Sponsored

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
. Would have been a lot simpler and time saving overall if there was a way to just reboot the whole car, let it get settled and then go on to program the next module
You can. Temporarily disconnect the 12V battery (12V batteries if PowerBoost) and keep your FRDS session active.

Also, on the disconnecting the adapter from OBDII and then selecting the PMI, letting it fail, etc. I thought there were instructions in the troubleshooting steps for recovering modules that told you to simply say "No" when asked if the original module was installed. Isn't that the same thing? Or is disconnecting the adapter from the OBDII serving some other purpose?
I think you missed that halfway through the session you have to reconnect the VCMM to the OBD. I believe the physical bypass skips the calibration validation checks and tricks FRDS into thinking you have a brain dead module. Later when you are connected and selecting "No" you are bypassing an ECU wake command.

It reminds me of a similar older process some guys use with IDS to flash junk yard PCMs as demonstrated in this video:

Sponsored

Last edited:

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Just a reminder to turn off your auto-updates. Ford in their infinite wisdom is trying to push an old version of the TCU & APIM to my truck. Luckily this time I had auto-updates off so they can't screw it up.
yes i got the old update too. It has the download symbol on the main screen and each time I sart the truck it pops up asking me to update. it has been this way for 3 weeks. any way to cancel it for good ?

drkCrix

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
IT
Would someone be able to check my VIN?

1FTFW1E82MFB05879

Cheers,

Chris

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Would someone be able to check my VIN?

1FTFW1E82MFB05879

Cheers,

Chris
11 Mar '21 build date. Job 1 truck
Eligible for 21G01 BlueCruise update at Ford's expense (Assuming you got the Active Prep 2.0 option for BC).
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1FTFW1E82MFB05879-30-July-22

I noticed in the service history that on two separate dates (15 Feb and 7 Apr) that APIM updates were attempted and each time they failed with a "Unable to obtain MU5T-14H212-GK or -HK" or... whatever binary file.

Not being as smart as some of the module whisperers we have on this forum, I can't say whether it's a case of not following the proper sequence of module updates in 21G01, or whether there is some other cause for these failures. Hopefully, @Jesse-Infotainment or @JEB or @Airborne_Ape can weigh in and provide some insights.

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
11 Mar '21 build date. Job 1 truck
Eligible for 21G01 BlueCruise update at Ford's expense (Assuming you got the Active Prep 2.0 option for BC).
1FTFW1E82MFB05879-30-July-22.png

I noticed in the service history that on two separate dates (15 Feb and 7 Apr) that APIM updates were attempted and each time they failed with a "Unable to obtain MU5T-14H212-GK or -HK" or... whatever binary file.

Not being as smart as some of the module whisperers we have on this forum, I can't say whether it's a case of not following the proper sequence of module updates in 21G01, or whether there is some other cause for these failures. Hopefully, @Jesse-Infotainment or @JEB or @Airborne_Ape can weigh in and provide some insights.

Mike
Since this is a lengthy update list, and an update for the camera module (CMR) is not among the out of date modules, I suspect this is a non-BlueCruise truck.

As for the failed APIM updates, is this truck stuck on OTA 1.7.1? If so, TSB 22-2150 needs to be completed first. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10210393-0001.pdf. This revised version of the fastboot recovery procedure came out about two weeks after the dealer last tried to update the APIM.

After the APIM is up tp date, the order of modules is not particularly important. The GWM and TCU are important in the priority order but they already appear to be up to date.

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
yes i got the old update too. It has the download symbol on the main screen and each time I sart the truck it pops up asking me to update. it has been this way for 3 weeks. any way to cancel it for good ?
i dont know how to clear it, but I’m going to bite the bullet and get a 2 day license to run a network scan. Hopefully that clears it up and stops this crap.

cary

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 - 2021
Occupation
Sales
Thank you.
Dumb question, if I don’t update these modules will they eventually be updated OTA via Ford? Or, would I need to take them to a dealership to be updated?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Dumb question, if I don’t update these modules will they eventually be updated OTA via Ford? Or, would I need to take them to a dealership to be updated?
Some will, some won't be updated via OTA. Also most dealerships will only update the modules that are "broke" as that's all they get paid for. To get all of your modules truly 100% up to date you'll have to do it manually.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Could someone please check Vin 1FT8W4DT7LEC69178. This is for my brother's F550. was going to help him with any updates he might need. Thanks!

cary

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 - 2021
Occupation
Sales
Some will, some won't be updated via OTA. Also most dealerships will only update the modules that are "broke" as that's all they get paid for. To get all of your modules truly 100% up to date you'll have to do it manually.
thanks, so I have PCM, IPMA, ABS and ACM updates. Is there one I should do first or does it matter?

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Could someone please check Vin 1FT8W4DT7LEC69178. This is for my brother's F550. was going to help him with any updates he might need. Thanks!
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220731_063917

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
thanks, so I have PCM, IPMA, ABS and ACM updates. Is there one I should do first or does it matter?
I think I would do the PCM first, then the ABS, the ACM, and end up with the IPMA.

Mike

JDPEagle

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Longtime lurker (but long time benefactor of the amazing knowledge and expertise of this group). Before I "bite the bullet" to accumulate the hardware/software required for this process (have had the greyed out update selections and no SW versions listed in the Sync data for almost almost 9 months, and multiple [incompetent] dealer visits), could someone look up my VIN for pending updates?

VIN 1FTFW1E80MFA20877

Many continued thanks in advance!!

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Was there any info on clearing up "corrupt" Node info from using the VXnano? Have a few modules that are showing some wonky info. I know using a mongoose and doing a scan in FDRS will fix it but are there any other alternatives? I dont have any module updates pending so trying to avoid a FDRS license and a Mongoose at this point. I looked into forscan to see if any procedure would update the node info but havent been successful. Thanks for any info!
Sponsored