dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
1667959987489.png

That might take you a solid two days NGL, surprised the IPMA isn't on the list yet, but I bet it will be once you start into it.
It could be because he didn’t scroll all the way down :p but yea all those updates will take a looooong time. I update 5 modules and it took almost 7 hours, and I don’t have a bluecruise truck either
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
A lot of those are 'coordinated' updates...so a lot of KOEO and clicking the OK button on the FDRS dialog...but it's not hard. Keep the powersupply voltage reading above 10.1 volts and bring lots of snacks. I don't see an IPC update in the list....so not that bad...

Remember any "emergency pull over safely, 911 not available, reverse brake assist not available, altitude low-pull up!" etc. messages you get while programming are all due to interrupted communications between the modules and are safe to ignore.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
A lot of those are 'coordinated' updates...so a lot of KOEO and clicking the OK button on the FDRS dialog...but it's not hard. Keep the powersupply voltage reading above 10.1 volts and bring lots of snacks. I don't see an IPC update in the list....so not that bad...

Remember any "emergency pull over safely, 911 not available, reverse brake assist not available, altitude low-pull up!" etc. messages you get while programming are all due to interrupted communications between the modules and are safe to ignore.
Also remember to turn off your auto-wipers or the wipers will activate the entire update.

Last edited:

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Every 30 secs for about an hour... lmao. First time I ever seen that happen.

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
Every 30 secs for about an hour... lmao. First time I ever seen that happen.
It's the "physical progress bar" (like the spinner mouse cursor)

Sponsored

Bdubbs1198

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
So the USB update that Jesse provided me finally appears to have installed as i got the prompt for restart needed. I turned off truck and went away for 45 minutes or so, no lights around usb were on. I waited 25 minutes for prompt to remove usb. Never got it. Multiple drive sessions later and still no prompt, BUT now my display turns on and off while driving. Anyone else get this issue. This was an update just to get me past the 1.7 stuck apim update on my Job 1 2021.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Did your Sync version change yet, even with the USB still inserted?

Bdubbs1198

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did your Sync version change yet, even with the USB still inserted?
No. I finally got a chance to re read the instructions from Jesse and I may have waited too long to restart truck. I think it was 45-60 minutes, but I really just wanted to make sure it was more than 30.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Please check your in "about Sync " and tell us your Sync version and revision number. Also check you updates screen. Are you able to toggle auto updates on and off?

Bdubbs1198

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please check your in "about Sync " and tell us your Sync version and revision number. Also check you updates screen. Are you able to toggle auto updates on and off?
It's all blank. It's as if it hasn't completed the update. I may have waited too long and will have to wait for it to kick off again I guess

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Hmmmm. I don't know for sure, but I don't think it would need to start over. It's not my truck, nor have I invested the time and patience that you have, but dang I'm tempted to soft boot that APIM just to possibly kickstart the next routine in the update procedure.

I honestly don't think waiting "too long" was an issue. But that particular Sync 1.7.x hangup was a contentious dang issue.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
It's all blank. It's as if it hasn't completed the update. I may have waited too long and will have to wait for it to kick off again I guess
I don't think waiting to long is a problem, Jesse had made me a disk as well when I was stuck, on 1.7.1 and on restart I never received the "remove usb disk" either. Yet the software was installed and I was able to move forward with fdrs.
In your case with a blank screen im not sure what happened. You should pm Jesse and see what his thoughts are.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
At this point it would be easiest to send me your apim. It’s not that hard to remove and you can be done with the waiting for an update

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
May be wreckless but I would pull the usb, reformat and reinstall the files on the usb and try again. Sounds like it got hung up at some point.
@Bdubbs1198

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Lol,for some reason I still can't see his replies. Did I mistakenly block him somehow? I'm so confused as to what's going on as Jesse has been a huge help to me and then I heard and saw nothing so I figured Jesse was in vacation. Lol
could be, check the ignoring section on your profile. Click you handle up the top title bar.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS screenshot_1273
Sponsored