Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm a little confused. If the truck is running during the update, is there a point when I'm prompted to shut off the truck and then wait for a prompt to restart.

When finalized I gather that inserting the flash drive in my laptop connected to FDRS will update FDRS and FDRS will have my current module info.
Usually it's in this order (after you've prepared the USB using FDRS):

- Start your truck
- Insert the USB drive into the truck's main USB port
- Wait until you see a prompt on the truck's display to let you know that the update has started and not to remove the USB drive until instructed to do so
- At some point (varies based on the update), you'll see a prompt on the truck's display to restart the truck
- After restarting the truck, at some point you'll see an indication that the update was successful and that you can remove the USB drive
- Plug the USB drive back into your laptop and click "Yes" to let FDRS know it was successful (or not)
- FDRS will then read some info from the drive and update its servers accordingly
Sponsored

FirstFordF150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired
Would anyone like to check my vin for updates? Thanks in advance! 1FTFW1ED5NFB53178

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Not an F150, can someone check my explorer ST for updates please?

1FM5K8GC4LGB49873

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Not an F150, can someone check my explorer ST for updates please?

1FM5K8GC4LGB49873
14 updates.
All seem to be major modules

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
14 updates.
All seem to be major modules
Well fuck me, this actually makes me pretty upset because I just had the thing at the dealer 3 times for the same issue and they had that car for probably 4 weeks in total, and they didn't update a damn thing, when they told me they did.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well fuck me, this actually makes me pretty upset because I just had the thing at the dealer 3 times for the same issue and they had that car for probably 4 weeks in total, and they didn't update a damn thing, when they told me they did.
They didnt update anythign. They cleared your transmission adaptive tables in August.. Thats it not one modules was updated.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1663003679342

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
They didnt update anythign. They cleared your transmission adaptive tables in August.. Thats it not one modules was updated.

1663003679342.png
Thanks for sharing that. It was in for some trans issues, and it would take me a while to type it all out, so I'll spare y'all the details. Man that's frustrating

EDIT: if that sad face is considered negative reaction score, I'll remove it

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired

- Start your truck
- Wait until you see a prompt on the truck's display to let you know that the update has started and not to remove the USB drive until instructed to do so
- At some point (varies based on the update), you'll see a prompt on the truck's display to restart the truck
- After restarting the truck, at some point you'll see an indication that the update was successful and that you can remove the USB drive
- Plug the USB drive back into your laptop and click "Yes" to let FDRS know it was successful (or not)
- FDRS will then read some info from the drive and update its servers accordingly
Thanks for detailed instructions.

Hopefully OTA works. If not I’m prepared to do it myself.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 powerboost
Alright any help would be appreciated, I have a powerboost. A few weeks ago I performed done updates using the nano, prior to reading this forum, and bricked the CCM module. I also attempted to update the BCM which failed but didn't lock down the truck like others experienced. The only thing that was broken was the bed lamps (which did work prior). I have since gotten the mongoose and fixed the CCM module, and did a PMI on the BCM but that has not fixed the bed lamps. Does Anyone have any ideas what I could do to fix this?

Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Alright any help would be appreciated, I have a powerboost. A few weeks ago I performed done updates using the nano, prior to reading this forum, and bricked the CCM module. I also attempted to update the BCM which failed but didn't lock down the truck like others experienced. The only thing that was broken was the bed lamps (which did work prior). I have since gotten the mongoose and fixed the CCM module, and did a PMI on the BCM but that has not fixed the bed lamps. Does Anyone have any ideas what I could do to fix this?
I had the same issue. There's a change that needs to be made in FDRS to get them working again. @Jesse-Infotainment knows which address needs to be changed to what. I think it's related to the way bed lamps are part of a different package in the '22 and '23 trucks. Reach out to him and he can hook you up with the specifics.

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Anyone care to take a peak?

1FTFW1ED0MFB66211

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150

- Start your truck
Is this the one where it could take up to two weeks, a month or longer? But if I've read enough about this and how some USB sticks can be made, you no longer need FDRS for this to complete? If you have the USB, you don't even need FDRS at all? Just clarifying for myself and anyone that may read this particular post out of the 6,000 in this thread alone.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Is this the one where it could take up to two weeks, a month or longer? But if I've read enough about this and how some USB sticks can be made, you no longer need FDRS for this to complete? If you have the USB, you don't even need FDRS at all? Just clarifying for myself and anyone that may read this particular post out of the 6,000 in this thread alone.
This post was in reference to using FDRS and creating the USB drive and the process for programming. As Rick points out at the start of the post " (after you've prepared the USB using FDRS)".
Sponsored