F10A>ML3T-14C656-BJ</F10A>
<F110>DSJL1T-18B849-BP</F110>
<F111>JL1T-14F171-CA</F111>
<F113>ML3T-18B849-BJ</F113>
<F160>061502</F160>
<F161>021902</F161>
<F188>ML3T-14C589-BK</F188>
<F18C>4036645132171528</F18C>
</NODEID>

Your software version is different from mine (-BH) and different from the version currently available on FDRS (-BN) that, for now, fails to install. I wouldn't waste $50 on it until it gets fixed.
Thank you for that. So it does match with what my FDRS history shows. Going back to the SSM you posted, it did install even though I didn't reset the DSP. Has anyone tried resetting the DSP with the new update that just came out for it to see if it goes through?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Thank you for that. So it does match with what my FDRS history shows. Going back to the SSM you posted, it did install even though I didn't reset the DSP. Has anyone tried resetting the DSP with the new update that just came out for it to see if it goes through?
I did. No joy. I cut and restored power. Then retried the install. The FDRS prompts said it updated the module to -BN but a subsequent network scan showed that it was still on -BH.

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
Even though I had received by OTA and installed 4.3.2 on May 4th, the IPC update that just dropped showed up in FDRS for my truck today and let me install it.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Even though I had received by OTA and installed 4.3.2 on May 4th, the IPC update that just dropped showed up in FDRS for my truck today and let me install it.
The IPC OTA was only one half the update. it updated the calibration. THe FDRS update included a Strategy update also

Those that have not gotten the OTA will do both files.

Sponsored

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
Anyone that updated the DSP notice the Chimes running through the cluster and not the speakers?

Mine was doing it all the time I had to revert to the old DSP software to make it act normal again.
I have a theory of what the DSP update is supposed to fix which might also explain this.

There's been a persistent bug with the B&O audio system for a while where if the vehicle is put into reverse before the APIM has a chance to fully boot up while an external media source connected with auto-resume enabled and there is a rear obstruction which makes the park aid chime, then main audio channels will be limited to the rear speakers only until the next ignition cycle.

This bug can usually be replicated by leaving a media source connected such as CarPlay, playing a playlist with the ignition on, turning off the ignition without pausing music at the media source, opening the door to simulate getting out without disconnecting audio source, lock & unlock to sleep wake modules, open door again to simulate getting in, turning the ignition on, putting the vehicle in reverse while an object is behind the vehicle before the Sync 4 splash screen has a chance to finish its animation.

I reported this bug in the past, maybe my request didn't go straight into the trash can after-all lol.

Occasionally if a media source automatically resumes while the rear parking aid chime is sounding this bug will persist until the next ignition cycle and the modules have a chance to reboot.

Perhaps the DSP update is meant to fix this by changing the chime strategy. Change logs would help, but that's too-wishful thinking.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
^ Great post. Very well explained.
And I think I have experienced just such a glitch once or twice.

But normally I am so slow and deliberate when getting into the truck and doing my "pre-check" before takeoff that I rarely experience the kind of glitches that would result from interrupting the trucks boot-up sequences?

I'm actually kind of stunned that Ford can get the "Ready" light on the instrument cluster so quickly. I wonder if they would slow it down just a couple of seconds, and write into the code a bit wider window of time for all the handshakes between modules, if these trucks (Powerboost especially) might be less buggy?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I have a theory of what the DSP update is supposed to fix which might also explain this.

There's been a persistent bug with the B&O audio system for a while where if the vehicle is put into reverse before the APIM has a chance to fully boot up while an external media source connected with auto-resume enabled and there is a rear obstruction which makes the park aid chime, then main audio channels will be limited to the rear speakers only until the next ignition cycle.

This bug can usually be replicated by leaving a media source connected such as CarPlay, playing a playlist with the ignition on, turning off the ignition without pausing music at the media source, opening the door to simulate getting out without disconnecting audio source, lock & unlock to sleep wake modules, open door again to simulate getting in, turning the ignition on, putting the vehicle in reverse while an object is behind the vehicle before the Sync 4 splash screen has a chance to finish its animation.

I reported this bug in the past, maybe my request didn't go straight into the trash can after-all lol.

Occasionally if a media source automatically resumes while the rear parking aid chime is sounding this bug will persist until the next ignition cycle and the modules have a chance to reboot.

Perhaps the DSP update is meant to fix this by changing the chime strategy. Change logs would help, but that's too-wishful thinking.
Newest DSP software is to address a loud pop followed by static upon start-up in the B&O systems, not misdirected chimes.

SSM 51663 2021-2023 F-150/Expedition - Pop Noise And/Or Static In Speakers At Start Up
2021-2023 F-150/Expedition may exhibit a pop noise and/or static in the speakers at start up that cannot be turned down or off using the audio system controls. To correct the condition, reprogram the audio digital signal processing module (DSP) to the latest software level using the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 18B849 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Is there any update to Ford fixing the CMR update where it fails on security?
Sponsored