Sponsored

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
You're right...they were very busy on the 22nd.
Thanks - that was a fast response. Pretty impressed by the service I received by the dealership. The truck does seem to go into and stay in hybrid mode longer, but maybe that's just because I haven't driven it in a couple days.
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
You'll be pleasantly surprised how easy it is. And, if you do run into problems, you can come on here and someone will help you through it.
I know ... but still..untill I have done it once.... I do pick things up quick.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Here's today's list:

1FTFX1E81MKE01710-24-Aug-22.png

I don't know if the BCM is safe to update yet....haven't heard one way or the other.

Mike
would you mind checking what updates I am showing ?
1FTFW1ed3mfb23739

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Isn’t there a way to check the software manifest before download and install?
Well even if there was there's likely a couple of problems with that (unless your @Jesse-Infotainment)...

1) what would we compare it to, and

2) I'd be like a hog lookin' at a wristwatch, with no idea what packages do what.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
🤡🤡

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
what would we compare it to
The known-good files Jesse listed. Since he identified the problem. Anyone having doubts about updating their BCM can use the info in this thread as a cross-reference right?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Every BCM is different. there are MANY BCM packages. even for Power boost there can be a variance.

I can see the called for files. Before they are installed. The issue is they may have CAlled for the correct file but download the WRONG one.

There are so many variables. There is no one size fits all situation. There may be many trucks that have the same package but there just as many that do not.

Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
The known-good files Jesse listed. Since he identified the problem. Anyone having doubts about updating their BCM can use the info in this thread as a cross-reference right?
This is not something you really want the average end user to do. It will lead to them causing more problems than it solves.

Plus there is no way to keep info with the different cross-reference info up to date.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
That sucks. My fault for being optimistic there would be a simple way to manually validate updates prior to install. I assumed if a file called doesn’t match a file downloaded a validation check would halt the installation process; it’s a tad concerning to read otherwise.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Short version: Dealer has had the truck 3 weeks... what have they done? VIN 1FTFW1ED5MFB13052

Longer version: Took the truck in to get an oil change. Did the walk around with the service writer. I pointed out zero dings. Two small rock chips in front.... Emphasized I wanted it back in the same condition. 2 hours later - truck returned with the oil changed and a nice dent in the right front fender. Showed service writer and management and they agreed to fix. Then the wait for a loaner began.

I got the Ford service survey and made the proper/correct marks/feedback. Dealer management got involved and finally found a loaner.. a few weeks from when the dealer vandalized my truck. Supposed to be 3-4 days in body shop. While I finally had a loaner I asked them to also fix the console not staying up, driver seat cushion loose, factory Ford bedliner peeling on the tailgate and the air dam occasionally sticking down. Expectation was another day or so in the shop. 5 calendar days later they had ordered a lid (national back order), reconnected a tab/hook on the seat and replaced the motor on the air dam.

Off to paint and body after 8 days. And at least .5-2 true hours of repair work completed. Got a text on day 9 that the body shop should finish on day 12. Day 12 AM got a text that bodywork should finish that day. Day 13 and I ping on status... "ran into issues." Day 14 and the truck has been sent to a subcontractor (Line-x) to fix bedliner.

Just wondering what they are telling Ford they did.... And hoping they didn't screw something up as the had to "re-program" to fix the air dam. Not what I wanted to hear.....

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I went to but a 2 day license for FDRS and I was directed to IDS. Is this were I get the license for FDRS?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Last edited: