Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Are you able to see updates needed via FDRS without the license needed or just to look at what you need to update you have to pay? :unsure:
Can't get past login....
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Are you able to see updates needed via FDRS without the license needed or just to look at what you need to update you have to pay? :unsure:
There is a request Vin thread that is stickied. Post your VIn and someone will run it in and give you your list of updates.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My mach-e had 5 door module controller updates ~ 1a est.

Ranual

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
So, you think Ford's bandwidth shaping might be more optimal at 1:AM? 😉

Afterall, I'm an old man with no curfew.

My real problem is that my APIM/Sync is performing flawlessly for me currently and so far nobody has reported anything that I might desire enough to...... Well, make the effort.

Now other module updates are a different story! I don't even have to know exactly what they address, but the access cost is so low in time/effort that I'll fetch. Lol
I agree.. don't fix it if it's not broke!! :)

Sponsored

TimPBF150

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost. 2024 F150 Lightning Flash ER
Unfortunately the IPC info has not updated to the correct version yet. No updates have been released.

I can help you update though at this point to the next gateway version.. maybe doing that will push FDRS to refresh the data.
Hi Jesse. I was considering getting the license again to if your available to help out with that gateway. Please let me know. Otherwise I'll wait.

Thanks

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I had an interesting error yesterday. After months of trying to get my system to update with a USB stick, and every 10-14 days seeing, "System Updating", followed by "USB Error", I gave up. Then after removing the USB three weeks ago, I had the "USB Error" show up on my screen. Nothing was plugged into anything. Just odd. Thought I'd add this to the other 600 plus pages of "huh"? (or maybe someone has posted about it and I missed it)

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had an interesting error yesterday. After months of trying to get my system to update with a USB stick, and every 10-14 days seeing, "System Updating", followed by "USB Error", I gave up. Then after removing the USB three weeks ago, I had the "USB Error" show up on my screen. Nothing was plugged into anything. Just odd. Thought I'd add this to the other 600 plus pages of "huh"? (or maybe someone has posted about it and I missed it)
Could be a USB drive issue -- no, not quality related. It really doesn't like samsungs. I have a really shitty cheap chinesium no name drive the works flawlessly.

Burner

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Navy
Does anyone know if the ford bulletin to halt blue-cruise software updates is still ongoing? It came out 04 January so you'd think they'd have solution or update now that it's been almost 3 months, but my dealership is not useful at all

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Does anyone know if the ford bulletin to halt blue-cruise software updates is still ongoing? It came out 04 January so you'd think they'd have solution or update now that it's been almost 3 months, but my dealership is not useful at all
Still a stop order on it I checked yesterday

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could be a USB drive issue -- no, not quality related. It really doesn't like samsungs. I have a really shitty cheap chinesium no name drive the works flawlessly.
Really? I've done all my USB updates with a Samsung USB drive. The only time I had an issue was with an update Jesse made for me, but any time I used FDRS for updates, it worked perfectly.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
Here’s a nugget of information I expect will get lost in the forums, but is worth mentioning.

This is not sponsored in any way.

@MikeYQM

I learned Chris Kennedy at Mister Transmission in Moncton New Brunswick is the Canadian representative for Drew Technologies and provides training to shops across Canada and the USA for products like the CARDAQ and Mongoose.

His knowledge of automotive electronics and software diagnostics is seemingly among the best, such that major dealers in the Maritimes outsource problems they can solve to his team.

If you live in Canada and happen to be shopping for a domestic distributor of the Mongoose, I strongly recommend Mister Transmission in Moncton New Brunswick.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
That list of updates is identical to what @antho informed me that my Powerboost has in the queue.

I don't know what is suddenly wrong with me, but I'm not inclined to license-up and do the updates.

I think I've found myself at a point where I want to know specifically what an update is addressing before I will risk my PERFECTLY behaving/performing truck.

Man what a difference a year makes. 😁
I was an FDRS update junkie
I agree with you !!

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
After two FDRS licenses, a new battery charger, two broken bolts and many, many hours, I was finally able to get by '21 upgraded to the point where I have Blue Cruise and full screen Car Play 😁

Here is my SYNC version now. I have no idea how it translates to the Power-Up versions 🤣
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_2462

Many thanks to everyone on here. I couldn't have done it without all the help. An especially big thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment!

BTW, I had an IPC update, which was the first update that required a USB drive, and the truck just would not read the USB drive. At @Jesse-Infotainment recommendation I went the alternate canbus route to finish the IPC update. I started it right before going to bed and it was done when I woke up in the morning. I think it took 5-6 hours. After that any update requiring the USB drive worked perfectly.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
After two FDRS licenses, a new battery charger, two broken bolts and many, many hours, I was finally able to get by '21 upgraded to the point where I have Blue Cruise and full screen Car Play 😁

Here is my SYNC version now. I have no idea how it translates to the Power-Up versions 🤣
IMG_2462.jpeg

Many thanks to everyone on here. I couldn't have done it without all the help. An especially big thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment!
My favorite posts on this forum!

Well done. :)
Sponsored