First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
BI Developer
Just a random FDRS tip that I learned. Sometimes after an update when the module is going through it's configuration step, the process will fail and FDRS will ask if you want to try again. At that point check your internet connection. Interrupted internet caused that failure for me.

I also learned not to panic. The ABS module update failed and the truck went dark (I panicked). Just be patient and everything will likely come back. It did for me. Also, follow the steps in Bob_Mac's document. The VIN didn't populate during the Vehicle Check test but everything looked okay in FDRS so I continued. After the failure I went back to the Vehicle Test and disconnected and reconnected until I got the VIN. I don't know if that was the cause of the issue but I wanted to be sure.
Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Just a random FDRS tip that I learned. Sometimes after an update when the module is going through it's configuration step, the process will fail and FDRS will ask if you want to try again. At that point check your internet connection. Interrupted internet caused that failure for me.

I also learned not to panic. The ABS module update failed and the truck went dark (I panicked). Just be patient and everything will likely come back. It did for me. Also, follow the steps in Bob_Mac's document. The VIN didn't populate during the Vehicle Check test but everything looked okay in FDRS so I continued. After the failure I went back to the Vehicle Test and disconnected and reconnected until I got the VIN. I don't know if that was the cause of the issue but I wanted to be sure.
Yes, the whole process is pretty bullet proof for the most part, has to be if you think about how many people use this software to update however many different vehicles across the globe.

I had a similar pucker up experience when I was going mine. Did the GWM USB update and must have not it quite let it do everything, as it kept failing the last check on FDRS. Decided to move onto the BCM in the meantime, and about half way through everything went dark and FDRS was not happy either. Just let it sit for 5-10 minutes and she came back around and lit back up, so might have been finishing up GWM at the same time. Ran the BCM update again when everything came back and all was good again. So just take your time and let it do its thing and everything should work out just fine.

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Looks like they updated the stuck APIM TSB to include so changes to the required hardware and/or procedure
Microsoft Word - TSB 22-2404.docx (macheforum.com)
Has anyone gone through this TSB process? My APIM is getting the USB Code 0 error on the latest update. Last tried in mid October thinking it would maybe come via OTA. Doing the CMR now and wondering if I should obtain the items I need to do the TSB. Very nervous about removing panels in the truck though. Technology I’m comfortable with but don’t want to mess something up with the panels in the truck.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
does anyone know how I can verify if 3.5.4 was successfully installed? I installed the TCU update yesterday with FDRS but never got the successful update notification on my screen. After about a half hour I completed the FDRS process as instructed on the screen without receiving the update installed notification and it all seemed to finish up fine. My 2 day license ran out so I can’t connect back up and see if it is still available to install.

IF it is not installed, would I be able to try again using the USB without FDRS?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
does anyone know how I can verify if 3.5.4 was successfully installed? I installed the TCU update yesterday with FDRS but never got the successful update notification on my screen. After about a half hour I completed the FDRS process as instructed on the screen without receiving the update installed notification and it all seemed to finish up fine. My 2 day license ran out so I can’t connect back up and see if it is still available to install.

IF it is not installed, would I be able to try again using the USB without FDRS?
Check your syns version number it should be 22228

Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Check your syns version number it should be 22228
Thank you! Yes it is. Would be nice if they added the power up information to this screen to make it a little easier

I’m less concerned with the update itself than wanting to get the most out of paying for the 2 day license. Also hoping it will help me get future OTA updates sooner in the future but probably wishful thinking.

I also confirmed I can connect multiple Bluetooth phones simultaneously like was listed in the update. I never tried this previously to know if I could or couldn’t
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS E05FBF4C-EBF4-4312-A4D2-3F313892448C
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS F081A700-9528-4676-938F-94CB610B018F

Bdubbs1198

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Has anyone gone through this TSB process? My APIM is getting the USB Code 0 error on the latest update. Last tried in mid October thinking it would maybe come via OTA. Doing the CMR now and wondering if I should obtain the items I need to do the TSB. Very nervous about removing panels in the truck though. Technology I’m comfortable with but don’t want to mess something up with the panels in the truck.
I had the USB 0 error and tried to go through the TSB process. While doing the recovery process it wouldn't connect with the USB cable i was using so I had to cancel. After I hit cancel I quickly looked to see what software I was at and it was no longer blank, pre 1.7.1. So I immediately took the opportunity and tried my USB stick again and it took! Once I got that installed it was off to the races.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Thank you! Yes it is. Would be nice if they added the power up information to this screen to make it a little easier

I’m less concerned with the update itself than wanting to get the most out of paying for the 2 day license. Also hoping it will help me get future OTA updates sooner in the future but probably wishful thinking.

I also confirmed I can connect multiple Bluetooth phones simultaneously like was listed in the update. I never tried this previously to know if I could or couldn’t
E05FBF4C-EBF4-4312-A4D2-3F313892448C.jpeg
F081A700-9528-4676-938F-94CB610B018F.jpeg
For whatever reason FDRS updates don't offer any correlation to power up updates, although the software is exactly the same. If a dealer does an update the customer ends up with new software but no indication of the new features that the software has, such as the dual phone capability. I believe your now at power up 3.5.5 since you completed the TCU update as well, good luck!

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor

E05FBF4C-EBF4-4312-A4D2-3F313892448C.jpeg
Looks like you have a newer bluecruise map. Haven’t seen the April 13th date before.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is a module update required to extend that date, or can Ford just push a date extension?
Its the module update. They sent it out in September. Then they unified all the trucks and sent out another gateway update for Alexa. They will send one out every three months.. but yes its apart of the Gateway update and can be sent OTA.
Sponsored